No sin in sex

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
bump bump bump this thread

Yeah the main reason I started separating myself from the church and friends I used to have (and i used to be baptist) is that sex was a sin.

I studied the bible for the longest time trying to find how sex was a sin. It never was mentioned as a sin in any text. Only in texts where people put in their own input. The whole soddom and gamora deal was wrong because those people were indeed worshipping the gods, but being perverted w/ sleeping around with orgies and being gay... etc. etc.

I have always felt that the bible never intended for people to think sex was immorral... just an immoral person conducting immorral sexual acts is immorral/sinful. But thats what happens when you let tyrants and dictators "edit" the bible

Good post dude!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This thread brought to you in part by the Tiger Woods Foundation. "It may not be sinful, but it's damn expensive".

Also, the Perkins chain of dining establishments. Have some pie, then meet one of our friendly staff behind the dumpster. "There's sinful, and then there's just plain dirty".

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My 2 cents...

1. Sex itself is not the sin. God created sex. The unlawful use of sex is sin and therefore the breaking of God's command concerning sex is the sin.

2. God has certain limits on what kind of sex he wants His creation to have, and what is unlawful.
a. sex without marriage - unlawful
b. sex with the same sex, male and male female and female - unlawful
c. sex with opposite sex while married to another - unlawful
d. sex with animals - unlawful
e. sex as worship to gods - unlawful
f. sex with opposite sex in covenant of marriage - lawful

God has instructed that He wants a man and a woman to have, and take joy in sex within the covenant of marriage. There is no sin here as it is within marriage and blessed of God. But those who have guilt concerning sex have it because they are breaking God's law concerning sex and not just because they feel guilty for having sex. It is the law that makes them guilty, and it was the act of breaking that law that caused the guilt.

If you wish to have sex, have it a lot, and enjoy every minute of it guilt free. Find someone of the opposite sex, get married and have a lot of fun !

As for animals, they cannot sin because they were not given a law about sex. They do what animals were created to do, be fruitful and multiply. You will not find laws on sex regarding animals between animals. You will find a law relating to animal sex where man is involved with having sex with them. The Bible says that where there is no law there is no sin. Animals have one law given to them and they obey it to the best they can and that is to reproduce. Man however, has laws because he was given the planet and is responsible for it's care. Man was given much more than the animals and God gave him a law to live by.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
My 2 cents...

1. Sex itself is not the sin. God created sex. The unlawful use of sex is sin and therefore the breaking of God's command concerning sex is the sin.

And you are free to believe that and live the way you believe. But surely not everyone believe as you do, are they allowed to believe differently than you?

2. God has certain limits on what kind of sex he wants His creation to have, and what is unlawful.
a. sex without marriage - unlawful
b. sex with the same sex, male and male female and female - unlawful
c. sex with opposite sex while married to another - unlawful
d. sex with animals - unlawful
e. sex as worship to gods - unlawful
f. sex with opposite sex in covenant of marriage - lawful

I'm with you on the sex with animals. And personally I don't like the same sex thing either, or group sex, never tried it never will. In fact, I don't like sex all that much.

God has instructed that He wants a man and a woman to have, and take joy in sex within the covenant of marriage. There is no sin here as it is within marriage and blessed of God. But those who have guilt concerning sex have it because they are breaking God's law concerning sex and not just because they feel guilty for having sex. It is the law that makes them guilty, and it was the act of breaking that law that caused the guilt.

That's an opinion and a religious belief, nothing more.

If you wish to have sex, have it a lot, and enjoy every minute of it guilt free. Find someone of the opposite sex, get married and have a lot of fun !

People do that all the time without being married, should they be rounded up and shot?

People can be sinful, but sex is "never" sinful, it's a bodily function for Pete’s sake.

There are nearly seven billion orgasms in the flesh (humans) on this planet. Sex is a reproductive bodily function with some side benefits, nothing more!!!

Sex receives way too much press, it’s a natural function built into all living things, humans are the only creatures that decided to put sex under a microscope and create fallacies about it…for the purpose of controlling other people, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Didn't the sex as a sin idea become codified with Paul's notion of the need for celebacy? I am no bible reader but I seem to remember something about chastity being the best way and all who could not control their urges should get married.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Whoever is spreading the "sex is not a sin" rumor is only trying to paint a justification net for him/herself to ATTEMPT to avoid sin accountability.

What is it with mankind and the Bible - they don't like the "rules" aka God's Laws, so they try to find loopholes to get around them.

Pre marital sex is a sin
Gay sex is a sin

And yes, the Bible does say that if you can't control your urges, it is better to marry.

On Judgement Day, I used to say I wanted to be behind O.J. - but I think now I want to be behind someone that is gonna try to pitch the "But sex wasn't a sin" comment to God.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Didn't the sex as a sin idea become codified with Paul's notion of the need for celebacy? I am no bible reader but I seem to remember something about chastity being the best way and all who could not control their urges should get married.

The whole concept was twisted around. Rome, as was true with all the other nations and powers in the region in those days had hundreds of deities to choose from. It was maddening, the competition for converts was fierce.

The whole idea of one deity originally came from Egypt and then the Jewish people got hold of it. The Jewish originators of Christianity kept the one deity concept as a centerpiece of their new religion, Christianity.

Obstaining from the hundreds of competing pagan religions is what celibacy was meant to be. Somehow celibacy from pagan religions morphed into sexual celibacy and the rest is history, flawed history.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
if there is no sin in your sex, then your doing it wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Whoever is spreading the "sex is not a sin" rumor is only trying to paint a justification net for him/herself to ATTEMPT to avoid sin accountability.

I'm heterosexual, married and have never fooled around. I don't have a sin accountability issue according to Christianity.

What is it with mankind and the Bible - they don't like the "rules" aka God's Laws, so they try to find loopholes to get around them.

That's a religious belief and opinion, nothing more.

Pre marital sex is a sin
Gay sex is a sin

That's an opinion, nothing more.

And yes, the Bible does say that if you can't control your urges, it is better to marry.

A Jewish person named Paul said that. It was his opinion, nothing more.

On Judgement Day, I used to say I wanted to be behind O.J. - but I think now I want to be behind someone that is gonna try to pitch the "But sex wasn't a sin" comment to God.

On judgment day those who judge others will be judged. It says so in the Christian bible.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So, basically, the best I can tell, your defense is to toss everything that you don't agree with into the "opinion" pile?

Note:
There was a man relaxing on the beach when the tsunami sirens started blaring. He watched as hundreds of people began to run off the beach towards higher ground, while he remained.
A little boy, while running past him, asked him why he wasn't running as well. The man replied "Oh, I don't believe in tsunamis".
Within minutes the tsunami hit the beach, washing the man out to sea.

===========
Lesson being: Be an adult and own up to your shortcomings, instead of always trying to find loopholes to avoid accountability.

Re the "judge not lest you shall be judged" - the Bible says for us to "judge righteously". That line is the most overused, and abused, line of "defense" that a non believer feels is his/her last defense. Sort of like their "ace in the hole" - so they think.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
if there is no sin in your sex, then your doing it wrong.

The allure of the bad boy/girl is what makes life more interesting.

Some want to be bad because bad is cool and sexy.

Unless you are breaking some law, sex is not bad or evil regardless how you do it. So if bad is your gig you need to bark up another tree.

When things are forbidden, they become more desirable and consequently more destructive.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

So, basically, the best I can tell, your defense is to toss everything that you don't agree with into the "opinion" pile?

There are no shortages of opinions and opinions hold little value in our world.

Note:
There was a man relaxing on the beach when the tsunami sirens started blaring. He watched as hundreds of people began to run off the beach towards higher ground, while he remained.
A little boy, while running past him, asked him why he wasn't running as well. The man replied "Oh, I don't believe in tsunamis".
Within minutes the tsunami hit the beach, washing the man out to sea.

===========
Lesson being: Be an adult and own up to your shortcomings, instead of always trying to find loopholes to avoid accountability.

Everyone will be held accountable for their actions, including how they treat others sexually. But sex itself is "never" a sin.

Re the "judge not lest you shall be judged" - the Bible says for us to "judge righteously". That line is the most overused, and abused, line of "defense" that a non believer feels is his/her last defense. Sort of like their "ace in the hole" - so they think.

The line is overused because it is valid.

Sex is nothing in the scheme of things other than a reproductive device with the feel good carrot built in to entice reproduction of the species.

Sex is not evil.
It's mind boggling that so many people have fallen for that silly idea and created a monster out of nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Sodom & Gomorra

Shortly after the arrival of the Hebrews on Earth, we helped them on several occasions. We also punished them. For example, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was caused by one of our space vehicles. The people of those two towns were presenting a bad example and acting dangerously for the people in contact with them. We tried various means in an endeavour to put them back on the right track, but in vain. We had to be ruthless.

‘Each time that you read in the Bible: ‘And the Lord God said this or that’ - you should read ‘and the inhabitants of Thiaoouba said...’.’

source:www.galactic.no...

[edit on 20-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Just when I think I've heard tell of all of the "new age/modern day" clubs and "religions", up pops another.

It's funny, but sad at the same time - every time mankind runs across something he doesn't like or which will run the risk of holding him accountable for his behavior, someone will create another one.

I'm surprised that someone hasn't created a "HealthCarePlan Insurance" religion, yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

In regards to your signature, mankind was created to serve God - granted more people are not serving Him than are - which is exactly why our news headlines are reading like they are, and will only continue to increase in frequency, and severity.

Mankind has chosen to become a 'fast food drive through' kind of species. We think it's allll about *us*, and if we don't agree with it, we think we can just order something else.

In the beginning, God created the Heavens, and us. Anything created afterwards is man made. *You* may or may not agree with Him, or His Bible, but *your* opinion on Him really is of no concern to His plans - which will be fulfilled, regardless of how *you* feel about it, or Him.

While a loving God, He is also a very just God - the Bible makes it crystal clear that He will not be mocked.

If people want to continue to denounce Him, and His Scriptures, that is a choice each person has to make. But as things get worse for our lit'l abode we call "Earth", don't start ranting and raving about how you are suffering, and how a "good God wouldn't allow this to happen" - He has given us chance after chance after chance after chance........... and still there are people on His planet that have allowed pride and vanity to rule over their very soul.

People like this are only continuing to seal their eternal demise - and the blame for that sits squarely on the shoulder of the person making the decision.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It seems to me the 'sin of sex' sprouted from the birth of patriarchal society.

In other words, you always know who the mother is.

(Thus not always know the father)...(Think about that a moment.)

I truly believe, if we were not so patriarchal based, the sin of *sex* would hold only the power it deserved, and that is much less power than it holds now.

peace

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Sodom & Gomorra

Shortly after the arrival of the Hebrews on Earth, we helped them on several occasions. We also punished them. For example, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was caused by one of our space vehicles. The people of those two towns were presenting a bad example and acting dangerously for the people in contact with them. We tried various means in an endeavour to put them back on the right track, but in vain. We had to be ruthless.

‘Each time that you read in the Bible: ‘And the Lord God said this or that’ - you should read ‘and the inhabitants of Thiaoouba said...’.’

source:www.galactic.no...
[edit on 20-3-2010 by sphinx551]

Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed but not because of sex or sexual exploits of any kind. Sodom and Gomorrah was a place of exotic pagan religious exploits including human sacrifice.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by sleeper]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by sleeper

In regards to your signature, mankind was created to serve God - granted more people are not serving Him than are - which is exactly why our news headlines are reading like they are, and will only continue to increase in frequency, and severity.

How can an immature child serve the parent? A good and responsible parent serves the child. Humans are immature children regardless of age or perceived knowledge and understanding they may think they possess.

Mankind has chosen to become a 'fast food drive through' kind of species. We think it's allll about *us*, and if we don't agree with it, we think we can just order something else.

And god wants such incompetents to serve him?

In the beginning, God created the Heavens, and us. Anything created afterwards is man made. *You* may or may not agree with Him, or His Bible, but *your* opinion on Him really is of no concern to His plans - which will be fulfilled, regardless of how *you* feel about it, or Him.

Mankind created nothing, higher beings created everything we have, even our wits or lack there of.

While a loving God, He is also a very just God - the Bible makes it crystal clear that He will not be mocked.

If god has insecurities and fears being mocked, he is not cut from godly cloth.

If people want to continue to denounce Him, and His Scriptures, that is a choice each person has to make. But as things get worse for our lit'l abode we call "Earth", don't start ranting and raving about how you are suffering, and how a "good God wouldn't allow this to happen" - He has given us chance after chance after chance after chance........... and still there are people on His planet that have allowed pride and vanity to rule over their very soul.

Earth is a prison planet, created by a god or two, granted, some humans are here to learn something or other.

People like this are only continuing to seal their eternal demise - and the blame for that sits squarely on the shoulder of the person making the decision.
[edit on 20-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

If you were god and had some foolish children, would you condemn them to eternal pain and suffering for any reason at all? God is the father and we the children, no father in his right mind would do any such horrific thing to his children. We imperfect humans have more compassion than that and we are not gods.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

I absolutely agree that consentual sex is not immoral. I was a dedicated christian for almost 30 years and I can concur. It's really simple: Religion is a control method designed to pit man against his nature. This creates conflict. And that is the key.

Without conflict, there's no guilt, without guilt, there's no cry for help, and without a cry for help, there's no potential for control.

It's exactly what the Commercial system does in court. Controversy creates court. Why did Yeshua say to make amends with your brother before you get in front of a judge..?

Conflict. Controversy. When you teach a man that his very nature, what God gave him, is wrong, naughty and shamefully sinful, and you teach him this as you convince him you love him and you care, this creates much conflict within the man's mind.

This conflict can go one of two ways: Outright Rejection of the teachings, which is the most healthy. Or one can accept the teachings because people they trust and love tell them it is God's will. This then creates situations where the "believer" is confronted with reality that does not conform to his belief system. At this point, the mind activates a defense mechanism called cognitive dissonance. This is basically the mind's attempt to rationalize the inconsistencies it observes to maintain the belief system it has accepted. This causes the mind to basically ignore reality, ignore all the signs that point to this belief system being false, and it retreats into itself, and creates a more comfortable pseudo-reality in which it's belief system remains unchallenged and safe. One of the problems with this is that there is a part of man's mind that always sees the true Reality (call it the Observer). So even though the man has retreated safely into his pseudo-reality, there is a part of him that continues to observe the conflict arising from the control method. This creates thoughts and emotions that the mind is not ready to accept so what happens to them? They are pushed deep down inside of the man, and they are expressed in increased anger, frustration, depression, and self-loathing. Ah, the man is a mess! He is screaming for help from someone who knows what God wants from him! I do that which I hate, "...who shall deliver me from this body of death?" Now the conflict has created dependence. The control is complete...do you see?? Now the man needs to be SAVED. He needs a SAVIOR. Enter the entire idea of a MESSIAH. ALL FALSE CONTROL METHODS!

Paul's teachings apply here. The entire idea of faith is nothing more than a "when things don't go the way you expect due to your belief system, ignore everything and just BELIEVE". By Faith...blah blah blah, remember? Paul sets it up beautifully with his dichotomous "flesh vs spirit" in Romans 7, then gives the whole faith sermon. Evidence of things not seen...in other words, faith is a "get out of jail free" card for the mind when the cognitive dissonance becomes to great and reality starts crashing in again. Churches call this the "falling away" period where the "prodigal son" becomes "backslidden". But if you follow Paul's teachings you're golden! Hey, it doesn't matter that this stuff just doesn't seem to work...just doesn't seem right. It doesn't matter that your actual results of following this control system aren't what was promised...you just need MORE FAITH, MORE WORSHIP. Close your eyes, lift your hands and TRY HARDER.

Sex isn't wrong. Monogamous, western-Gentile marriage contracts are WRONG. Women were designed to seek out one man. Men were designed to seek out multiple women. Women do not like this. They want control, they want one man all for themselves. Is it any wonder in family courts, the women has all the power? The State has assumed the Paternal role through contract and the man is left with...nothing.

Now we're taught it's wrong to want multiple wives/concubines/partners. But it's in our very DNA to "be fruitful, and multiply". In other societies, polygamy is a time honored tradition, and results in healthy relationships not only between the man and his wives, but between the women themselves.

I got sick of the control, the rules, and the constant beating into my brain that my desires and impulses were the result of some inner war between Flesh and Spirit...so glad I saw the light.
edit on 7/17/2012 by mfrey0118 because: added stuff
edit on 7/17/2012 by mfrey0118 because: (no reason given)
edit on 7/17/2012 by mfrey0118 because: thought of more crap to write

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some people may use the same argument to validfy immoral urges, such as going behind one lover's back. Sex IS a good thing, but sexual immorality is the finer subject you may be seeking to debate about. Christian teachings don't actual go against sex itself, but against immoral choices in the category.

In the Old Testament, things were much different, this is why you read all about the mass populating you were describing earlier... but the teachings are different now, and they say to be true to your lover and if you love to have sex too much, get your ass married. Don't get carried away with pornography, because you will belittle what gift was given to us that was MEANT to be enjoyed very very extensively and in the greatest ways possible. It's a dangerous thing because we can crave it too much, and it may lead to disaster if we take advantage of it in the wrong way.

I haven't done much research in every religion to see what is stated about sex vs. sexual immorality, but this would be an interesting region to pursue for this thread.

Thanks

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join