<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mastermind_2011
reply to post by sleeper

Sleeper!
I really appreciate this thread!
I fully acknowledge that sex isn't something bad, something we should be ashamed of. I have my own personal morals and those might now be those of another...so who am I to say that I'm right. I think that as long as we keep to our moral compass then we will be fine, even if its having sex! Thanks again for this thread!!

It's too bad that so many people interpret their bibles to fulfill their own personal fantasies of what the world is about. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it's best to keep misunderstandings to oneself I say.

The bible also says to live and let live, or was that the Beatles that said that?

Sex is a gift from God or whoever created our bodies, the details and the guilt about our bodies and sexuality are "manmade" and downright silly.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Well not religious so the term sin is meaningless to me. But for my age i have always been a bit of a traditionalists in the sense that i like to be in a relationship for a while before indulging myself. Never had a one night stand and like to wait around 5 or 6 months if in a relationship. I really don't have a problem with folks that like that sort of lifestyle(lots of friends who enjoy it) but i think it comes with alot of negatives. Like i said im not religious, but a more conservative approach to sex would do alot of people and society some good. Not my place to judge though.

I agree, abuse of anything, food, drugs, wine and song comes with a price tag.

Sex is abused because it has the "forbidden fruit” enticement to it. Anything forbidden is sought after with a vengeance. Look what happened when they tried to stop people from drinking back in the 1920s. Drugs are cooler because they are against the law.

But unlike drugs and alcohol, our bodies were created for us and we placed into them, and they are built for sex and pleasure, we had nothing to do with our creation. We are born with all the sexual bells and whistles! If sex is sinful then why did our creators install all this fancy equipment in our bodies?

What good is a flower that doesn't bloom? The gods gave us these gifts for enjoyment because this world is a cold and difficult place without a little love and bliss now and then.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Your creating a subtext that is not apparent in my post so I wont be dragged into your silly, silly argument nor will I cheapen the love between my girlfriend and I to humor your scenario.

You can't answer me because to do so would reveal a moral contradiction in your "more sex is better" position.

Which means you're a hypocrite.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Perhaps you have been burned by such an act and still harbor resentment?

Sonny-boy, in my life I've hammered more of that ass than you ever will, with multiple partners, married women, my boss's daughters, my brothers' wives, my girlfriend's sisters, my buddy's fiancés, you name it.

I've committed just about every abomination, sexual and otherwise, except for homosexuality and bestiality — although a few of my conquests could rightly be called coyotes.

It wasn't until I was about 33 that I finally realized what a thin, dangerous line I was walking, and I cleaned up my act — fortunately without contracting any STDs or being shot in somebody's bedroom.

But focking close.

That's why I kind of resent a tag-team of God-haters or whatever you are attempting to use the Bible to disprove the Bible itself. I've run into your types before, and I can tell you that I'm definitely a worse person than you are, but I don't take out my petty anger on God.

— Doc Velocity

I'd give you 100 stars for this post if I could.

We've all been incredibly stupid, but it's good to grow up.

And that's all that people here are proving lately... they're not growing up.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
You speak as if Jesus is all lovey-dovey and no conviction and judgment....

no, i'm just voicing my allegiance to what Jesus told us we were to do - what our Father sent him to both teach us and show us - and maybe even serving a reminder to others who might have forgotten, for a moment, why we are here.

Don't pretend for a moment that there is only love without judgment

i'm not pretending anything
i'm just doing what Jesus said to do:
JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED

you see, in regard to my soul, i'm working toward perfected love WITHOUT fear and without judgment.
if i don't judge, then i won't have to be concerned about anything but loving GOD, my neighbors, and my enemies.

so i don't judge and i don't worry

but thanks for your concern and advice.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sonny-boy, in my life I've hammered more of that ass than you ever will,

(....)

but I don't take out my petty anger on God.

— Doc Velocity

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
I'd give you 100 stars for this post if I could.

me, too!
that was GREAT, Doc!

*standing ovation*

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by queenannie38

You speak as if Jesus is all lovey-dovey and no conviction and judgment....

Did Jesus not also say that he came not to bring peace, but the sword?

These narrow views of our Father and the all-encompassing characteristics...they're....human.

Don't pretend for a moment that there is only love without judgment....for in that moment you will surely lose yourself.

A2D

I have been wondering if I was the only one who believed that Jesus isn't a pushover.

A2D and Doc Velocity... impressive.

It is good to see that people still have morals and do good for the sake of doing good and are less occupied with the thought of rewards.

OR JUDGMENT.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
I have been wondering if I was the only one who believed that Jesus isn't a pushover.

i'd never say Jesus is a pushover....but he's never anything but sweet and kind to me!~

It is good to see that people still have morals and do good for the sake of doing good and are less occupied with the thought of rewards.

what do morals have to do with it?
for that matter, what does *good* even have to do with it?

who is good?
only GOD

nothing matters if you don't have LOVE
not that i'm saying that you don't - obviously you do!

i'm just reiterating for the sake of the subject which is, of course...

LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
LOVE!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

in my life I've hammered more of that ass than you ever will, with multiple partners, married women, my boss's daughters, my brothers' wives, my girlfriend's sisters, my buddy's fiancés, you name it.

I've committed just about every abomination, sexual and otherwise, except for homosexuality and bestiality — although a few of my conquests could rightly be called coyotes.

— Doc Velocity

And now that you are an altar boy god will forgive all those past indiscretions, sinful acts, and abominations that you have admitted to. Play then pray and it will all go away, must be nice.

No wonder so many children are mixed up and confused about what is right and what is wrong. Any wrong we do we can confess and it all goes away. Talk about convenient.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

If it's not sinful then why does the Holy Spirit convict me of us lust? Lust is the forerunner of sex, is it not?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

The Sermon on the Mount is no doubt which you speak of...

Jesus had much more to say about "judgment" than just that sentence.

"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5)

Jesus was clearly talking about making personal judgments against others, when their own behavior was much worse than those receiving the judgment. Jesus makes it clear that he especially had a problem with the hypocrisy of the Jewish religious leaders of his time.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of robbery and self-indulgence. You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness..." (Matthew 23:25-28)

There are many other verses that indicate that Jesus was very unhappy about the behaviour of these hypocrites. So, his warning against judging others was primarily aimed at those who did not have their own house in order.

Jesus is our pillar, as Christians, to lean on. We are called to mimic him. Jesus was in no way free of casting judgment, however, there is one thing that stands out. Jesus set forth with RIGHTEOUS judgment.

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." (John 7:24)

I leave you with this: The Holy Spirit resides in my heart. From the overflow of my heart my tongue speaks. Who now, is the Judge?

A2D

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by sleeper

If it's not sinful then why does the Holy Spirit convict me of us lust? Lust is the forerunner of sex, is it not?

Lust is a component of sex.

It's natural for religious people to feel guilt about sex because sex has been demonized by misinterpretations of the bible through the many translations it has gone through in the last 2 thousand years.

Human bodies are one hundred percent sexual and we humans certainly didn't create our bodies. God created sex, lust, desire and everything about sexuality.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So, his warning against judging others was primarily aimed at those who did not have their own house in order.

true enough.
but then, by the time one get's one house in order, as you say, judgment has become a non-issue in more ways than one.

We are called to mimic him.

i know it's really just semantics and personal taste, but the word mimic really doesn't seem to be the right choice

mimicking seems like a mindless thing

Jesus is my ideal - i try my best to emulate him and to follow his example - with heart and conscious awareness and a desire to grow as he did.

Jesus was in no way free of casting judgment, however, there is one thing that stands out. Jesus set forth with RIGHTEOUS judgment.

no doubt!
but he didn't judge things such as sex, love, relationships, etc. - such things weren't even in his line of sight...

what he saw and what he judged (called people out for) those who were dishonest in word and deed, hypocrisy, selfish, and greedy - such as those who were pimping their goods to the poor people, always needing pigeons for sacrifice, in the temple's outer court
there was nothing good for anyone in THAT situation
so he physically ousted them!

those are the things that do true damage - using others' needs and even misfortune in order to further one's own ends

things done in the course of just being a creature with desires - a human both sensual and sexual - those things don't really matter at all!

what matters is how we treat each other
even promiscuity comes with a certain degree of affection, on one level or another...unless there are serious sexual deviations in the mind of one or the other, no one gets spiritually damaged from even an ill-advised one-night stand! and serious sexual deviation is not as common as most would think...only that which HARMS is truly deviant!

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." (John 7:24)

that's right!
and unless one is able to KNOW what is in the hearts of men, one is not able to do this.

I leave you with this: The Holy Spirit resides in my heart.

why do you feel the need to tell me?
i know what is in your heart.
it's beautiful and you are indeed blessed.

do you know what is in mine?

Who now, is the Judge?

the judge of whom?
of me?

GOD is my judge but i am no one's judge!

other than that, i don't know
GOD knows!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Listen to what you're saying...

Answer this...Is it possible that your interpretation of their MISINTERPRETATION...is itself a MISINTERPRETATION?

Answer this...Is it possible that their MISinterpretation is actually a correct...and you are the one that is MISINTERPRETING the situation...

You have to ask yourself..."Who is infallible?" "Who has the ONLY RIGHT interpretation?"

Did you completely miss the part where I said that the Holy Spirit convicts us personally? Didn't Jesus call for a PERSONAL relationship with God? Why then should CONVICTION be anything other than a PERSONAL matter? Do not let men tell you that you do wrong, for they themselves shall be hypocrites in doing so. Let the Holy Spirit take your hand and guide you and inform you. Your heart knows what sin and what sin isn't. My sin is not your sin. My path is not your path. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a PERSONAL relationship....it'd just be THE relationship...

A2D

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Hey Sleeper!
Nice to see you here!

I flagged and starred your thread before knowing it was yours!
Please continue you are on the Way!

Frami

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

i know it's really just semantics and personal taste, but the word mimic really doesn't seem to be the right choice

mimicking seems like a mindless thing

Jesus is my ideal - i try my best to emulate him and to follow his example - with heart and conscious awareness and a desire to grow as he did.

Fair enough. I will choose my words more wisely when in discussion with you.

no doubt!
but he didn't judge things such as sex, love, relationships, etc. - such things weren't even in his line of sight...

what he saw and what he judged (called people out for) those who were dishonest in word and deed, hypocrisy, selfish, and greedy - such as those who were pimping their goods to the poor people, always needing pigeons for sacrifice, in the temple's outer court
there was nothing good for anyone in THAT situation
so he physically ousted them!

those are the things that do true damage - using others' needs and even misfortune in order to further one's own ends

things done in the course of just being a creature with desires - a human both sensual and sexual - those things don't really matter at all!

what matters is how we treat each other
even promiscuity comes with a certain degree of affection, on one level or another...unless there are serious sexual deviations in the mind of one or the other, no one gets spiritually damaged from even an ill-advised one-night stand! and serious sexual deviation is not as common as most would think...only that which HARMS is truly deviant!

This whole thread makes it seem as though I am incorrect in that sex has a sinful nature attached to it. Why must I be wrong? When one says that it is okay to do this...are they not judging those who think that it is wrong to do so? Is your belief that sex is not sinful somehow superior to my belief that it is? Live and let live. What I consider sin does not even MATTER in your life. I live my life to the standards that the Holy Spirit holds me to. I will be judged for what I know and what I believe. You live your life to the standards that the Holy Spirit holds YOU to. YOU will be judged for what YOU know and what YOU believe. If you do not feel the spirit of conviction come among you when contemplating sexual behaviour, then indeed it is probably perfectly fine for you to engage in such an activity. In my circumstance however, it is different.

I hate the term "eunuch" because it gives me a bad feeling but..I do believe this passage is reflective of the PERSONAL conviction that resides with sexuality. "For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it." This passage shows the DIFFERENCES...but yet...it doesnt condemn any of them.

Also, 2Timothy 2:22 "Run from anything that stimulates youthful lust. Follow anything that makes you want to do right. Pursue faith and love and peace, and enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts."

The thought of sexual intercourse, outside of a committed relationship, does not inspire me to "do right". What it inspires is selfishness and pleasing my flesh.

Even furthermore, 1Corinthians Ch6 states:
"Someone will say, "I am allowed to do anything."

Yes; but not everything is good for you.

I could say that I am allowed to do anything, but I am not going to let anything make me its slave. 13 Someone else will say, "Food is for the stomach, and the stomach is for food."

Yes; but God will put an end to both. The body is not to be used for sexual immorality, but to serve the Lord; and the Lord provides for the body. 14 God raised the Lord from death, and he will also raise us by his power.

In his first letter to the Church at Corinth, Paul also states "I wish everyone could get along without marrying, just as I do. But we are not all the same. God gives some the gift of marriage, and to others he gives the gift of singleness.

I believe what Paul is saying not only applies to marriage, but sex as well.

It's not that sex itself is a sin...but sex is a road travelled by many sinners. Look at all the "evil"(if I can really use that term) that accompanies sex...teenage pregnancies...divorce...adultery...lust...rape...STD's...psychological issues within children of broken homes....and most importantly...SEX becomes an idol...

Paul writes: "In everything you do, I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord's work and thinking how to please him. 33 But a married man can't do that so well. He has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife"

All to often, our flesh becomes our ruler and it only seeks to please itself. Sex is one method of pleasure for the flesh....to deny this is to deny the pleasure found in the Spirit...

Does your spirit need sex to be pleased? Are you faithful to the flesh or to the spirit? We know we cannot have two "masters"....

A2D

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hello Friends!!

IMHO You are Talking about Sex instead of Feeling!!
Have you really made Real Sex?
What happened when you did it?

Happy

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sleeper, if your intention was to illustrate your point by provoking others to provide the evidence for you, you have succeeded.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Sleeper, if your intention was to illustrate your point by provoking others to provide the evidence for you, you have succeeded.

If we put enough effort into a molehill, we can create a mountain out of it. Sex, the most natural thing of all is nothing but a molehill, in the scheme of things, and yet, we humans have managed to turn it into an insurmountable mountain of confusion, guilt and dirt. People who think sex is evil need to get a life!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Sex, the most natural thing of all is nothing but a molehill, in the scheme of things, and yet, we humans have managed to turn it into an insurmountable mountain of confusion, guilt and dirt.

I am convinced of that!

So if sex is a molehill, what are the larger issues? What human issues are important? Lies? Deception? Confiscation? Irresponsibility? Physical harm?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by sleeper

Sex, the most natural thing of all is nothing but a molehill, in the scheme of things, and yet, we humans have managed to turn it into an insurmountable mountain of confusion, guilt and dirt.

I am convinced of that!

So if sex is a molehill, what are the larger issues? What human issues are important? Lies? Deception? Confiscation? Irresponsibility? Physical harm?

Everything is a larger issue than sex, or should be. Sex is nice but that is not our purpose in life, far from it. But sex, drugs, ego and a slew of other things are often used as speed traps that catch a whole lot of people with their pants down, when it comes to the big picture of what life is really about.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join