It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No sin in sex

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Yes, but its that initial "lust" that gets you together in the first place; there HAS to be that attraction there before anything else can happen, and eventually love takes over.. And you are right, the body is the Temple, however did not Yeshua cleanse it forever?? I know that is not a license to sin, and there is no way I would jump into bed with a guy without "feelings" being there; but im not going to feal guilty about when "things happen" either...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

Yes, but its that initial "lust" that gets you together in the first place; there HAS to be that attraction there before anything else can happen, and eventually love takes over.. And you are right, the body is the Temple, however did not Yeshua cleanse it forever?? I know that is not a license to sin, and there is no way I would jump into bed with a guy without "feelings" being there; but im not going to feal guilty about when "things happen" either...

For some, yes it is that initial lust. Not so much for me. Sure, I can look at a woman and think "Wow. She's really beautiful." But, that's not what really gets me interested. It might get me going to where I initiate a conversation, but it's not at all a factor in whether I would like to begin a relationship(which is the only way I will engage in intercourse). You're right that the attraction has to be there for anything to begin to happen, but it's not at all the deciding factor. Which, in many cases nowadays, unfortunately doesn't hold water anymore.

I think there is sin related to sex, but it's not the typical "sex out of marriage" or "homosexuality" or whatever is condemned by the modern day church. The spirit knows what is sin and what isn't...if one thinks that God would look at their actions and proclaim "It is good.", it probably isn't sinful in nature.

It all boils down to what you're convicted of on a personal level. I feel guilt and shame when I sin...I'm sure it's the same for everyone of moral standards. I would feel guilty having sexual intercourse out of wed-lock...others wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
We are programmed.

Sex is one of our programmes, to ensure that we keep on bringing more people into the world.

It is nothing more or less than that.

It has been greatly enhanced to ensure a lot of people do it.

But it is still just one of our programmed ways to act.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Sex isn't for bad, but lust is: Too much sugar may be harmful as well, as it is with sex.

Without lust what is sex? Lust is the gunpowder in the firecracker.

As we can observe from animals, they do not lust for sex, they only do it for reproductive purposes.They do not lust for it, but some people do and that can be dangerous.
-v

Dogs seem to hump everything, is that not lust? Dolphins and many other animals have sex for the pleasure and not only for reproduction:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

I think it goes that much deeper for humans.. If you want to be like a dog humping everything in site then go ahead lol, see how far that gets ya... But seriously, sex is ALWAYS better in a loving, commited relationship, and I have enough experience to say that is true.. Stop looking for quantity and look for quality... You will be happier... But a little lust is no bad thing.. Like you said, its the engine that makes toes curl and beds break lol..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by sleeper

I think it goes that much deeper for humans.. If you want to be like a dog humping everything in site then go ahead lol, see how far that gets ya... But seriously, sex is ALWAYS better in a loving, commited relationship, and I have enough experience to say that is true.. Stop looking for quantity and look for quality... You will be happier... But a little lust is no bad thing.. Like you said, its the engine that makes toes curl and beds break lol..

Humans are not animals, well, not all of them anyway.

I'm married and a monogamous heterosexual by choice. Monogamy keeps people somewhat civilized in this crazy world. Everything with moderation is the way to go. But those who blame sex for the sins of the world are way off base and wrong.

Aids kills many people but so does cars, poverty, heart disease, cancer, food poisoning, tsunamis, earth quakes, wars, religious fanaticism, tobacco, alcohol, taxes and the list goes on. Perhaps we are suppose to die eventually by something or other.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

All I want was the verses to prove that the destruction of Sodom was because of sexual perversions. I'm ragging him for the verses because he has not provided a single verse. You haven't either. Read the verses you have provided again.

Genesis 19:4-5 confirms the verdict as to the sexual sin of Sodom and its end (RSV): "But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house; and they called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them (NIV: can have sex with them , NJB: can have intercourse with them)."

Do you realize that the destruction of Sodom was already decided way before the story of dirty old men wanting to "know" the angels?

Let me ask you a question. Which one would you follow more: the wrong interpretation of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah or what Jesus said?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Let me guess...you're going to supply me with the wrong interpretation of what Jesus said...

AMIRITE?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I already supplied the verses.

No mention of any sexual sins.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

So you're telling me that it's legitimate to cherry-pick translations and interpretations of the bible? Because...that's exactly what you're doing...

The bible is a whole...accept it as a whole...or deny it as a whole...the ball is in your court...

A2D

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

So you're telling me that it's legitimate to cherry-pick translations and interpretations of the bible? Because...that's exactly what you're doing...

No, that's exactly what some Christians have been doing.

I am just telling you and Doc Velocity and people who believe in this kind of thing that it's their interpretation of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I am just telling you all straight what the Bible actually is saying. No cherry picking involved.

The bible is a whole...accept it as a whole...or deny it as a whole...the ball is in your court...

Right. As a whole, the Bible IS NOT telling you that "sexual perversions" or homosexuality is a sin.

It's an invention. I do not think you even realize that the concept of sexual sins was invented recently? The term sodomy wasn't even invented until recently.

Before you mention Augustine, it was him who struggled with sexuality. He had to invent and add ideas to the Bible.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Friend, I don't think you realise...the Holy Spirit is what translates the bible for me. I do not rely on the wicked tongues of men...(See above posts in my discussion with Selahobed.)

The Holy Spirit says to me that Sodom and Gomorroh were destroyed because they were in sin...they were apart from God. It says that it doesn't matter WHAT sin...because sin is sin and it all leads down the road of destruction....

Does that clarify?

A2D

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

The Holy Spirit says to me that Sodom and Gomorroh were destroyed because they were in sin...they were apart from God. It says that it doesn't matter WHAT sin...because sin is sin and it all leads down the road of destruction....

That is fine.

It's obvious they were destroyed because of their "sins".

But let's be honest here.

Was it because of sex? Or something else?

You or I do not rely on "wicked tongues of men". The Bible says what it says. Does it ever occur to you that the pastors might have "wicked tongues"?

Does that clarify?

Very much so.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

But let's be honest here.
Was it because of sex? Or something else?

For what does it matter what sin they were destroyed for? The moral stands....Walk with God..or walk with destruction...

A2D

edit to add: if you feel guilt or shame...you will know "sin"...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Let me ask you a question. Which one would you follow more: the wrong interpretation of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah or what Jesus said?

But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you, so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
(Matthew 5:44-45)

AND!!!

Therefore be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.
(Luke 6:36-37)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

For what does it matter what sin they were destroyed for? The moral stands....Walk with God..or walk with destruction...

I understand that. I am not arguing with that.

The fact is that some people feel guilty about sex and that some people say that homosexuality is a sin is just wrong. No evidence of that in the Bible.

If I was a Christian (I grew up as a Christian for many years), I would say that not caring for other people is a sin. That's exactly what the people of Sodom did. To say that it was because of sex is outright lie.

I think feeling guilty about sex came from St. Augustine and then the Catholic Church.

Sex, homosexuality, heterosexuality, or otherwise is not a sin.

People who view the story of Sodom as a reason for hating homosexuality need to get past it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

You speak as if Jesus is all lovey-dovey and no conviction and judgment....

Did Jesus not also say that he came not to bring peace, but the sword?

These narrow views of our Father and the all-encompassing characteristics...they're....human.

Don't pretend for a moment that there is only love without judgment....for in that moment you will surely lose yourself.

A2D

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I feel those are all sins. If someone asks for something from me, I give it to them and offer them more. I feel that having sex out of wedlock is a shameful act... I also feel that homosexual intercourse is a shameful act. For me...these are prescribed as sin.

The Holy Spirit will convict each of us. There is no need to apply my conviction to your life, or vice versa. This is the problem of modern day church and what is prescribed as "sin". They let their tongues do the naming and not their hearts....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Don't pretend for a moment that there is only love without judgment....for in that moment you will surely lose yourself.

A2D

Humans are not capable of judging other humans, remember humans are "all" sinners if you are going by the Christian bible and the Holy Spirit that is.

Humans that judge other humans will be judged says the Holy Spirit.

Sex is never sinful, humans that cast stones at other humans are, that's what Jesus and the Holy Spirit said when the people were stoning and trying to kill that prostitute.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well not religious so the term sin is meaningless to me. But for my age i have always been a bit of a traditionalists in the sense that i like to be in a relationship for a while before indulging myself. Never had a one night stand and like to wait around 5 or 6 months if in a relationship. I really don't have a problem with folks that like that sort of lifestyle(lots of friends who enjoy it) but i think it comes with alot of negatives. Like i said im not religious, but a more conservative approach to sex would do alot of people and society some good. Not my place to judge though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join