It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Plea Bargain for the Detroit Bomber!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This might as well serve as an open invitation to all terrorists to openly set up shop in good ole America because you are no longer considered terrorists or enemy combatants by our illustrious president. You will be given the full rights of American Citizens in our highly flawed judicial system. When your trial is over we will probably just send you home anyway. Stronger and even more bitter than before!!

This is absolutely ridiculous!! Water board him and put him in a military tribunal. He'll talk eventually!!

President Obama’s chief counterterrorism adviser on Sunday defended the administration’s decision to try in federal court the man charged with attempting to bomb an airliner on Christmas Day and indicated that he would be offered a plea agreement to persuade him to reveal what he knows about al-Qaeda operations in Yemen.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the 23-year-old Nigerian charged with the failed attempt on the Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight, was initially “talking to people who detained him” but now has a public defender and “doesn’t have to,” John O. Brennan said on “Fox News Sunday.”

“We have different ways of obtaining information from individuals” in the criminal-justice process, Brennan said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “A lot of people . . . understand what they’re facing, and their lawyers recognize that there is advantage to talking to us in terms of plea agreements, [and] we’re going to pursue that.” Brennan told CNN’s “State of the Union” that other terrorism suspects have “given us very valuable information as they’ve gone through the plea-agreement process.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

This is how Obama is going to keep this nation safe from another attack!! Don't forget the milk and cookies at bed time for this S.O.B.

Chief counterterrorism adviser John Brennan states that, despite warnings from the bomber’s own father, the Administration didn’t have the “clarity” to determine Mr. Abdulmutallab was a threat. How will plea bargaining with a terrorist provide any more clarity to an administration that refuses to remove its foggy rose colored glasses?? At best, this terrorist my reveal the Colonel's secret recipe. BTW we will pick up the tab for his public defender.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have a feeling the plea bargain will entail a complete admission of guilt and that the Al Quada were 100% behind it. How can we be sure. Of course all transcripts and evidence will be suppressed. Just as in every other case.

Why would an organization claim responsibility for a failed bombing? Because it makes them look good? Or that it was a plant?

You tell me people, common sense and Occum's Razor back me up.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This simply confirms, in my mind anyway, that this was nothing more than a false flag attack designed to give the government the requisite foundation for involving Yemen in the bogus war on terror. This "Bomber" will be right back at his CIA station overseas as soon as the circus is over. What a crock!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The US govt cant be trusted to tell the truth, I dont care how evil the govt says someone is.. they are innocent until proven guilty and we should demand the govt can prove their case in the open while abiding by the rule of law.

Otherwise lets just go back to the days where based on the word of the King alone, people were banished to the gulag before being eviscerated... or openly admit we're no longer a republic, but a banana republic.

The type of power you want to bestow upon these sociopath DC mafia chronic liars... is the exact same tyranny the founding fathers violently rejected. The fruit of the boom bomber could very well be innocent and deserves every protection the american way stands for.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
The US govt cant be trusted to tell the truth, I dont care how evil the govt says someone is.. they are innocent until proven guilty and we should demand the govt can prove their case in the open while abiding by the rule of law.

Otherwise lets just go back to the days where based on the word of the King alone, people were banished to the gulag before being eviscerated... or openly admit we're no longer a republic, but a banana republic.

The type of power you want to bestow upon these sociopath DC mafia chronic liars... is the exact same tyranny the founding fathers violently rejected. The fruit of the boom bomber could very well be innocent and deserves every protection the american way stands for.

If our judicial system was not the complete disaster that it actually is, I would totally agree with you. However, our system does more to protect the rights of criminals than it does to serve justice to the victims. Sadly, criminals enjoy more privileges within our system than victims.

That being said, these terrorists are not common criminals anyway. Therefore, they should not be permitted to enter and make a mockery of our criminal justice system. They are enemy combatants and should be handled by the Military justice system. Terrorists and car thieves should not share the same system.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by GovtFlu

If our judicial system was not the complete disaster that it actually is, I would totally agree with you. However, our system does more to protect the rights of criminals than it does to serve justice to the victims. Sadly, criminals enjoy more privileges within our system than victims.

That being said, these terrorists are not common criminals anyway. Therefore, they should not be permitted to enter and make a mockery of our criminal justice system. They are enemy combatants and should be handled by the Military justice system. Terrorists and car thieves should not share the same system.

Who decided he was a terrorist? He's a person suspected of a crime on a plane that just left Amsterdam.

Allowing the govt to find someone guilty of being a terrorist is no different than allowing the King to punish people without evidence.. This dudes life has been injected into the cesspool of US politics, if its politically useful for some elitist turd to call him a terrorist.. he's a terrorist, the worst kind.

Call me crazy, but I'd kinda like these chronic lying bottom feeders, who are always shown to be wrong.. to prove with hard evidence someones deserves the allegation. Forget what the media says, that's just static... lets see what they've got in an open fair process where they are challenged by more than a subservient media lackey with more make-up than courage.

If you don't mind punishing people based on the govts word, you wouldn't have minded soviet russia.. the KGB was great at finding "those people" labeled by the govt as "bad"... eh, a dozen years in the gulag (GITMO) with no due process before being released is a small price to pay for communism.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

He's young man and just as easily as he was swayed towards extremism, he could be swayed back. This is a golden opportunity to gain information and sentencing him to death, for him, would be exactly what he wants anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Stronger and even more bitter than before!!

This is absolutely ridiculous!! Water board him and put him in a military tribunal. He'll talk eventually!!

Wait man...

You are in another thread very doubtful about one aspect of this case being hidden
or manipulated by government/s.
And then you are here basically saying try him in a manner were the truth will be hidden from the public. The tribunal will then be a place to go when government wants to side step the unsavory details or hide the full truth from the public (LIKE ACCOMPLICES being disregarded).

I don't get it, I don't get you, what's the deal?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Boy there are some real brainwahed peeps out there if you think its right not to give a peep a fair trail....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Boy there are some real brainwahed peeps out there if you think its right not to give a peep a fair trail....

Its scary how easily selectively programmable the sheep are.

People have been easily duped into accepting, based only on the word of the govt and media, suspects can be found guilty of being terrorists.. which for all intents and purposes is WORSE THAN A PRISON SENTENCE. At least long before a suspect makes it to prison they got to challenge the govt, something resembling due process with reasonable rules.. so called terrorists get tortured, indefinitely detained.. kicked around like the political footballs their lives have been reduced to.

These same people who get all patriotic bad-ass hoot'n & holler'n for someone to put a bullet in these dad-gum muslim terrorists.. are the exact same ones who crow on endlessly about how f#'n sweet american freedom is, they belch out all the nonsense they heard on TV about "answering the call", "god bless america", "fighting for our freedom" and whatever other nauseatingly stale nationalism slogan they can remember.

While at the same time failing to THINK that some of the "freedoms" they're so pumped up eager to go die for.. are being free from having the govt summarily sodomize people without evidence.

These people think the govts word is credible enough to call people terrorists and deny them rights... but I wonder what they'd think of the govts credibility when the police / fbi / fatherland security showed up & broke in to their house, then jailed them without due process or evidence?... something tells me the govts credibility wouldn't mean as much then..

All you who trust the govts word enough to torture people.. should never question the police about anything ever again, you now must assume the govt employee cops "word" should always be enough... no evidence needed.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Stronger and even more bitter than before!!

Wait man...

You are in another thread very doubtful about one aspect of this case being hidden
or manipulated by government/s.
And then you are here basically saying try him in a manner were the truth will be hidden from the public. The tribunal will then be a place to go when government wants to side step the unsavory details or hide the full truth from the public (LIKE ACCOMPLICES being disregarded).

I don't get it, I don't get you, what's the deal?

You are drawing way to many assumptions!! Intel always comes first in a case like this. It is now too late!

I have suspicions about the Dutch govt. refuting Haskells account of this suspect being accompanied and vouched for by another man without showing any video evidence to the fact. Show the video if they are so certain that Haskell is wrong.

I however have no doubt about what this suspect attempted to pull off. They should have held him as an enemy combatant. Extracted as much intel as possibe. Then I'll let you have your way with him in our criminal court system. This intel cannot be used against him in criminal court but could be used to uncover additional plots against us and much more.

The whole point of this post was that they let him lawyer up, mirandized him and let him shut his mouth to soon. This guy can plead the fifth if he wants to and he is not a US Citizen. Furthermore, he is a hot suspect with direct links to Al Qaeda. He has live intel that will never be shared until it is to late.!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join