It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Federal Marshals shot, suspect killed early Monday morning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Attacks on US law Enforcement is indeed increasing lately. Scary.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Out of couriousty whats all this dribble about Las Vegas being in a downward spiral, just want to know what all the spiral talk is about since I live in Las Vegas.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Out of couriousty whats all this dribble about Las Vegas being in a downward spiral, just want to know what all the spiral talk is about since I live in Las Vegas.

Good Question. I haven't heard anything bad about Vegas lately. Disney here in Florida is really really hurting, as is the whole tourist economy, but I would assume that Gambling, Booze, and Prostitution would be through the roof during hard times!

OHHHH, it makes since now, Vegas spent all those years trying to become "family friendly" and now they have succeeded at the worst possible time!
No wonder they are spending billions trying to undo their hard work with this "What happens in Vegas" campaign!!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Business is down and unemployment is high, but crime for the most part is at the same or lower levels than in past years. We have no more crime here than in any other US metropolitan area. as the economy recovers so will Las Vegas just like other places in the country.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just saw this story come out earlier today which may be why all the talk about LV going down. Tunnels beneath Vegas a refuge for homeless people

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

That stuff has been going on for 20 years Las Vegas is home to many Professional Homeless because of the warm climate, its nothing new nor is it news.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by willis7737
Just a quick question to clear up some personal confusion...

...if they are trying to keep this from the American public, what is there to hide?

Do they not want us to know that LV is in a downward spiral?

That attacks by the public on the gov't are happening?

Or are they simply trying to not misreport what is happening?

Not trying to call anyone out, I'm just curious as to what they would be trying to cover up...

Vegas is not in any spiral as far as the public is concerned, anyway.

Despite current reports this all began inside the federal building, so how was the suspect (s) able to get passed security?

It doesn't really matter now, it is a federal issue and they have control of the situation, including whatever the media is or isn't reporting.

A question that has no answer, nor ever will in this case...

What better ways do they have to silence witnesses involved in an internal investigation who know too much and were about to "talk"?

It is best to accept the media reports and move along.

Nothing to see here, just a random act of violence, some whacked out crackhead on a rampage, or whatever they can come up with.

It's all good now.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Despite current reports this all began inside the federal building, so how was the suspect (s) able to get passed security?

I have carried a gun into a Federal Building before. It was totally by accident, and I panicked when I realized it and started wondering how I was going to get out of the building, but luckily I was able to leave the building through a door with no scanner. (On a side note, my mother carried a gun onto a plane in her purse not too long ago! That was an oversight as well, but a very dangerous one had she gotten searched again!!)

If someone wanted to get a gun into a building, it would only take a couple of set up visits to learn the routine and get to know the guards. Then it takes a small distraction at the door.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have an update for you guys on this story. I was flipping through the channels and found this story on the news.

They said one officer died and the other will live.

They released the names of the living officer who was shot but not the one who was killed. They also gave the shooters name (forgot both names) and gave an explanation why he got in the shoot-out.

They said he was angry about losing his social security benefits and losing the lawsuit he had to get them back. The man was 65 years old.

Edit to add: This kinda makes me think how violent people may become when they realize they have been stripped of their benefits after putting in the time to gain those benefits. If our economy stays in the condition it is in or worsens I think more actions like this mans will be taken.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
On ABC's news tonight they were funny.

They said the metal detectors didn't go off because he opened fire before he got to the detectors. And mentioned that there was space between the door and the detectors.

As if magically the detector going beep beep would somehow disable the gun or make it disappear? Everything would have been alright if only the detector was closer to the door. Right, then it would have just been going beep beep while he shot up the place.

I shouldn't be surprised they presented it that way. After all according to the same type of people it should have been impossible for this to happen at all because the court house is a "gun free" zone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I been in the new courthouse a few times(dont ask). Its a pretty new courthouse...but as soon asyou walk into the door, about 30 feet away or so there are scanners. You are required to take off yourbelt, everything in your clothing, and subject to scans. I highly doubt that this guy made it passed that point.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So he was mad about losing SS benefits.
And he goes and shoots at law officers.
Too bad he didn't put his bullets in a place where they would count.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Check out the pic of the downed gunman here--

media.lvrj.com...

Note the man in military camis and cover standing over the dead man, talking on his cell phone--

''Yessir, the patsy is down.  Understood, commence clean-up phase.''

--------------

In the new movie '''Sherlock Holmes,'' the main villain--'Lord Blackwood'--is seen wearing a black trenchcoat throughout.  Now we have a black man, wearing a black trenchcoat, presented as the perp.  The made-by-Hollywood connection/conditioning is obvious. 

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Note the man in military camis and cover standing over the dead man, talking on his cell phone--

''Yessir, the patsy is down.  Understood, commence clean-up phase.''

What? Is that real? Maybe he said "the pansy is down"

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Authorities say a gunman shot dead in a gunbattle after killing a courthouse security guard and wounding a federal marshal in Las Vegas had a "lengthy" criminal history in Tennessee and California.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Kevin Favreau said Tuesday that 66-year-old Johnny Lee Wicks faced murder charges in Memphis, Tenn., in the mid-1970s, and sex assault charges in Sacramento, Calif., in the late 1980s.

How convenient. He was a BAD man looking for confrontation and trouble, I mean with a record like this he was bound to be involved in something like this sooner or later... Right?

Call me Kevin, lets talk!

You should have taken care of this before it reached the grand jury.

The FBI and local police say Wicks torched his apartment and walked three miles to the courthouse before opening fire Monday morning, killing 72-year-old security officer Stanley Cooper.

You mean Wicks apartment was torched to make sure no evidence could be recovered after the "hit" job on an important witness involved in a federal grand jury investigation.

Nice work... Nearly flawless.

Nearly!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter but the above linked story has been rewritten several times since the above post, 5 original paragraphs are now much more, and on several pages.

I've been watching.... Much more "facts" and information added, and a few changes made from the original above report when I posted. Quite a compelling story they've created now.

Still, it doesn't change the truth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join