It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Federal Marshals shot, suspect killed early Monday morning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

2 Federal Marshals shot, suspect killed early Monday morning

www.ktnv.com

LAS VEGAS, NV - 2 Federal marshals shot, suspect killed.

Two federal marshals were shot and a gunman was apprehended after gunfire broke out in the lobby of a federal courthouse in downtown Las Vegas.

We've learned the gunman was shot and killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A witness, interviewed on the local channel, says that there were four gunmen. There have only been reports of one gunman. Apparently, at the same time, a bank robbery was happening across the street.

On the local news we are watching swat teams go into the federal building to search floor by floor.

www.ktnv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Things are unraveling in Vegas.

The real story will remain unknown. Just have to clean up the mess, get the public stories all on the same page and close down the whole thing.

Damned shame when drug related crimes happen inside federal buildings... Ain't it?

Thugs and gang members wear badges too!

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My friend and I can't use our cellphones. The message comes up "Cannot connect, too many lines" We use different carriers also. Coincidence?

Harry Reid and John Ensign both have offices there. I think they've fully evacuated now.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Las Vegas Sun

According to the LV Sun the officers condition is not known at this time.

I wonder when they will release his name. I want to see if we can find a motive for it.

I hope these officers recover.

More bad publicity for Las Vegas. They are still going down the tube and this surely will not help.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Any updates???
Did someone try to break out OJ?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow, there sure isn't much out there about this? Does anyone have any idea if there was a target or a motive in this shooting?

I am sure the cell phone thing is due to overuse. I get that message daily at 5 o'clock if I am near downtown Tallahassee. My cell phone company doesn't seem to care about my daily complaints!

Keep us posted as the story unfolds!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First it was widely reported that 2 feds were shot and killed, and that one suspect was shot in the head.

Now, feds were wounded and a suspect in custody.

You do the math.

The clean up is well underway.

They also locked down a school and evacuated buildings... But perhaps that will also be made into an unrelated coincidence.

By the end of the day with any luck they can completely turn this into a non-event!

The truth would scare too many people.

Please call in INTERPOL immediately!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

That was not funny!!

Well, yes it was

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I just found this cell phone video on youtube. You can clearly hear dozens of gunshots.

I don't know if that building in the background is the courthouse or not.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
CNN just reported that the Court Security Officer who was shot has died.

keeping with the updates.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel
My friend and I can't use our cellphones. The message comes up "Cannot connect, too many lines" We use different carriers also. Coincidence?

This guy's cell phone worked well enough to capture the sounds of the gun battle.

Then again, maybe they were trying to limit this kind of public communication until they had control of the situation?

If this youtube video becomes unavailable that would make it even more interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

CNN just showed this video...he seemed awfully calm to be that close to gun shots.

even making the joke that its a rough day for jury duty.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How long has it been since the shooting of the 4 officers in Wash.??? Just a couple weeks? Then just a week or 2 after that, 2 more were shot again. Now this.... seems to be happening rather frequently now.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's not just the guy filming that seems calm but all the people waiting at the light, calmly walking from the buildings, crossing the street. No one is running, screaming or panicking.

Man, I hear a car backfire in my neighborhood and I'm face down on the carpet.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just a quick question to clear up some personal confusion...

...if they are trying to keep this from the American public, what is there to hide?

Do they not want us to know that LV is in a downward spiral?

That attacks by the public on the gov't are happening?

Or are they simply trying to not misreport what is happening?

Not trying to call anyone out, I'm just curious as to what they would be trying to cover up...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You guys are not supposed to be paying any attention to this event. You are supposed to be watching news about the new tallest building that was just opened. Get with the programing people. Oh and don't even think about the new tallest building is alraedy in default on its loans.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

I don't really think it's an all out coverup, if there is one at all.

I think that it is an ongoing investigation. They don't want to release names yet. They don't want to release "facts". And despite our "need" to know all of this info, it won't hurt us to give them the benefit and tell us what happened when they figure it out.

Yea, we may have a cover up on our hands...but it could also be a crazy.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Cool cool, thats what I figured.

Truly surreal events nonetheless.

Yeah, shootings happen all the time,

but how often does it happen in a federal courthouse? (even if it is LV)

I wonder if accounts like this will rise in number in the ensuing months as our country
continues to deteriorate.

Hope not.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

Situations similar to this will probably happen more, not shootings, but disgruntled citizens causing scenes...it will make the local news more often then the national.

But yea...it is kind of odd that the MSM isn't camped out...they are spending more time on the Dubi skyscraper then a real news story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join