It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's ideas no longer fringe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Try thoroughly observing the facial and body language when Ron Paul speaks. Carefully study his friendly eyes and subtle smiles. Beyond the wise philosophy, this is an EXTREMELY EMPATHETIC man.

We are entering an age in which the lines between empathy and indifference are becoming clearer and clearer.

I side with the EMPATHS.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul.

He's no Angle though I could have heard him claim.....

"I Stand Alone"

That's what mattered.

That's all it takes to get 'noticed'.

To Be is to Sea as to See is to Be.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've been supporting Ron Paul for a while but I don't see him running in 2012. I do see a gentleman by the name of Gary Johnson from New Mexico running though. Similar platform, if you like RP check out GJ. Gary Johnson for America

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

"As a Brit I envy the fact that you have a politician who isn't afraid to speak out against the money spinners and speak sense about the economic 'crisis'. We certainly don't,..."

Daniel Hannan seems like a good one. Do you know of him?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul would be a good president but i think he would have some trouble convincing the masses to support some his ideas. If Ron Paul won he would try to make changes fast, which although of course I beleive is a good idea, I just dont know how the general public would react.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul for President....of Texas.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ron Paul is by the least honest enough to get down to what he believes in. However aside from that I do believe his presidency will be disaster for america. Maybe because much of his policies and voting histories conflict with my own views of where the problem with america lies, but thats just where I stand.

SG

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by exlibertateveritas
I've been supporting Ron Paul for a while but I don't see him running in 2012. I do see a gentleman by the name of Gary Johnson from New Mexico running though. Similar platform, if you like RP check out GJ. Gary Johnson for America

Enough of this "if you like the RP party vote this guiy or the DP vote that guy" they have both proven to be nothing more than two different tribes of Jackyl's after the same piece of meat........our constitution. I vote that in these pivotal moments in American history, where we are not burned down to ground level, but burned several levels beyond sea level that we start a new government called the Patriot Party and let those like Ron Paul lead it to where it once was. Learn from history this time and set even stricter policies to protect freedom from tyranny. Let patriot mean patriot not like the Patriot Act that 'calls' itself patriot yet destroys our freedoms. Basically have a system where there are a few keyholders (descision makers) and nothing gets done without the keys. All votes checked by the keyholders and no subsidized campaigns...all votes based on merit and deeds as opposed to campaign money. The government would pay for all routes and transits on a campaign trail and basically pay for the tour of the hopeful presidents 'to be' while they campaigned on a predetermined stage in strategic states in the U.S. All states NOT visited will have a special channel where the hopefuls will address that particular state with their ideas and merits and credentials. All pesidential 'hopefuls' would have the same amount of money alloted to their campaign and would all visit all of the same states and pitch to the same channels, thus giving the country what they deserve when voting ...an equal campaign from all parties...not one based on who was funded the most or who has the most cash available by subsidization of a corrupt company or official witha particular agenda.We would start by retiring all of the 'same faces' that we see year after year that we get forced down our throats and tricked into voting on one of the lesser evils. They will all be retired and this Monarchal system that we have been tricked and lied to into believing that is a Democracy would be stripped and true Democracy would be put in place by a member of the Patriot Party and the a few 'wise men' with the appropriate keys. The 'keyholders or wisemen' would have different spheres of influence, so as to see things from a different point of view and create a whole picture as to how a new vote for a bill would be passed thus tweaking it for perfection to enhance freedom for the masses. These descisions would be based on controlled votes by 'paid' government figures versed in organizational skills and not volunteers who are prone to mistakes. The voting machines would be counted by appointees of the 'wisemen' and not siblings of presidents or political affiliates of any kind, indeed, they would be hired because of no political affiliation at all, so as to not be biased. Yet they would have all collegiate credentials and merit to perform the task. One sphere of influence of the 'wise men' would be Law (but not a corrupt lawyer, just a well versed knowledge of law) one would be Religeon (no particular religeon but a peacekeeper of all religeons) one would be political (well versed, again, but not an active politician thus separating himself from the droves of party members) One Medical (for healthcare - a system where people pay for healthcare with a standard tax but have full control over their own plans. Not socialized where they have no choice.) There will be media but it will NOT be controlled by the government in charge. There will be a 'wiseman' to keep that straight as well. The people would have a truly free media and say what they will, but strong content will have it's on special places on the television and a keycard that can be obtained at the age of 18 to swipe and unlock the channels. This would not, of course, be perfect, but would control a vast majority of violence that children view as it would be against the law for an adult to let a child use his or her card to unlock violent or sexually explicit channels. This would ensure that parents had full control over what their children watched if all programs were filtered before they even entered the house and the appropriate channels locked mandantorily. There are many more ideas I have for a better government and cannot be summed up in one forum entry.Not by any means but I think we can all agree that we should get rid of the Monarchy of bloodlines that we have now and just start over. I bet you are wondering who would control the wisemen, with their seemingly unlimited power huh? Well, that's easy It would be ME! YOUR NEW DICTATOR BWAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding, They would have to report to the American People appointed President and there would be checks and balances between them all and all of the chosen wisemen (Chosen by proven merit and deed, experience and of course, a clean record of proof prosperity and equality for the nation) shall have nearly the same powers as the President but the President would have the last word, as he is chosen by the people. The 'wisemen' would all have the exact same power and no one over the other. First, America should retire all of the same liars and 'honest face with bright, trusting smiles and the devils heart beating within their chests' (you know the ones I speak of, how could you not, they are the only ones we ever see on television), and just start anew. Anything I missed in this short forum entry would have to be taken care of also by applying patches to exploits learned from historys past.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'd vote for Kucinich before I'd vote for Ron Paul but if he made Kucinich his VP then I'd be interested. The two would balance each other out quite well.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sephirah
reply to post by Polynomial C

The fact that Ron Paul was systematically ridiculed by ALL media including Fox was evidence enough for me that he had something very interesting to say that TPTB did not like at all. When he won all the preliminary debates and Fox and CNN chalked it up to his "wierdo Internet fan base" voting over and over again, I grinned to see a man who clearly threatened the current social system I have come to loathe. I like his views and I like that he isn't afraid to be the wierdo of politicians. He wants to quit bottle feeding America and putting more responsibilities in the hands of individuals. I understand liberals are very uncomfortable with that because liberals do not believe they should be responsible for anything.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If Ron Paul would have been on the Ballot for 2008 I would have voted for him! I urge you guys to go out and buy his books!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hey DD, good thread amigo thanks for the link to the article. It is great to see that people are FINALLY coming around to the reasoning of Dr. Paul. Better late than never I guess. Hopefully there is still time to halt what has been set in motion. The FED must be exposed and dismantled. This boom bust system is a creation founded on corruption.

I found this to be an interesting excerpt from the article. A typical summation from a mainstream paper. Play along and then throw in a negative at the end.

Selgin and many mainstream economists agree that pumping too much money into the economy can lead to trouble, but they say Paul goes too far. In the 1930s, say Selgin and many other economists, including Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, the U.S. economy began pulling out of the Depression thanks to federal easing of monetary policy. The economy tipped back into depression after the reins were tightened too soon. "In this aspect of the monetary system, he's just blown it," Selgin said of Paul.

I am feeling ModernAcademia's post, completely agree with Sephirah's awesome post and also JayinAR's opinions.

I also think Phenomium hit the nail on the head with his(?) post.

"Pretty much they are pissing on our backs and telling us it's raining."

Imagine Ron Paul as President and Dennis Kucinich as VP, that would be epic!!!

Keep up the good fight my friends, they will stop at nothing to get what they want, the war is far from over. Stay strong, keep it real and enjoy the journey. Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by howie82788
If Ron Paul would have been on the Ballot for 2008 I would have voted for him! I urge you guys to go out and buy his books!

Paper Ballots my friend - write him in! The founding fathers didn't have a revolution because it was convenient, no?

I have met Ron Paul before. Hes the real deal. He didn't have CIA and secret police riding his coattails the whole time. Just one local police officer.

Ron Paul is the answer to real change. Some of his ideas MAY sound a bit large but where have small ideas been getting us?

Its getting to the point where you can wait and see who the MSM demonizes, and then vote for them. I honestly think this would almost work. (Not the reason I voted for Ron Paul)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The only thing that stands between us and complete marshal like-opression is the people who heed Dr. Pauls warnings! What will we do when the super-flu comes and the people of America have no choice but to take the vaccinations that are supercharged with the super-flu itself!

We need to irradicate these threats before its too late, people arent calling him a 'Conspiracy therorist' anymore!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join