It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Gives Foreign Cops Power Over Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

What do they have? Besides central databases tracking international crimes and criminals....they have LOCAL POLICE in each nation that are assigned as Interpol Liasons.

I do not like the police, this stems back from childhood and bring your parent to school day.

The fireman would always give really great little plastic red hats, while the police would give you nothing!

I am in favor of an international fire fighting force especially if they have cool plastic hats to give away with the local insurance company's agent name and number on them.

Over the years I have tried to get the police to be generous but at best you can hope for is a watered down styrofoam cup of fruit punch and a tuna fish sandwich with hardly any mayonaise.

I hope I have illustrated the problem better for you now, thanks!

[edit on 4/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is truly frightening.

As a member of Interpol, I'm sure that U.S. authorities, both federal and local, can access Interpol documents.

This means that Interpol can operate outside the constraints of whatever is left of our Constitution, gathering info.

Then U.S authorities could access this info, thereby completely circumventing the Constitution.

Scary.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not much of the Constitution is left unfortunately thanks to the last few presidents and Obama. Moving to a different country looks better everyday except for the full body scans. Creepy

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This has got to be the second most asinine thing ever, right after using the military to police citizens. I'm amazed at what people think applies to them anymore. The Sovereign Citizens are soon returning.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see a foreign police force try to police the streets of America. I can guarantee you we'd be sending them back home in body bags. There's a lot of fear-mongering and poison in the system these days, people are scared. But make no mistake about it, it would be open street warfare if foreign police or military ever stepped on American soil. I would be one of the first to pick up an AK and start sending them back to where they came from. And I say that as a whiny leftist peace-monger. Imagine how the right-wing rednecks would react.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm sure this information will be ignored so that everyone can continue to run around screaming that the sky is falling but I'll post it anyway:

INTERPOL does NOT have a police force:

Contrary to its portrayal in some movies, Interpol has no police force that conducts investigations and makes arrests. Rather, it serves its 188 member countries by working as a clearinghouse for police departments in different nations to share law enforcement information — like files on wanted criminals and terrorists, stolen cars and passports, and notices that a law enforcement agency has issued an arrest warrant for a fugitive.

Source: New York Times

Further, the Executive order does not grant INTERPOL the abilty to operate with impunity in the US. Any action by INTERPOL would be carried out by the US Justice Dept. after review by Fed. Officials.

In the United States, a bureau at the Justice Department staffed by American officials transmits information between law enforcement agencies and Interpol. If a foreign country issues an arrest warrant for a person inside the United States, it is up to the United States government, based on its own laws, to decide whether to apprehend the suspect.

A spokesperson for INTERPOL confirms:

“We don’t send officers into the field to arrest people; we don’t have agents that go investigate crimes,” said Rachel Billington, an Interpol spokeswoman. “This is always done by the national police in the member country under their national laws.”

But just ignore this and continue with the paranoia...

Happy new year!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Honestly...are you being intentionally dim witted? Pretending that facts do not exist? All for the sake of being able to accuse the POTUS of treason yada yada?

Interpol does not have a police force per se.

Each member nation assigns various members of their own law enforcement as Interpol Liaisons and when those rare occasions occur when let's say...Italy thinks a human trafficker has fled to Washington DC...the Italian police call Interpol...Interpol calls the Washington DC FBI and DC FBI says...okay who is our Interpol Liaison...some agent that has been doing other things says...that's me...and then that agent looks for the fugitive and works with Interpol.

NO FORIEGN POLICE FORCE...You get that right?

This isn't my opinion it is fact...I cited informational sources in my last post on the previous page, anyone that knows anything about Interpol knows this...

yet you keep spouting fringe rhetoric and blogs about a foriegn police force on our soil from people that are counting on you to be too dumb to research whether Interpol has an actual police force and you oblige them by not actually looking into it at all and ingonring plain facts...all so you can rail into the POTUS....what is wrong with you.... seriously.

You'd rather be stupid than wrong?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Alright, time for a strawman.

Since none of you have any idea that things are not always as they seem.

Let us say a FBI agent is informed by Interpol that their is a Major Terrorist at say 1253 Sedgewick Ave Pittsburgh. So a raid is set up and they go in. People are normal folk and some injuries occur and the place is torn up looking for the suspect.

Now, come to find out that Interpol had screwed up and sent them to the wrong place. It was supposed to be 1253 Sedgewick St Pittsburgh.

No harm-oh wait, there was harm?

No foul?

You know things like this will happen. You know stuff like this will be done on purpose.

BECAUSE NOW, they have immunity. Those damn Interpol guys screwed up.

How about wire taps, well Interpol did it.

How about anything. Sometimes the smartest people are not too bright.

See that tree, its in the middle of that there FOREST YOU CANNOT SEE!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Since the 1980's NOT ONE CASE of what you are describing involving the INTERPOL has happen ... NOT ONE ...

But please.. continue ignoring the facts .. that is very healthy ..

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
oh well, it is what it is. Griping about it won't change anything, remember? Obama is the Devil and we can't stop the Devil from doing what The Devil wants to do.

I have nothing to hide. I have nothing to fear. If they catch a terrorist that was going to set off a nuclear bomb near my home because of a policy change, then im all for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think what is most important here, is the actual wording of the amendment; It is true that Interpol relies on the local law enforcement to execute any warrant issued by another member country, however ModernAcedemia does also make a very good point here. The wording will and does allow foreign law enforcement in the future to have immunity and to execute warrants and searches based on a International Law and agreement by an International enforcement agency.

There are valid points on both sides of the debate here, neither are off-topic, more based upon the perspective of what is current reality and what is the possibilities that can arise from the exact wording, the wording of an amendment has been proven in the past to be the weak link allowing interpretation that was never originally intended.

This IMO is something that should be scrutinized and watched very carefully. I thank the OP for finding and bringing this to our attention, for it can have undesirable effects in the near future dependent upon the global scene.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sounds to me pretty much like how US forces act around the world. It's only fair that we can come to your land and abuse, torture, kidnap, sell and incarcerate innocent people. The world would be very one-sided if it were otherwise.

There are so many Americans who would defend America's position if they had active police personnel in other countries. I can hear all the republicans...I don't give a damn about anywhere other than America. If we have to go in to other countries and break laws to protect America then so be it. Well what's good for the goose...

I think the rest of the world needs a much greater police and military presence on US soil for the protection of everyone else. I mean the US is a rogue terror sponsoring state by any level playing field criteria.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
America enjoys policing in certain troubled sectors world wide. The FBI & CIA operate on a world stage, Tapping communications of others out of their supposed jurisdiction, You'd think aways. As well as arresting people on a world wide stage. Although it's through multi national cooperations and treaties. It's high time Americans felt the effects that others have for decades. Fair is only fair, It's in the Constitution in the attached Amendments of the Bill of Rights that of Equilibrium/Balance among peers? Welcome the venom not the poison that was wrote for you many years ago. Designed to numb the victims not kill them.

Btw the CIA is now known as the National Clandestine Service and can operate on US soil just as the NSA & FBI does. Via the Patriot Act provisions. Welcome to the new millennium. Interpol will report to the National Clandestine Service americas new mi5! This is documented proof.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Alright, time for a strawman.

You mean time for BS right?

Now that the fact that Interpol doesn't actually have a police force has come to light not sure where to go with it...right?

You see in order for all of this BS to work there needs to actually be a Foriegn Police Force on American Soil....or people have to be so interested in any excuse to hate on the POTUS that they are willing to say the sun rises in the west.

Time for BS, but whatever you do...don't acknowledge the facts...pretend they don't exist and just muddy the waters as much as possbile and then run quitely to another Obama is Satan/Kenyan/Gay/Traitor/Terrorist thread...just push silly facts out of your head, they get in the way.

Time to BS!!!

Originally posted by endisnighe
Sometimes the smartest people are not too bright.

Wow that sounds like it should be true!
Let me try...the dumbest people are actually dumb.

hmmmm

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You know, it's funny. I come upon this thread which is posted on the main page RIGHT beside the post talking about how talk of a revolution is indecent on ATS. Well wake up people a revolution is coming and it may not be started by you or me or the next guy, but I'm quite positive (and history flawlessly reflects this point) that so much horribleness is building up so fast that it is only a matter of time before some group or resistance stands up and declares that they have had enough. It is stated within the constitution that we have the power to do this and it is inevitable that someone somewhere will execute that right eventually and I do believe it will be within most of our lifetimes.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Agree with you, and a very good decision from BO.
And why should Americans have perks?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm deleted my post because I just don't believe this BS.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Interpol's historical record of investigation and prosecution are a moot point.

This directive effectively lays aside the law of the land, the Constitution (not that it is being followed any way... just sayin'), and supersedes it with international law.

This is a devastating precedent to the destruction of sovereignty and sets a stage for future infringements.

Anyone can now be made an "Interpol Agent" at the whim of some "officials" at the UN and trample freely over the American peoples' rights.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Project2501

Haha so True. I don t know why some Americans think they are invade by the EU from within where it is well known in Europe that our Europeans leaders are almost all CIA and MI5 puppets.Wake up America , the evil is never outside but inside.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

President Gives Foreign Cops Power Over Americans

Power?

If You say so?

I don't.

Do you have a Choice?

If you say so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join