It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Monsters....Need your help!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathTribble
reply to post by noconsequence

Also, there is nothing unusual here accept so far as it is interfering with this child's happiness. This is not a case where he needs psychotropics, what he seems to need is help communicating the experience and learning to understand what may be happening (whatever that may end up being). I certainly don't deny the fact that he could be seeing something otherworldly and outside "objective" reality, which is why many of my suggestions included classic spiritual responses (sage, house blessings, etc). My personal bias is to systemically go through all the more obvious, "real world" (for lack of a better term) possibilities, before opening the door to more esoteric ones. Esp. as I know for a fact that at least in my case, many things I interpreted as a monsters/ghosts were misinterpreted reality.

Once again your wisdom works wonders, DeathTribble!

I don't want to deny the possibility of 'unusual' explanations for this problem (seeing real spirits, aliens, etc), but I do believe we should eliminate any normal explanations first.

New Update: We've used teh monster spray for 3 nights now. He does seem to enjoy spraying the whole house (I've GOT to find another scent soon, getting so sick of floral). He's started to say his little chant more (Monsters, listen up! You can't come and scare me, because I won't let you! My mommy and daddy will keep me safe. So monsters, leave me alone!) and I think its helping. But he stills comes into our room at night, although last night he wasn't screaming or crying. So progress, perhaps?

Had a thought about a possible 'monster'....can't believe I didn't think of it before. We have two cats who stay indoors, and I know they tend to get a little rowdy sometimes. Perhaps he's hearing them running through the house? I talked to him about this; we sat in the room while the cats played and listened to the noises. Hopefully this will help him identify the sounds if he hears them again at night.

Still doesn't explain the 2:00 wake up for the whole family (yes, we all wake up at the same time). We plan to stay up late this weekend and see if we can figure it out.....

Thanks everyone for the insight, suggestions, and wonderful advice!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

And thanks for the reply and the advice. I've talked to my son about religon, but I'm not sure how much he 'gets' since he's only 3...

Well-It's just that I believe that many children do encounter spiritual activity, and that it serves to demonstrate to them that, "there is more".

Still I am not making assumptions as to what is occurring; however I clearly have many memories along those lines. The obvious, "right move" for me to make was what I mentioned earlier..

And as far as religion goes, I mean more of a family that is so noble that the Heavenly group is a kingdom, and kingdom that's so loving that they are a family..

It's a true story about a man that saved my eternal soul thingy.
Keep up that hard work..

[edit on 7-1-2010 by noconsequence]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathTribble

My personal bias is to systemically go through all the more obvious, "real world" (for lack of a better term) possibilities, before opening the door to more esoteric ones. Esp. as I know for a fact that at least in my case, many things I interpreted as a monsters/ghosts were misinterpreted reality.

Of course. I am just saying that sometimes it does happen. One night something woke me up and I knew I had to get to my childs room NOW!

At that same time I heard his little feet hit the floor and as I was rushing to meet him, something else did in the hall. He screamed in horror as I got there to watch a very real entity darting away from less than a foot away from his face.

It took a long time to calm my child down. We both had seen the same thing, and I knew it was real.. He said it had red eyes.

Just felt the need to address the idea that all therapists just want to drug everybody they meet. Not even close to the truth, although w/ all therapists, your millage may vary.

To be honest I would say it is not, "that far" from the truth.. I believe that the obvious love that this mother has for her child will guide him much more clearly than, " intervention" from outsiders.

Shopping for the right therapeutic fit is critical in making the process work.

I believe the risk of many counselors, "indoctrination", is greater than the risk of a loving mothers' judgment.

& thanX for your earlier response OP.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nevermind, didn't read the whole thread.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

When I little about 2 and a half or 3 I remember being at my grandmas and being in the bedrrom asleep and I woke up and a man walked in my room and then walked out. I started screaming for my mom or grandma to come. I was upstairs in the bedroom and my grandma came up and I said grandma a man was in my room. She said there could not have been because they were sitting right down by the stairs to go up and no one went up the stairs.
I am now 47 years old, I have never seen a ghost, UFO or anything of the like. But I do remember that incident when I was little.
So, maybe kids see things we can`t see and who are we to dismiss it.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Iamherefornow]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by noconsequence

Well-It's just that I believe that many children do encounter spiritual activity, and that it serves to demonstrate to them that, "there is more".

And as far as religion goes, I mean more of a family that is so noble that the Heavenly group is a kingdom, and kingdom that's so loving that they are a family..

Ahh....got you now. Yes, I agree with you. There is nothing as reassuring to anyone, be it child or adult, as parents who genuinely love each other and have a spiritual relationship. I was (and still am, they are still here) lucky enough to have two parents who were devoted to each other, family, and church. What a wonderful way to grow up!

You mentioned that there are real entities. I tend to agree with you, although I've never seen one, per se.... but I'm not sure that's the case here. It could be, of course. Which is why we no longer tell him monsters don't exist (as someone earlier pointed out) but that he shouldn't fear them. I know many people would disagree, say that the unknown is potentially dangerous, but when you are dealing with a very young child they tend to think in absolutes. So will stick with the 'wont' hurt you' line for now.

Thanks for your lovely response! Star for you!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow

When I little about 2 and a half or 3 I remember being at my grandmas and being in the bedrrom asleep and I woke up and a man walked in my room and then walked out. I started screaming for my mom or grandma to come. I was upstairs in the bedroom and my grandma came up and I said grandma a man was in my room. She said there could not have been because they were sitting right down by the stairs to go up and no one went up the stairs.
I am now 47 years old, I have never seen a ghost, UFO or anything of the like. But I do remember that incident when I was little.
So, maybe kids see things we can`t see and who are we to dismiss it.

How terrifying! Yes, we are trying not to dismiss his fears out of hand. Whether there are 'real' monsters he is seeing or figments of his imagination, they are real to him. So we want to reassure him that he can deal with the fear, not just say the fear is invalid.

thanks for you r post!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Youtube of how to handle monsters

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Thanks for the video.....I really enjoyed it! Quite amusing!
Keep smiling

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm leaning toward it being the cat idea myself. Lol. Still got plenty of floral monster spray?

I believe one of the reasons that I have had plenty of encounters is that spiritual, "movement" used to be my specialty; so I believe that is what drew in the entities.

I have learned that His love in me, allready knows, and is victorious over all negative entities..

Sincerest wishes smyleegrl..

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I love so many of the suggestions you've gotten!

To address another side of your concerns, I remembered as I read your OP a series of articles on "co-sleeping" that I saw in the NYTimes health section a couple years ago.

Here's a link to one:

Well Column on Co-sleeping

Basically, Tara Parker-Pope (a writer/blogger for the Times) did a number of columns on parents' concerns about whether or not it was OK to let their kids sleep with them. There's nothing definitive in there (my guess is that this is one of the many questions where there is no one answer -- it depends on the parents, the kid, and the overall family dynamics). But you might be interested in reading some of them anyway

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Don't tell your kid monsters don't exist, but rather show him there aren't any in his room...best bet for this is to get a camera and leave it in his room without his knowledge. for all you know he could be getting abducted by aliens each night and he thinks of them as monsters. anyway leave the camera in his room and record everynight for about a week. Watch the videos with your husband and if there isn't anything on them then show them to your child. If there is something messed up on them either get a gun or call an exorcist

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
When I was young, about 6 years old or so, I remember an incident like it was yesterday. I was sleeping with my parents in the same bed of a hotel. In the middle of the night, I woke up and I heard some strange carpet-scuffing fast footstep sounds. I sat up halfway and I saw a small being, approximately 4 feet tall with a big head walk from the room hallway to the front of the bed. The being went to the right side of the bed where my mom was sleeping. I was right next to her on the left and I noticed the being staring at me and then it made the bedroom lamp kind of morph and do some strange things.

I was utterly terrified and I tried to wake up my mom.. I whispered to her, "Mom! Mom! do you see it? Can you see it? It's right there, what is that!?" Before she woke up, the lamp stopped morphing but the being was still standing there. I don't think my mom actually woke up but she claims that she did and didn't see anything. I believe she was half-asleep or was still unable to see anything. I had that piercing agony kind of fear as the being and I made contact for what seemed like a long long time. The being then scurried to the front of the bed and then made its way to the doorway. I sat up a little more to see what it was doing and it stopped at the open door where it stared at the object that Jewish people place on the doorposts. I saw that it reacted in a strange way to it and left.

I definitely saw something that night. I've always had very strange "monster" encounters since I was younger though. It is very possible that most adults tend to lose their ability to perceive these phenomena or experience them at a minute rate compared to children. We tend to become rigid and tune our perceptions to be narrow to conform with consensus reality.

I just wanted to also say that Sage is excellent. Diverse cultures worldwide have used them throughout time to cleanse negative energies and ward away regressive entities.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Reptilian Ph.D]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian Ph.D

Okay, that story gave me chills. Any thoughts on the origin of the creature? Alien, do you think?

Update on the monster issue: My house was starting to smell like a funeral parlor so we nixed the floral spray and went with sage. It does smell nicer, and he seems convinced it helps. I've slept in his room a couple of times and didn't see/sense/experience anything I would consider out of the ordinary. Not that it necessarily means a thing, of course.

He still begs to sleep with us at night and seems very clingy a lot during the day. I'm wondering if he could possibly be going through some sort of attatchment phase, so to reassure him we are letting him sleep with us for now. He seems much calmer since we started this. Hopefully we aren't warping him for life....

And we just bought a new house, looking to move around the end of February (I'm so excited! It has closets! I haven't had a closet in 6 years!!!!!). It will be interesting to see if the monsters follow us to the new house. He does like the new house, btw.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you and your family, Smiley. Please know that my prayer is added to the rest for your safety, peace, and for wisdom about what is going on.

Only one thing to add: it is not what the child understands of your spirituality, it's what YOU do spiritually that is most important here.

God made you the parents of this precious one, so He will equip you for each situation that arises, just as you are reaching out for help now because of your obvious love and commitment to your son.

People are reaching back. I have received help from Him through people before, and I see that happening here with you. My hat is off, as always, to the heroes of ATS, doing all they can to help, and offering sympathy and support. There IS safety in numbers, spiritually as well as physically.

Just look at all the excellent experiences and wisdom shown through this thread! Even though this is a serious situation, I cannot refrain from commending you all for your concern and efforts to help this family.

People like you make the world a better place. Yes, I said it and I mean it!

But back to Smiley: please consider the power of your prayers, as the female head of the family. God grants authority to parents so that they can accomplish good things with their children, i.e. teaching them effectively how to survive and thrive in the culture where they live, helping them cope with difficulties in a positive manner, taking personal responsibility, emotionally balanced thinking, you know, all that.

So use it, my dear. The name of Jesus is like a club to the face of the forces of darkness. He has already overcome them, and when they hear it, it seems to be instantaneous that the gig is up, no matter what they are posing as.

I bend my knee to God for you, and based on my personal experiences and in line with the Bible, He never fails. Please keep us updated. *hugs*

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have no clue.. Sometimes I think it could have been some kind of alien hyperspace being and sometimes I think it could have been a dwarf-like entity. All I know is that events like these are what have kept me a relatively open minded person. There's just so much out there that continuously defies our current meager grasp on reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join