It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we dislike Fanatical Muslims here in Britain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Below is a story about one of those hate preachers living in England (in a big house worth £350,000 paid for by the tax payer coz he's getting benefits)....

This is not a racist thread either, just what needs to be read by those people on this site who wonder why we hate these Fanatics and don't want them here.... it's scandalous really and the UK Government should have kicked him out long ago with the rest of them......

STORY:

HATE preacher Anjem Choudary has sparked new outrage - by telling the parents of British troops killed in Afghanistan that their children died in vain.
The fanatic is sending letters to the families of fallen heroes urging them to become Muslims "to save yourselves from the hellfire".

The British born fanatic admitted he is a traitor in an interview with the Sun today.

The wild eyed preacher tried to defend his sick campaign for an anti-war march through Wooton Bassett - famed for honouring Britain's war dead.

Today Choudary was slammed by Downing Street who said any protest march that offended families of dead soldiers would be considered "completely inappropriate" by Gordon Brown.

The preacher appeared on Sun Talk - our internet radio station - this morning and was grilled by Jon Gaunt who put it to him that the march was an act of "treason".

Twisted Choudary said: "It maybe considered against the British Government and Foreign policy. If that is treason. Then yes, I am treasonous".

He also told grieving parents of war dead that he had "no sympathy whatsoever" for fallen troops.

The sick letters to Forces grieving families comes days after The Sun revealed Choudary's plan to protest in the town famed for honouring Britain's war dead.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yup. Anjem Choudary is pretty much the UK's Muslim version of Fred Phelps for us American Christians. Protesting funerals, harassing the victim's families, telling everyone they're going to hell, claiming what happened to them was done by God/Allah.

I have no use for either of them and they make their respective religion's followers look like maniacs when they're assumed to be indicative of the whole, which is not the case.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
First of all the SUN is not by any stretch of the imagination a reliable source for anything.

Secondly, the UK is a free country. When one lives in a country which gives its citizens the right of freedom of speech then you, the citizens, must be prepared for others to speak freely.

We might not like his message, but I would fight to defend his right to it.

The freedoms apply to jerks just as well as to anyone else.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

1). You do realize that there is MUCH more information out there concerning Choudary than this Sun article, correct? As in, articles all over the web including his own website that easily verifies his stances?

2). No one is saying he can't. They still hold their marches, publish their rhetoric freely, and have their own website/organization so you can hear it from the horse's mouth yourself.

So, yeah. The 'jerk' still has his freedom. We're just saying we don't like his message. Which also goes along with free speech. One has the right to offer an unpopular view and the other has a right to disagree with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Some Crazy Christians are doing pretty much same thing here in The States ..

Religious Fanatics are the worst ..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't agree with what this guy is doing, but since when was protesting an act of treason???

Utterly ridiculous!

[edit on 4/1/10 by Kram09]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes of course I do, Ashley. The SUN however reports everything with a deep slant to sensationalism. Big screaming headlines and such..you know what I mean.

And guess what, all it does is advertise his views. People like him should be ignored, I'm sure he loves the SUN and all the free advertising.

Meh.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It's not. That question/angle came from a radio talk show host associated with the tabloids. It's not an official charge from the government at all. It was just sensationalist questioning.

Really though, Choudray is a flake and his fellow moderate Muslims speak out against his hate-mongering ideologies. No one is preventing him from continuing his cause, just like Fred Phelps continues his crusade or the KKK or any other inflammable group, but he is being met with disagreement. And rightfully so, IMO.

ETA:

reply to post by Merigold

Oh yes. On that part you are very right. lol The Sun most definitely is sensationalist, as well as the radio host who is interviewing him. On that note, I just wanted to let it be known that in this case, Choudray truly is a radical and has his own people speaking out against him in the same way most American Christians find Phelps to be an embarrassment or a poor representative of the faith.

All I'm trying to get at is the argument that 'he still has the right to say it' really is moot because his right is not being infringed. He's still going strong.

[edit on 1/4/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This guys radical stance is well known. And the whole thing has been reported in detail in the Guardian and by the BBC - not just the Sun!
Yes we are all for free speech. Indeed there have been many anti war marches. But proposing to hold his march in Wootton Bassett of all places and his open letter to families of the dead goes beyond free speech.
Ironically he should be grateful that he is in Britain as opposed to an Islamic country where they would have hauled his sorry ass off to prison long ago.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It may be ridiculous but this guys stance is over-ridiculous!!

What i don't like is his living here for free and yet he goes about preaching his hate for us.... the guy should be shot IMO

Also i'd like to know why the UAF protest against EDL when they are trying to rid the Country of people like him
This puzzles me much...

EDIT: OK, THE SUN IS TABLOID NEWS BUT IT TELLS THE TRUTH ON CERTAIN ISSUES... I USED TO BUY THIS PAPER EVERYDAY BECAUSE IT DID HAVE SOME TRUTHS BUT AT THE SAME TIME SOME COMICAL STORIES!! I CHECK IT ONLINE EVERY NOW AND THEN AS WELL AS SKY NEWS AND THE TIMES!!!

2nd EDIT: HE HAS GONE TOO FAR WITH HIS LIBERTIES AND FREE SPEECH!!

[edit on 4-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Whilst I don't agree withtrying to inspire religeous hatred from anyone, one thing could've made the whole point a lot better , and its the one thing NO ONE realises.
They should , scratch that , WE ALL SHOULD hold funeral marches in all the towns , for ALL the fallen, after all its both our solldiers fighting for our ( TPTB's ) ideals, their soldiers ( fighting for the homes ( and TPTB's ideals)) and the civilians caught up in the utter nonsense that is war.
IF they wish to protest , if we wish to protest we should carry coffins draped in all the flags of the nations that have lost loved ones both 'good guys and bad' ( the distinction between them is blurring mind), after all its US the common people , the jubs, the plebs, the peons, the 'useless eaters' ( to quote TPTB) that die for Elite to get rich.

So shouldn't we voice a protest against them? after all they TPTB are our COMMON ENEMY, not each other , after all don't we all want to go home in the evening and spend time with our families?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

With an attitude such as "the guy should be shot..." i thank god you're not in charge of the country.

This isn't the Soviet Union!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Well at least he would merit it..... you get people on this site saying 'they would like to shoot Obama' but he has only been in Office a year and is trying to correct Bush's mistakes...

Obama doesn't preach hate or go around demonstrating against what his country has given him

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well... To be fair, the troops have died in vain.

What have accomplished in Afghanistan, other than breeding more terrorism and killing civilians and soldiers, and some locals that want control of their own government?

I'd like the OP to name one thing that we've done in Afghanistan that has made it a "better place".

And even if some small thing was accomplished, you don't think it will be reverted as soon as soldiers leave? Or are we supposed to stay there forever, so countless more soldiers and civilians can die?

The soldiers have died in vain, and will continue to do so.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Choudary is a nut job. Plain and simple.

He doesn't deserve a platform, sadly the media keep giving one to him.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If Anjem Choudary and his followers dislike the way life is in the UK, I would be more than happy to donate to a fund to enable them to leave the UK and go and live in a country more to their liking.

We should have used sone of the money to bail out the banks to enable those who do not want to live here to go somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is the second thread I've seen talking aobut immigrants living in expensive east london homes. What is going on there? Why are these people living high on the hog while most britons have to work the daily grind to make enough to just scrape by? I thought the welfare state in America was bad but apparently England has outdone us by a longshot.
His views may be right that we are not winning the war or minds in Afghanistan, but to throw that into the faces of those who have lost sons and daughters over there is just too much. Doesn't anyone over there have the guts to just go punch this guy out? I'm not a fan of violence but every once in a while someone deserves it I dare say. Choudari has a face just made for it

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
In an article on the BBC news he claimed the protest would be empty coffins to highlight Afghan deaths in the conflict. But the Home Secretary claimed it was revolting.

This is a prime example of how you can't be against the war and support the troops. They go hand in hand. So it's okay to honor our dead and look upon them as some sort of heroes, yet when it comes to all the lives we've destroyed in Afghanistan that's somehow "revolting" and people don't want to know.

It's disgusting. If people really were against this war then they'd support this man's protest, regardless of whether he is muslim. A lot of people say they are for free speech but they seem to pick and choose what they think is acceptable to protest about. You either have it or you don't.

Choudhary said he wants the protest in the town to gain publicity. He said if he did it anyway else it wouldn't gain much media attention and he is right.

I don't agree with many of the things this guy says but in the case of this protest i do.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

May I ask if you would be happy to support the BNP in their anti-war stance?? The reason I mention this is that both Choudray and the BNP have other unsavoury aspects that go hand in hand with their anti-war positions.

my simplified understanding is that the BNP want to save British lives and Choudray wants to save muslim lives.. In that aspect neither side is wrong.. but being linked to the unsavoury side of their politics makes me uncomfortable as is the choice of venue for this particular march.

I could use the same logic of being anti-war in supporting the BNP.. but do you really feel that marching through Wotten Bassett will have the right impact and create the right level of anti-war feelings that will bring our troops home or create a deeper divide?

My feeling is that if this march was to go ahead it will only create a greater divide.. indeed some have called Choudray a recruiting sargeant for the BNP (I guess the same can be said in reverse about the BNP) and I can't help but feel therein lies an element of truth

Personally I would rather see our troops brought back home, but not at the cost of the policies of Islam4Uk or the BNP.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I understand where you're coming from.

Wanting to stage the protest in Wooten Basset is deliberately provovative and Choudray knows it.

I think the main point i'm trying to make is some people want to try and sweep the deaths of Afghan under the carpet, yet at the same time praising our soldiers.

As for the BNP if they're against the war then i can agree with that, but i don't agree with any of their other policies at all.

Ughhh....the whole situation is just a mess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join