It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy draining threads and the energetic connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hi,

since experiencing more and more strange phenomena over the last fifteen years (e.g. seeing auras, feeling energy, obes etc.) I have come to the conclusion that we all live in an energetic web where we are all connected and that we are a part of an energetic network or heirarchy from which power is exchanged or taken. This often becomes like an energetic war, and different people have devised different methods to gather power since childhood. Some people's methods are blatantly obvious, such as the obvious dominant type or attention seeking type. Other people have much more ingenious and subtle methods. Nevertheless there is a war for energy going on. That's why when you are around certain people you can come away feeling drained.

The idea that we live in a world where all its inhabitants are energetically connected is in line with other perspectives. For instance, what Carlos Castaneda discovered in his apprenticeship with a Yaqui Indian sorcerer named don Juan (Castaneda was an anthropologist graduate who initially wanted to interview don Juan regarding his knowledge about medicinal plants, but instead ended up becoming his apprentice). What Castaneda discovered was that the universe is criss-crossed with lines of light that connect everything:

"What I ended up with was a composite of filaments of the most gorgeous colors superimposed on the buildings and the traffic. The filaments were actually lines of colored light that came from above. They had inner life; they were bright and bursting with energy." - Castaneda, The Fire From Within

I have seen these lines and it is true the colours are absolutely spellbinding.

I also experience unusual energetic sensations, and one of these occurs when around certain draining types of people. I feel an unpleasant soft tugging at the area below my navel. I not only experience this when communicating face to face with such people, but also on the phone, and even on the internet.

Which brings me to the word of warning regarding certain threads on this site (and in fact any areas of communication in the everyday world). Some people communicate in a certain way to hook people's interest and drain personal energy from them. Some people might call them psychic vampires. They usually communicate in a way that keeps pulling you back for more. They hold the proverbial carrot under your nose and keep leading you on. 'I will tell you all about "X" later' they say, but they never seem to get round to it, or if they do, they take you on a draining, longwinded walkabout first, only to tell you something that either you knew already or just doesn't seem to reveal much. They keep pulling you on from post to post, and somehow initiate in you an almost addictive desire to hear what they are saying (or what they say they will be saying). They write in a style that has you dying to hear more and they can be quite good story tellers.

It's these types of people I feel the biggest pull from. And the warning is this: if you can't give in to the temptaion to hear more you will likely feel drained from the experience and rarely gain anything. Of course, there are the threads that really do hold some valuable information and because of that will make you feel like you want to keep reading. However, when reading those you will have a lighthearted, good feeling. The threads you need to watch out for are the ones that allure and exasperate you. They leave you with the feeling that you need to keep reading 'just in case' there will be some amazing revelation. It is an addictive almost irresistible feeling to keep following them. These threads, once they have the reader's interest hooked, almost always drain their awareness or personal energy. The best thing you can do is pull yourself away from such threads/conversations as soon as you realise it is a hook type communication. If not it will only sap your energy and time. This also goes for all areas of communication in everyday life.

Aelf

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Aelfrede]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Also I should add that people need to be careful of what feelings they hold regarding such threads (or other 'hook' type communication) - so for instance, if you feel irritation or anger at the person communicating, the initial 'hook' that got you reading will stay in you and their attention (energy) seeking will still be successful.

A good way to distance yourself from any negative feeling you're experiencing is to firstly realise what is going on, what the person's communication strategy is. Once you realise their communication style is designed to pull your attention, energy and time, you will feel less inclined to comply. Another useful way is to remind yourself what really matters to you in life, the people/animals/things that really matter to you. Then think to yourself, would I rather give my time and attention to them or the energy-seeker? If all else fails, do anything to distract your attention away from those negative feelings: a brisk walk, read something else that catches your interest, basically do anything that takes you away from those feelings, because if you stay 'hooked' to them, they will feed off you.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I would be interested to hear other people's input regarding their experiences/perceptions with such draining threads/communication. Also people's experiences/perceptions of the energetic matrix we live in.

Thanks,

Aelf

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When I saw the title I thought you were talking about energy-draining THREADS here on ATS. Cuz that would be one helluva topic!

As for Castaneda - he's so yesteryear, 70s. Became somewhat of a cult-leader in his final days too.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
hey aelf- good advice. Maybe unplugging from the "matrix" means getting away from the fantasy computer world that SOME people seem to have created for themselves! Lol! For the love of god maybe some people just need to take a walk and relax! But I think you're right, there are threads on ATS that are energy draining, but not in a metaphysical sense. I beleive it's a psychologial effect rather (which some would argue is metaphysical- but I'm not going to go there!). I find it all very fascinating. The interaction between people here would be a fascinating anthropological case study on internet culture and the effect it has on one's own reality. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this "Unleashed" character turned out to be some college student doing a case study of "Cults and the Internet" for his/her Anthropolgy 101 class. Shoot- wish I would have thought of this 10 years ago when I was in college!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hi there,

yes I was referring to energy draining threads here on ATS, and also to all energy draining communication in general. I mentioned Castaneda as just an example of one similar school of thought with regards the energetic matrix we live in.

Aelf

Originally posted by seinfeld
When I saw the title I thought you were talking about energy-draining THREADS here on ATS. Cuz that would be one helluva topic!

As for Castaneda - he's so yesteryear, 70s. Became somewhat of a cult-leader in his final days too.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hey there,

yes I think it is psychological, however from my experience this is also connected to our energy. A simple way of seeing it is a mental energy drain. From experience though I know it is more than just psychological.

The OPs of the energy draining threads may well not be aware that they are doing that. They just enjoy the feeling of getting everyone's attention. But that feeling is the direct result of feeding along the energy lines. They sap us, and it tastes so good, they keep on doing it.

Cheers,

Aelf

Originally posted by sindeestarr
hey aelf- good advice. Maybe unplugging from the "matrix" means getting away from the fantasy computer world that SOME people seem to have created for themselves! Lol! For the love of god maybe some people just need to take a walk and relax! But I think you're right, there are threads on ATS that are energy draining, but not in a metaphysical sense. I beleive it's a psychologial effect rather (which some would argue is metaphysical- but I'm not going to go there!). I find it all very fascinating. The interaction between people here would be a fascinating anthropological case study on internet culture and the effect it has on one's own reality. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this "Unleashed" character turned out to be some college student doing a case study of "Cults and the Internet" for his/her Anthropolgy 101 class. Shoot- wish I would have thought of this 10 years ago when I was in college!

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Aelfrede]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
yes I do beleive you are correct. I think many so-called psychic vampires don't even know what they are doing. And I do think there are energies that surround us and connect everything. For me though I suppose it is in a more practical and "earthly" sense. I cannot deny the experiences that I've had after all
. There are many ways to shield from energy drains and I think it would behoove the more sensitive brothers and sisters of ATS (which I am admittedly sensitive too) to learn some of these techniques in order to mantain some personal integrity of their "ID". Do you have any sheilding techniques that you use yourself? I think you can use any technique, really, as long as you BELEIVE that it works. I love to participate in the threads you speak of! It's just too fascinating not to! But I take them for what they are- threads on an internet conspiracy forum! Lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi there,

with regards shielding, yes you're right about belief. If you put your intent into it, eating a jam sandwich whilst reading the forum would probably do the trick ;-) Likewise simply emotionally detaching from the communication will make you immune from the 'hooking' process. But if anyone starts to feel all 'heated' about it, and has that irritated feeling coming on, it is probably best to distance themselves from it until they regain their composure. I think this is one of the major shields, to be aware how emotionally involved you're feeling, and if it is negative and draining, then have a break from it or just avoid it altogther (whether it's an ATS thread, a particular individual or even a group of people). There's so much of this going on, on so many levels. It would be great to explore it more with those who are aware that it is going on.

Take for instance family, and the way each individual behaves and the result of this behaviour. Obvious examples are the dominant types, who are often stern, strict or even angry. Nearly all of us have at least one of those in our family. They nearly always know everything about everything and will often almost dictate to us what we should think. Basically they worked out that that is a far more beneficial energetic position to be in than someone like the victim. As the word suggests, victims were pretty much shoved into that role as children due to unpleasant circumstances that made them feel victimised. When they discovered that they can get some attention (energy) that way, they then just kept perpetuating the cycle. Seeing as though this role gets them some energy, it is better than none at all - and they haven't been able to be in the position to learn another role. The victim role works by putting people on guilt trips or making them feel sorry for them. But they can be squashed anytime by the 'steam roller' dominants.

Dominant types love to be in any leadership type positions. They love to be gurus and masters. It's like being at the top of the pyramid. Basically an exchange goes on, although often can be more like blackmail or swindling. For instance, we all know the dominant/leader type that somehow has a way of passing on primary school knowledge in a way that has the listerners nodding eagerly. Well that was the exchange, whatever that piece of information was for a bit of your energy. A similar thing happens all the time in the everyday economic world. Something that only costs a few pence can be stuck in some fancy packaging and sold for 10 times the price or more.
And if you agree to buy, well, that's your choice.

So there are many questions we can ask about all of this. Like what role do we play, or mixtures of roles? Do we benefit from that role, i.e. does it work? Someone using the victim role might feel like it's working when actually they don't get much for it. It's a bit like the amusement arcade. You can feel like you're winning, or you're going to win, but nearly always you leave the building with less than when you entered.

Also we should perhaps ask ourselves, do we feel comfortable with the way that role affects others? And most importantly, is there an alternative, some way of removing ourselves from this socio-energetic network/war?

One things for sure, many won't feel comfortable acknowledging or talking about what roles or strategies they might use to get energy. That's because the roles are much more effective when no one knows what's going on! And if we face up to this energetic draining and stealing, we have to admit to ourselves the part we play in it, which then means things might have to change.

Aelf

Originally posted by sindeestarr
yes I do beleive you are correct. I think many so-called psychic vampires don't even know what they are doing. And I do think there are energies that surround us and connect everything. For me though I suppose it is in a more practical and "earthly" sense. I cannot deny the experiences that I've had after all
. There are many ways to shield from energy drains and I think it would behoove the more sensitive brothers and sisters of ATS (which I am admittedly sensitive too) to learn some of these techniques in order to mantain some personal integrity of their "ID". Do you have any sheilding techniques that you use yourself? I think you can use any technique, really, as long as you BELEIVE that it works. I love to participate in the threads you speak of! It's just too fascinating not to! But I take them for what they are- threads on an internet conspiracy forum! Lol.

new topics

top topics

join