It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economics of Gold-Extra-terresterials connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Gold had hovered from a mere $400/oz from 2001 till 2006 and then shot up dramatically to $1,117 today!

Gold is largely an ornamental metal, in that it is hardly use for productive manafacturing or as a source of energy - unlike steel or crude oil. Nor does gold moves in the commodities market in tandem with the rise or fall of the US dollar, thus the notion that people are buying gold as a hedge against the dollar does not hold water.

In fact, most news reports describe a lack of consumer or even institutional buying. So what could have accounted for the rise in gold?

Our planet has one valuable resource and it is the abundance of gold. Mankind had been digging at it since the dawn of civilisation and still is doing it. Historical records of gold being valued highly and could be bartered for goods and services. It's function was purely economical, for gold does not rust, unlike stocks of wheat which will be ruined over time.

When the spanish conquerors subdued the Incas, they found huge storages of gold, and was even further amazed with why these semi-illiterate barbarians would need that much gold. When asked, the Chieftain was reported to have said that it was for the 'Gods', and they were to mine and guard over it till they return.

Various ancient civlisations had records of them doing the same - mining gold for the 'gods'. Humans may not have need for gold in such vast amounts, nor am aware of its uses, but one theory today that may make gold useful, a metal we have in abundance, is that gold is a good reflector of electromagnetic radiation. If enough particles of it is suspended in our atmosphere by 2012 when the solar cycle is at its max, Earth may be spared the intense solar storm.

Could this theory be one of the reason why extra-terresterials are here - gold?

Could it be that the Corporations (feds New York- largest gold holders in the world) had been trading gold for technology with the extra-terresterials?

Could it be that there is no more gold in fort knox, and as such, the Corporations - in need of further technology to challenge rising China, are now desperately buying from individual sellers, driving gold price up?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I believe i have read about a reptillian connection to gold. We will find out soon enough though

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some say gold dust can be used as a tool for longevity of life.

Some believe gold was used in a lozenge form as a tool for communication.

I found this:

The Many Uses of Gold
geology.com...

Of all the minerals mined from the Earth, none is more useful than gold. Its usefulness is derived from a diversity of special properties. Gold conducts electricity, does not tarnish, is very easy to work, can be drawn into wire, can be hammered into thin sheets, alloys with many other metals, can be melted and cast into highly detailed shapes, has a wonderful color and a brilliant luster. Gold is a memorable metal that occupies a special place in the human mind. ...geology.com...

I was also wondering where all the gold that does not become jewelry or part of electronics,teeh...etc, by country?

Who Owns the Most Gold ?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Filed Under: Featured, Gold & Silver Bullion, Top Ten

The top ten largest owners of gold in the world are reported to control a total of 24,258.3 tonnes, or over 855 million ounces. At current spot prices, this gold would be worth approximately $804.35 billion and represents about 15.4% of all the gold ever mined.

612.5 Tonnes
The Netherland central bank, De Nederlandsche Bank, oversees all of the the Dutch national finances, including the country’s 612.5 tonnes of gold . The Dutch gold is currently worth over $20 billion .

www.coinlink.com...

I've always wondered why god/s had such an obsession with gold also?
Are the ETs galaxtic miners? Are humans slave labor?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by azureskys]

MOD EDIT: Removed excessive copy and paste.
Please read: Posting work written by others.

[edit on September 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
NO AUDIT at Fort Knox in over 40 years???

Wow that sounds crazy.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Gold is largely an ornamental metal, in that it is hardly use for productive manafacturing or as a source of energy - unlike steel or crude oil...

Though gold is attacked by free chlorine, its good conductivity and general resistance to oxidation and corrosion in other environments (including resistance to non-chlorinated acids) has led to its widespread industrial use in the electronic era as a thin layer coating electrical connectors of all kinds, thereby ensuring good connection. For example, gold is used in the connectors of the more expensive electronics cables, such as audio, video and USB cables. The benefit of using gold over other connector metals such as tin in these applications is highly debated. Gold connectors are often criticized by audio-visual experts as unnecessary for most consumers and seen as simply a marketing ploy. However, the use of gold in other applications in electronic sliding contacts in highly humid or corrosive atmospheres, and in use for contacts with a very high failure cost (certain computers, communications equipment, spacecraft, jet aircraft engines) remains very common, and is unlikely to be replaced in the near future by any other metal.
SOURCE

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Thanks for your efforts and reply. That's what I am trying to figure out too. Gold may just be the jigsaw puzzle piece on our very existance on Earth and why out of a sudden a need for depopulation.

Should we, an advance civilisation ever to colonise other planets, our main aim will be to mine for minerals that will enhance our lives on Earth, such as helium 3 to replace our current energy needs using fossilized fuels. This is the only justification to spend the obscene amounts of money to build crafts and for the colonisation programme. We do it because of a need.

Currently, we realize that they MAY be a problem on Earth, being that it is far from being stable and our atmosphere at the mercy of planetary elements beyond our control.

Should we be able to one day understand atmospheric science better, we as a civilisation may mine for minerals in vast quantities to protect our atmosphere. Leaving Earth may not be an option, for our wealth, legacy and infrastructure would be too great an emotional attachment if there is a better way we can save Earth.

Thus, could these extraterresterials, which had been disclosed by other nations as well as credible witnesses around the world as REAL, are precisely attempting to protect their own homeworld's atmosphere and requiring VAST amount of gold for it, properties of which we had just discovered?

Were human beings being created to mine for gold and to create the economics of gold trading to sustain our lives?

Is there a limit in population for the gold operations, and currently there are too much humans involved in non-gold activities, thus these humans must die off, a limit determined by Corporations that really ruled the world?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've only heard of the Gold/Annunaki myth before. In all, it seems plausible and odd. I wish I could have experienced what those men in the past had, it's all too enticing and it drives me nuts sometimes lol The atmosphere thing you mentioned of gold's plausible use fits right in with what I've read with the Annunaki too, makes it that much more awesome

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ive read stuff about how Lemuria was inhabited by Slaves from another planet and they mined gold for thousands of years there.

these slaves were then bred with humans, which in turn allowed the ET slaves to return home, and the humans began the digging for them.

the book was "the ancient secret of the flower of life" by Drunvalo Melchizedek.

cant remember if it was Volume 1 or 2......... think it was 2.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tantalus

And that's why we need Disclosure and the CONTACT files held by the US govt and other govts to reveal what it is all about, than for the common masses tearing their hair out trying to figure the jigsaw puzzle.

If we know the TRUTH, and it is for gold the extraterresterials are after, then a fairer exchange can be negotiated under a win-win situation, not just for us, but for our next generations as well.

Having tasted freedom and knowledge, we as a human race will never want to be treated as slaves. Spartacus of Ancient Rome had shown us the way out, even though in the end he was fooled by Phonecian/Mediterranean pirates.

Earth is our home for centuries now, our ancestors and forefathers had fought long and hard for us and our next generations to give it up, and had given us a humane political system called democracy - though not perfect, but still is where our evolution towards harmonious enlightenment will come one day as we keep at it.

The totalitarian Corporations answers to no one except their own wallets are NOT representative of the masses and have NO right to decide on our behalf!

[edit on 4-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There is also a mention on the web page I refer to in my previous post. ( geology.com...) of NASA using extremely thin layers of gold, as a lubricant on moving parts, on space vehicles.

Amazing stuff that gold

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good thread with intriguing possibilities. Perhaps more profound than most ATSers recognize.

I have long found it exceptionally curious as to why gold was originally chosen for high value by ancient mankind, and subsequently remains so esteemed and valued. As evidenced in the earliest archeological records of civilization, it seems mankind valued it above almost any other mineral or resource. If fact, we might even say it had an almost ‘religious’ aspect to it from the start. Surely, something more important than simply having a pretty shine must have influenced this.

Azureskys provides an excellent review of the numerous uses of gold in our modern world. Yet in that early phase of our technology, its many modern uses would not have been known or relevant. That is, unless early mankind knew something about gold that we are lately only finding out, or perhaps have yet to discover. Perhaps something occurred in the remote past that left early mankind keenly aware of gold’s importance for uses we are currently unfamiliar with. Perhaps, the near universal high regard of gold since time immemorial is tied to something more than its ornamental use and more truly understood for its spiritual or metaphysical aspects. I mean how bizarrely coincidental is it that our ancient ancestors chose for their adoration an element so truly rare and near-indestructible.

Although gold is a relatively rare mineral on earth, its rareness in the universe or galaxy may be even more absolute. For instance, a while back I was amazed to read that our sun is probably a third-generation sun, meaning that this is roughly the third go-around for the atoms in our solar system [not exactly right, but it gets the idea across]. Sun Facts

Heavier elements are only found in third generation star systems like our sun. So while I am not an astro-physicist, I can reason well enough that only a small portion of stars can even host a planet with gold in any sort of ‘mineable’ abundance. Add to that all the other permeations needed to form terrestrial planets, etc, and gold may be as rare as life itself – maybe even the tell-tale sign. How bizarre would that be?

So, is it possible that some alien civilization would analyze the elemental spectrum of earth and find that we have a gold-signature, and then visit at some point, relating to its primitive inhabitants that it came here because of the gold? Works for me.

Now imagine those primitive peoples, trying to please these aliens by finding gold and bringing it to them, much like a pet cat brings its owners a mouse or bird it has caught, or a dog retrieving an article thrown by its master. And after the visitors are gone, subsequent generations continue to go through the motions, only because at one time, it lead to some sort of positive reinforcement.

If any of this is right, then it leaves the possibility open that the value of gold to earth, its civilizations, and its people will only increase with time. The past ten years may only be the opening move in a revaluation of gold that carries it to unimaginable levels. Not possible you say? well what if gold was found to be an essential ingredient for the cure to cancer, or AIDS; or found to eliminate free radicals in the blood thereby greatly extending longevity; or found to provide protection against the increasing cosmic radiation of our earth; or protect against unwanted eaves-dropping within our homes, or etc, etc.

Lastly, I have also found it very interesting that the western powers have retained their vast holding of gold despite their economic policies of the last ¾ centuries being based on a philosophy that characterizes gold as a worthless ‘barbarous relic’. As they say, what’s old is now new again, and maybe the vast stores of gold in this world will find a new value more in line with the old wisdom.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Have you guys been noticing all those companies that are buying gold jewelery, gold scraps, or any gold items? Tons of those companies are extensions of the government.. Others are third parties that trade us meager paper for the only truly substantiated resource that common citizens possess. It may sound a bit radical but I do have a feeling that perhaps a lot of these companies are aware of the inferior value of our money and could have connections with ET sources at the higher levels.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Our planet has one valuable resource and it is the abundance of gold.

Its sentences like this that make me question this gold ET connection theory every time... considering we dont know about gold quantities on other planets even in our own solar system, how on earth can we say earth has an abundance?.. for all we know we could be theh most gold poor piece of rock in this quadrant.

We wont know until we start off world mining, and that aint gonna happen for a loooong time at the rate where going.

Mankind had been digging at it since the dawn of civilisation and still is doing it. Historical records of gold being valued highly and could be bartered for goods and services. It's function was purely economical, for gold does not rust, unlike stocks of wheat which will be ruined over time.

Yet oddly enough, in the societies where gold was the most plentiful it was basically considered worthless and just purely ornamental... it had no real economic value compared to other goods. Good example was the cacao bean in mesoamerica.

As for it being valued more than wheat and other similar commodities since it had longevity... errr you cant eat gold

Hence wheat was a better trade for goods. If you stuck a sack of wheat and a nugget of gold in front a guy from a thousand years ago, id wager he'd pick up the wheat every time. It wasnt until some guy started offering lots of wheat for the gold I guess that people started attributing more value to the gold than the wheat... which would have happened I guess when a currency was formed, its still pretty stupid when you think of it how we trade pieces of paper and metal with 'value' based on what the government and other powers deem it to have for our goods, when it makes alot more sense to trade like for like... you want carrots?, grow some cucumbers and swap with some guy with carrots who wants cucumbers

Gold and aliens?... no connection, makes no sense. Now water I could see, abundance of life also.

Originally posted by grantbeed
ive read stuff about how Lemuria was inhabited by Slaves from another planet and they mined gold for thousands of years there.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by grantbeed]

So after thousands of years of mining gold with superior technology and huge slave numbers (who more than likely had more than pickaxes and shovel to work with) the aliens still hadnt exhausted earths gold deposits?
... yet another example of some source of information using huge time frames to boogle gullible minds, which in reality crumble under a little common sense and deeper though. If they had thousands of years to mine gold with tech better than ours and all these slaves... they'd have taken it all and left... so why would they need to come back?, not to mention earth wouldnt have any gold left for us

Reminds me of how silly it is these supposed million billion year old galactic empires still havent become effectively omnipresent Q's , yet mankind can go from cave to space flight in as little as a few thousand... wonder what we'll be like then in a million years, bloody universe creators.

Oh and finally... if earth is such a fort nox of galactic gold, why did the aliens leave?, and why on earth are they letting the stocks just trickle in.

Its funny but I just realize this gold alien connection theory has an interesting parallel with the plot of the 'Stargate' movie... aliens enslave humans to mine required resource and then turn up every so often to collect whats been gathered, with the aliens being thought of as gods.

Movie based on theory or theory based on the movie?.. the latter seems the most plausible.

The simple reason golds price has shot up is that given our society these days, monetary items that have a perceived value they dont really have like paper money and coins are so unstable that the best way to make money is to buy something like gold which once alls said and done has more uses than pieces of paper or bank balance numbers in a computer.

If you want your fortune to survive an economic collapse... buy gold and other 'rare' elements. Since the less value 'money' has the more gold does... that is until people realize in times of trouble and society collapse a potato is worth more than a ton of gold.

Maybe thats the ruse, they stock pile the gold, addict society on a monetary system then collapse that system, then quickly use your gold to buy what really matter (land, food, life) off the idiots who still place a value on monetary currencies... then once they find out they've been duped, you can rule em all since you own what real mattesr and all they have are some shiny yellow metal.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Yet oddly enough, in the societies where gold was the most plentiful it was basically considered worthless and just purely ornamental... it had no real economic value compared to other goods. Good example was the cacao bean in mesoamerica.

Well not exactly. I am not sure what other civilizations you may have in mind, but for a few examples: In ancient Egypt gold was relatively plentiful (remembering that its still rare by any absolute measure) and yet it was reserved for the aristocracy and preisthood; in Lydia, where it was mined in a gold-silver mixture called electrum, it was considered so 'special' that King Croesus decided to mint the world's first coins out of it - a lion with sunburst eyes on it; later, nearly every single ancient society deemed it special enough to make its top currency from gold: the Persian Darius, the Athenian Stater, the Roman Aureus, and the Byzantine Bizant. In every case, the forementioned empires were considered the wealthiest of their times, and all had established gold as the most valuable token of wealth. So much so, that it spawned numerous phrases we still use in derivative languages today: 'the gold standard', 'as good as gold', 'the gold medal', 'golden laurels', 'the golden years', and 'the golden age'. So I believe the record contradicts your assertion in general.

As far as mesoamerica goes, both the Aztecs and the Incas considered gold highly enough that it adorned their most powerful members, royalty, priests and warrior chiefs. So I am not sure I believe it was considered no better than a piece of quartz, an oyster shell, or braided lama hair. I admitedly don't know what the value of cocoa beans were in the Inca empire. Perhaps they were more valuable than gold, however, I doubt that any treatise has been written that records this as a historical fact of the Inca economy.

All the above I am writing only in reference to the words quoted above, not the rest of your posting. In that regard, I agree with most else of what you have written.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Gold had hovered from a mere $400/oz from 2001 till 2006 and then shot up dramatically to $1,117 today!

Gold is largely an ornamental metal, in that it is hardly use for productive manafacturing or as a source of energy - unlike steel or crude oil. Nor does gold moves in the commodities market in tandem with the rise or fall of the US dollar, thus the notion that people are buying gold as a hedge against the dollar does not hold water.

In fact, most news reports describe a lack of consumer or even institutional buying. So what could have accounted for the rise in gold?

Our planet has one valuable resource and it is the abundance of gold. Mankind had been digging at it since the dawn of civilisation and still is doing it. Historical records of gold being valued highly and could be bartered for goods and services. It's function was purely economical, for gold does not rust, unlike stocks of wheat which will be ruined over time.

When the spanish conquerors subdued the Incas, they found huge storages of gold, and was even further amazed with why these semi-illiterate barbarians would need that much gold. When asked, the Chieftain was reported to have said that it was for the 'Gods', and they were to mine and guard over it till they return.

Various ancient civlisations had records of them doing the same - mining gold for the 'gods'. Humans may not have need for gold in such vast amounts, nor am aware of its uses, but one theory today that may make gold useful, a metal we have in abundance, is that gold is a good reflector of electromagnetic radiation. If enough particles of it is suspended in our atmosphere by 2012 when the solar cycle is at its max, Earth may be spared the intense solar storm.

Could this theory be one of the reason why extra-terresterials are here - gold?

Could it be that the Corporations (feds New York- largest gold holders in the world) had been trading gold for technology with the extra-terresterials?

Could it be that there is no more gold in fort knox, and as such, the Corporations - in need of further technology to challenge rising China, are now desperately buying from individual sellers, driving gold price up?

You see I find Gold interesting. In a way gold makes sense as it is a scarce resource. You cannot just dig your back yard to find gold.

What is interesting about gold is that from the Edge of Europe, to the middle east, to south asia all the way to East Asia, Gold has had an inherent value even though, these countries were thousands of thousands of miles apart...

Did these various societies all somehow came to the same conclusion that GOLD is the mean of currency??? Is this a coincidence of something else??

I recall that the Aztecs or mayans..?? used gold for decoration... Why is that for American continents though?

Why gold had value universally in all different cultures is a mystery to me.... I mean did ancient humans liked the color gold??? Or like you said, foreign beings valued gold... I dont know

new topics

top topics

join