It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is my pharmacy giving me? Seriously concerned about this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
For the record, I do not take any pharmaceutical drugs for my Bi-Polar disorder, what I do take is a certain herb we are not to talk about here.

I hear you, but I have seen that patently NOT work. There are degrees to every ailment and if you can control your BPD in that manner...you are blessed. As you must be well aware, though, others are far less fortunate...which is why suicide is so often an issue.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
I listed some herbs in this thread that are good for your condition...
Why do people fall for this big pharma hype?

Like somebody mentioned St John's Wort earlier...which my doctor said is the equivalent to the earliest variety of broad-spectrum antidepressant. As most people know, the meds can be a lot more finely tuned these days. While there is a push by the industry to create illnesses that can be treated by their drugs...it is simply idiotic to toss the baby out with the bathwater.

Life without the modern pharmacopoeia would be like...well, life without the modern pharmacopoeia...nasty, brutish and short.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Eat more fruit, get adequate sunshine, exercise, stop eating processed junk and throw the meds in the garbage.

Unless you wanna be a slave to the pharm companies for your whole life that...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Rawhemp]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Life without the modern pharmacopoeia would be like...well, life without the modern pharmacopoeia...nasty, brutish and short.

No it wouldn't. Most people speculate life would be alot better without modern medicine and pharmacopoeia

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
Eat more fruit, get adequate sunshine, exercise, stop eating processed junk and throw the meds in the garbage. Unless you wanna be a slave to the pharm companies for your whole life that...

How many people are alive today strictly because of the meds they are on? How many's peoples quality of life has been enhanced by modern medicine?

I mean really, your statement is so profoundly stupid that I had to answer. Does being alive because of...say...heart medicine...constitute being a slave to the pharma companies? And you're saying you'd rather be dead?

Yes, one should take care of one's self. And before the medical advances of today, people died a lot sooner, and poor health was the order of the day. Get real.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How many people are alive today strictly because of the meds they are on? How many's peoples quality of life has been enhanced by modern medicine?

I mean really, your statement is so profoundly stupid that I had to answer. Does being alive because of...say...heart medicine...constitute being a slave to the pharma companies? And you're saying you'd rather be dead?

Yes, one should take care of one's self. And before the medical advances of today, people died a lot sooner, and poor health was the order of the day. Get real.

I'm sorry but your assumptions are so profoundly stupid.

The heart medicine is hardly keeping them alive, its subsiding symptoms and slightly prolonging there life. A change in diet could cure the heart problems and free them from the drugs. People were healthier and had longer lived life's before the advent of modern medicine. cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesisty are modern day disease for the most part.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Rawhemp]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I know someone who is BI-Polar, if you are do not take St Johns Wort, has it can trigger mania. Although it is excellent for regular depression.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm sorry but your assumptions are so profoundly stupid.

The heart medicine is hardly keeping them alive, its subsiding symptoms and slightly prolonging there life. A change in diet could cure the heart problems and free them from the drugs. People were healthier and had longer lived life's before the advent of modern medicine. cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesisty are modern day disease for the most part.

Which goes to show why I had a doctor cure my cancer with the latest in techniques...rather than listen to some knucklehead on the net. Happy trails and may you not have to eat your words very soon. I'd say our conversation is over.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Which goes to show why I had a doctor cure my cancer with the latest in techniques...rather than listen to some knucklehead on the net. Happy trails and may you not have to eat your words very soon. I'd say our conversation is over.

Your doctor didn't cure anything, maybe made the symptoms subside but unless you drastically altered your lifestyle the cancer will return in a couple years

The longest lived people in the world don't ever see a doctor in there life, most people in these cultures probably don't even know what a doctor is. They have happy active life's up into there 90's even 100+ for some

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

All my scripts are sent electronically. Drop off a check - get my scripts sent in. Usually is just easier to do it this way, but I hadn't noticed the change on the script until today, so I haven't even been taken the extra 25mgs a day I was given. This is what happens with technology driven economy, less human interaction, more mistakes are made. And literally I have done plenty of positive ID's on medications before, been on many in my life, and I had just panicked because I could not find an ID, the reason I came to ATS is because I knew someone would find the information I was not finding.

Originally posted by TwoPhish
Second.......you don't have bi-polar. It's called being moody. Doctors/pharmaceuticals just LOVE naming conditions especially when it has to do with our mood.
I highly suggest you get off all drugs and seek and take herbals instead. St Johns Wort for example.

Again...a stupid comment. How many people went through hell living their lives as 'moody' then they finally found out there was a clinical reason for their episodes...and that it was treatable! The OP himself said how much better things were with the right meds. But you know better? Fool!

If you've never dealt with bipolar...you have no freakin' idea!

Thank you, star for that. Bilpolar sucks, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, not that I have one. But seriously combined with OCD and anxiety my life has been a living hell, up until I found the right med combinations. So don't tell me everything is bulls*hit when it comes to medications. A lot of medications safe peoples lives, help stop pain, and make it easier to bare for those living in reality they cannot control
Luckily I have found my spirituality to be a guide in life now, and I was able to knock off some of the meds I was on, so yes there is some success in changing somethings with the willingness to do so, but not everything can be changed with willpower alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Here's a site that can help:

fdb.rxlist.com...

and, as always, consult your doctor and/or pharmacist if there's any concerns.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Your doctor didn't cure anything, maybe made the symptoms subside but unless you drastically altered your lifestyle the cancer will return in a couple years

And you know this because you read a book?

# off...I'm putting you on ignore...where only the most serious of imbeciles reside.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is the medication dispensed by your pharmacy, it is a chewable version of lamotrigine. I used the drug information source known as "clinical pharmacology" to I.D. your medication.

NDC: 68382-0109-05
bottle, 500 each Lamotrigine 25mg, Chewable tablet
Active Ingredients: Lamotrigine 25mg
Drug Description: white, round-shaped, black currant, side 1:Z 12

I hope this helps and if you are having side effects from this medication I hope you contact your physician. Lamotrigine is notorious for side effects and since your dose was recently increased, you may be experiencing an effect that is dose related. There are patients who have experienced a condition known as thrombocytopenia while taking lamotrigine, and this may be what has caused your bruising. Only an MD can run the lab test to determine if this is what the problem is, so I would encourage you to contact your physician ASAP.

Good luck!

[edit on 4-1-2010 by icenine]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Exactly, everything has its place JC!
Thanks for the reply.
I guess I should have specified it was for the OP.

Antibiotics are pretty nice to have around agreed!
But hospitals are there to patch you up, not "cure" you.
They do a good job -usually- but there are huge prices to pay.
One has to weigh the risks for themselves in everything they do.
Their health care is no different.

Just goes to show the patient has to be ultimately
responsible for him or her self to the end.
Thats prolly why they say, always get a second opinion!
There is also this wonderfull thing we have now called the internet.
You dont have to have a degree to know what works for you.
There are many other treatments out there
not many are familier with as well.
Gee....wonder why?
Thats what I am advocating. A choice.

Its your only body, I'd say try to take care of it!
If you dont take care of yourself,
no amount of money (or trips to the doctor) can buy a new body!

Without your health, what do you really have?
After all, even billionaires have to die sometime too.

Using their multi billion-dollar marketing budgets, these industries have launched a massive media propaganda campaign to paint Codex Alimentarius as a benevolent tool of “consumer protection”, as well as to negatively taint the image of natural health options and mislead people to fear them as “dangerous”, so they will take drugs (which really are dangerous). Natural health products and options have an amazing safety record and are remarkably effective, especially when compared to pharmaceutical drugs.

www.healthfreedomusa.org...

Even then, many critics doubt the fines will be much a deterrent. As Bill Vaughan, a policy analyst at Consumers Union, points out points out, "When a company can make more than a million dollars a day in drug sales, a $150,000 fine for running a misleading advertisement won't have much impact."

www.alternet.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You were just given chewable Lamotrigine. 25mg -- Manufactured by Zydus Pharmaceuticals. It causes serious skin rashes in some people. It is also known as Lamictal.

Lamotrigine is different from the other mood stabilizers because of: 1.Lamotrigine's frequent effectiveness for patients who have failed to respond to antidepressants or mood stabilizers;
2. Lamotrigine's relatively benign side-effect profile.

Lamotrigine has been successful in controlling rapid cycling and mixed bipolar states in people who have not received adequate relief from lithium, carbamazepine and/or valproate. It also appears that lamotrigine has significantly more antidepressant potency than either carbamazepine or valproate.

www.psycom.net...

Cheear up!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
There is also this wonderfull thing we have now called the internet.
You dont have to have a degree to know what works for you.
There are many other treatments out there
not many are familier with as well.
Gee....wonder why?
Thats what I am advocating. A choice.

Now...one is diagnosed early on with prostate cancer...because medical science has detected it. That wonderful thing called 'the internet' says that medical cures for cancer...cut, burn and poison...don't work. But take this herb and eat this stuff and you will be cured.

So you go the alternative route, and amend your diet, eat and drink this stuff and pray like all get-out.

In the meanwhile, the window for the least nasty therapy passes. As a result, you are treated more aggressively, you lose continence and you can no longer get it up. Understand this...you have to wear a diaper and forget about sex. At...I donno...40?

Then you find out that the cancer metastasized anyway, and it is in your organs and bones. So you die, miserably.

Or...you take the standard treatments, and try to in live a reasonably healthy manner...and if you're lucky...you get cured and live a long, fulfilling life.

Yes you can make choices. Some are just stoopid ones.

Not to derail this thread, but an awful lot of people who don't know what they are talking about are trying to convince those who are successfully treating their ailments with standard medical therapy...that they are somehow wrong. That the OP should ignore the fact that his drug regimen works...cuz some guy on the net sez it's wrong? That I was wrong to get radiation therapy?

Balderdash! Knucklehead, heal thyself...and leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hey OP
i dont know you, know wahts wrong with you, im ntoa doctor or a pharmacist. i wont claim to ahve even anything close to good advice.
but common sense tells me not to take any pills ever. do what you with with that information.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That is exactly the kind of attitude that I hope to never see again on this site. A smiley face emoticon after telling someone their cancer will return?
WTH!!??
Most people on ATS are courteous and thoughtful, you should consider doing likewise.

And for everyone telling people to STOP taking their prescription drugs -
SHUT UP!!
Even if you were doctors you have no idea what their condition is, what their drug schedule or prognosis is. That is a dangerous suggestion.

I know if I were to suddenly stop taking my medications I would be in intensive care within 24 hours.
I've never heard ATS sound so much like Infowars in my life and I hope this is the last time I have to read such dangerous and insensitive replies.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp People were healthier and had longer lived life's before the advent of modern medicine. cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesisty are modern day disease for the most part.

Oh dear, you have no clue at all
en.wikipedia.org...
"During the 20th century, the average lifespan in the United States increased by more than 30 years, of which 25 years can be attributed to advances in public health."

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree, you should never advise someone to ever stop taking their medications. For some people these are life saving drugs that allow them to get through everyday life and function. Enough said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join