It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seasonal affects on the UFOlogy community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is just a thought that's popped into my head and I thought I'd share it with you guys, see if we can pull some resources together and see what the outcome is.

In the Northern hemisphere there are many types of landscape spanning every continent apart from Australia. These places all have seasons where Winter is cooler and Summer is hotter.

Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D. - funnily enough) is a recognised condition which can make people happy or depressed due to their local weather systems.

So my questions are:

Are more sightings apparent in the developed North during any particular season year-in, year-out? What of the Southern hemisphere?

Do the boards here have a sine wave effect where some seasons appear more sceptical and others less sceptical?

Are there any trends that we can glean from the community to see when is more effective on any particular quantifiable observation?

I realise this is a bit woolly but any and all help to give me a better insight into UFO and alien phenomena and the seasons is greatly appreciated.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think that weather has alot to do with the amount of reported sightings in Northern "cold weather" areas durring winter months.
It sure puts a damper on my stargazing and sky watching here in Michigan.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
All I know is in recent years the number of sightings soars around christmas and new year due to those bloody chinese lanterns ! You check around the sites and look at thie sighting reports and after a while you can 'anticipate' what they say regarding shape etc ! Glowing orange orb, orange light, orange sphere etc etc ! Haven't people cottoned on yet ?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If you haven't seen this thread, you really should see this documentary:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is an amazing presentation, watch the whole thing It's in the North and they are seeing UFOs and monitoring them with scientific instruments on a regular basis! You might go their website and get a chart based on season or at least get the data to make one. This phenomenon could be in part natural and atmospheric, or it could be a dimensional rift or something...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Are more sightings apparent in the developed North during any particular season year-in, year-out? What of the Southern hemisphere?

If you were an alien in a flying Winnebago, where would you go? You'd follow the nice weather around the earth, occasionally stopping at secluded waterfalls for a midnight skinny-dip... when no homo-sapiens would be hiding with their cameras. :-)

new topics

top topics

join