It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oldest Religion in the world has already predicted the ages of the earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
some have said that Jesus traveled to India during his "lost" years. I wonder if he found some truth in these teachings and adapted them for people in the middle east to understand. perhaps he sensed some divine truth in the teachings? hmmmm

Yes, good point. The link between Egypt and India is explained here:
"There is, in fact, considerable archaeological and anthropological evidence that ancient India was the source of ancient Egyptian civilization. The ancient black Indians, known as "Dravidians", (who in ancient times were also known by the Greeks and Egyptians as "Ethiopians") built and laid out ancient Egyptian civilization and, no doubt, in the process also mixed with their black brethren in Africa. The ancient Egyptians, themselves, admitted in their writings that they received their civilization and culture from the Ethiopians, another black "race".

In ancient times there were known to be two types of Ethiopians, Western Ethiopians, in Africa, (who were black with wooly hair and fine features) and their brethren, the Eastern Ethiopians, of India, who also were black with fine features but possessed straight hair. Both Western and Eastern Ethiopians were descended from the biblical Cush, one of the sons of Ham. The Dravidians most likely emigrated from Africa to India and, later, many returned to Africa where they developed ancient Egyptian culture and civilization. An excellent website offering substantial scholarship and historical documentation and evidence that ancient India was the source of Egypt's ancient culture and civilization is "India and Egypt" (www.hinduwisdom.info...).

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angiras
You should check out "The Final Event: Dawn of the Age of Truth", which provides a detailed analysis of the four yugas and their relation to Mayan and Christian prophecies, and suggest that the 12,960 year cycle of four yugas is about to reset.

Thank you, what a wonderful book! I found a link here:

www.finalevent.info...

It looks like required reading and I will try and get to it soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue

Originally posted by spacecowgirl7. Wealth will arrive from other countries to India and India will be very rich and powerful.

Why is it bias towards India? I mean aren't countries, skin color, race just an illusion of separation?

Yes of course it is all illusion as we are all one consciousness, with no separation. However, for the purposes of the play, India looks like it will become the next super power

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
I'm not realy a fan of organised religion but astrophysicist Carl Sagan did say this about Hinduism:

"The Hindu religion is the only one of the world's great faiths dedicated to the idea that the Cosmos itself undergoes an immense, indeed an infinite, number of deaths and rebirths. It is the only religion in which the time scales correspond, to those of modern scientific cosmology. Its cycles run from our ordinary day and night to a day and night of Brahma, 8.64 billion years long. Longer than the age of the Earth or the Sun and about half the time since the Big Bang. And there are much longer time scales still".

Carl Sagan

Cheers.

The Hindu religion is the oldest in the world of which all other religions are based. The wisdom in the Vedas is the same wisdom as the Bible although easier to understand.
I am not a fan of organised religion either but am a big fan of the TRUTH (whereever one finds it) and am a huge fan of the love and light of God.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by karl 12

And Hinduism has it's root in dreaming which all reality flows from. I subsribe to that belief that this reality right now is a dream that we are all participating in.

That comes from my experiences with precognitive dreaming. Hinduism is an interesting religion to say the least. Has some truths for sure, but like all religion its wrapped up in anapamorphic dieties and ritual beliefs.

Yes, a dream or a play?

The Seven Ages of Man
by William Shakespeare

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players,
They have their exits and entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then, the whining schoolboy with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden, and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice
In fair round belly, with good capon lin'd,
With eyes severe, and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws, and modern instances,
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose, and pouch on side,
His youthful hose well sav'd, a world too wide,
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again towards childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stanton Dowd
Like all other religions - all this stuff just sounds like a load of cr4p that somebody made up!

If you want to take folklore and fairy tales seriously that's your choice but it sounds like a load of stuff that somebody made up to scare everyone into place.

:-S

LOL Luckily what is true and eternal does not rest on the beliefs of humans. We are all free to seek the truth or not and whichever we choose, will be the perfect path for us. All things are perfect as is.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleClaw
concerning Daniels prophecie..
Did Daniel say that the countries would never unite? I think Daniels prophecies will fail hard when the one world government gets here unless of coarse the rock that smashed the statue/kingdoms is the nwo, Im sure they think they are anyways.

I could be wrong but I feel that Daniels dream of the statue of man with clay feet, iron legs etc was in reference to the cycles of the world just like the Hindu cycles.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl

Originally posted by karl 12
I'm not realy a fan of organised religion but astrophysicist Carl Sagan did say this about Hinduism:

"The Hindu religion is the only one of the world's great faiths dedicated to the idea that the Cosmos itself undergoes an immense, indeed an infinite, number of deaths and rebirths. It is the only religion in which the time scales correspond, to those of modern scientific cosmology. Its cycles run from our ordinary day and night to a day and night of Brahma, 8.64 billion years long. Longer than the age of the Earth or the Sun and about half the time since the Big Bang. And there are much longer time scales still".

Carl Sagan

Cheers.

The Hindu religion is the oldest in the world of which all other religions are based. The wisdom in the Vedas is the same wisdom as the Bible although easier to understand.
I am not a fan of organised religion either but am a big fan of the TRUTH (whereever one finds it) and am a huge fan of the love and light of God.

Spacecowgirl, glad to hear you're a big fan of the truth - wherever it takes you - thats a very objective (and admirable) approach.

Don't know if you've seen this programme but would be interested to hear your thoughts and opinions about it - whatever they are.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Can someone summarize that for me, plz?

Tell me if the math adds up and if it's just coincidence and superstition.

It looks like someone already has summarized it in the book
referred to above www.finalevent.info...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trank31337
reply to post by spacecowgirl

I believe that Meher Baba was Kalki or the White Horse Avatar. 2012 or around that time may be it. Ahhhh so exciting!

That is interesting and have found some quotes that may interest you:
Blavatsky's "Isis Unveiled," vol. 2. (page 237)

"Do we take up the "Avesta" [ancient Persian
Bible] - we find there the dual system so
prevalent in the Christian scheme. The struggle
between Ahriman [Satan], Darkness, and Ormazd,
Light, has been going on in the world
continually since the beginning of time. When the
worst arrives and Ahriman will seem to have
conquered the world and corrupted all mankind,
then will appear the Savior of mankind, Saoshyant.
He will come seated upon a white horse and
followed by an army of good genii equally mounted
on milk-white steeds. And this we find faithfully
copied in Revelation: "I saw heaven opened,
and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon
him was called faithful and true ... And the
armies which were in heaven followed him upon
white horses"
(Revelation xix, 11, 14). Saoshyant himself is
but a later Persian permutation of the Hindu
Vishnu. The figure of this god may be found unto
this day representing him as the Savior, the
"Preserver" (the preserving spirit of God), in
the temple of Rama. The picture shows him in his
tenth incarnation - the Kalki-avatara, which is
yet to come - as an armed warrior mounted upon
a white horse. Waving over his head the sword of
destruction, he holds in his other hand a discus
[also said to represent chakras], made up of rings
encircled in one another, an emblem of the
revolving cycles of great ages,for Vishnu will
thus appear but at the end of the Kali-yuga,
answering to the end of the world expected by our
Adventists. "And out of his mouth goeth a sharp
sword ... on his head were many crowns"
(Revelation xix, 12, 15).
Vishnu is often represented with several crowns
superimposed on his head. "And I saw an angel
standing in the Sun" (17). The white horse is the
horse of the Sun.
Saoshyant, the Persian Savior, is also born of a
virgin, and at the end of days he will come as a
Redeemer to regenerate the world, but he will be
preceded by two prophets, who will come to
announce him. Hence the Jews who had Moses and
Elias, are now waiting for the Messiah. "Then come
the general resurrection, when the good will
immediately enter into this happy abode - the
regenerated earth; and Ahriman and his angels
(the devils),and the wicked, be purified by
immersion in a lake of molten metal ...
Henceforward, all will enjoy unchangeable happiness,
and, headed by Saoshyant,ever sing the praises of
the Eternal One." The above is a perfect
repetition of Vishnu in his tenth avatara, for he
will then throw the wicked into the infernal
abodes in which, after purifying themselves, they
will be pardoned - even those devils which
rebelled against Brahma, and were hurled into the
bottomless pit by Shiva; as also the "blessed ones"
will go to dwell with the gods, over the Mount
Meru."

To quote Blavatsky about Vishnu: "And now again
he re-enters into the golden egg of His Thought,
the germs of all that exist, as the divine Manu
tells us. During His peaceful rest, the animated
beings, endowed with the principles of action,
cate their functions, and all feeling (manas)
becomes dormant. When they are all absorbed in
the SUPREME SOUL, this Soul of all the beings
sleeps in complete repose, till the day when
it resumes its form, and awakes again from its
primitive darkness."

If we now examine the ten mythical avataras of Vishnu
we find them recorded in the following progression:
1. Mataya-Avatara: as a fish. It will also be his
tenth and last avatara, at the end of the Kali-Yuga.
2. Kurma-Avatara: as a tortoise.
3. Varaha: as a boar.
4. Nara-Sinha: as a man-lion; last animal stage.
5. Vamana: as a dwarf; first step toward the human form.
6. Parasu-Rama: as a hero, but yet an imperfect man.
7. Rama-Chandra: as the hero of Ramayana. Physically a
perfect man; his next of kin, friend and ally Hanuman,
the monkey-god. The monkey endowed with speech.
8. Krishna-Avatara: the Son of the Virgin Devaki, one
formed by God, or rather by the manifested Deity
Vishnu, who is identical with Adam-Kadmon. Krishna
is also called Kaneya, the Son of the Virgin.
9. Gautama Buddha, Siddhartha, or Sakyamuni. (The
Buddhists reject this doctrine of their buddha being
an incarnation of Vishnu.)
10.This avatara has not yet occurred. It is expected in
the future like the Christian Advent, the idea of
which was undoubtedly copied from the Hindu. When
Vishnu appears for the last time he will come as a
"Savior." According to the opinion of some Brahmans
he will appear himself under the form of the horse
Kalki. Others maintain that he will be mounting it.
This horse is the envelope of the spirit of evil,
and Vishnu will mount it,invisible to all, till he
has conquered it for the last time. The Kalki-Avatara,
or the last incarnation, divides Brahmanism into two
sects. That of the Vaishnava refuses to recognize the
incarnations of their god Vishnu in animal forms
literally. They claim that these must be understood
to be allegorical."

Now as to the white horse in the Bible: And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Thank you for your post.
Very insightful quote. I am interested in the link you posted but it doesn't seem to work?
Could you please post this again, thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11
The so-called repeating "Prophesys" in various religions, I believe can be explained that most religions started from the same base...of mythology..just repeated over and over and applied as people chose to apply them and usually totally out of context of the intent and without taking into consideration the time it was written and who the intended audience was.

There are only a very few base religions from which the rest have borrowed their stories/myths/propheys from.

The quote by Perseus Apex above your post actually says it all: 'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you2?' And again, 'I will dwell in them, and walk in them3.'

That is the basis of all true relgions that you are in God and God is in you. God = Love. Love thy neighbour as thyself- why? Because he is you and you are him. These are the basics. The truths that will set you free.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DXFILMS
Looks like you did your homework on this thread, star and flag for you

Ive always wondered how come lots of religions have similar prophecys, I think most of them have there astronomy and cosmology correct, but then they distort them with stories which i think are suppose to be metaphors, but of course the masses take them as nothing but truth.

Like the bible, i think most of the bible is a metaphor, teaching lessons, and theres lots of good lessons in the bible, i just find it sad when people read the bible and claim its 100% real and they claim the bible is history.

Thank you. I suppose that most religions have similar prophecies due to the fact enlightened beings wrote them and as such were shown/told the same things. I would be dubious of a religion which had completely different prohecies as I would wonder what SOURCE they came from

Yes a lot of the Bible is written in code for those with eyes to see and ears to hear:

"Eyes To See And Ears To Hear.
Understanding the word of God requires for us to have eyes that see and ears that hear. The spirit of God is our eyes and our ears. The spirit of God allows us to see and hear what God is saying in his word. The word of God is a spiritual book. It is written with many natural stories that have spiritual meanings. We cannot read the word of God with the natural mind. We must read the bible with a spiritual mind, having eyes to see and ears to hear.

Isaiah 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. In this scripture we can see that having eyes and ears mean to be able to understand. Many today do not have their eyes and ears open to understand the word of God. They remain in the flesh with a natural mind. They continue to understand God by what they know naturally. This leads to misinterpretation of the scripture."

www.spiritualbiblestudy.com...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by spacecowgirl]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
If I ever decide to start a religion or cult, and I start talking about the future, I don't think I would mention things like ...

3. Mammary glands will be born to the males of Cow, Goat, etc. and people will get milk from them.

Even if it's true, it will just turn your followers off and make it harder for people to take your beliefs seriously.

Seriously though, great work on the rest. Even as an athiest, I think there is a lot to learn from most, if not all, religions. Star for you.

Thank you for making me laugh- still chuckling at your post
Also thanks for the kudos although I am merely copy and pasting what some great thinkers have put together.

However, i did find some websites with hermaphrodite goats and cows but the photos of their rear ends was a bit graphic for me to post here

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Spacecowgirl, glad to hear you're a big fan of the truth - wherever it takes you - thats a very objective (and admirable) approach.

Don't know if you've seen this programme but would be interested to hear your thoughts and opinions about it - whatever they are.

Cheers.

Thank you for your kind words. I haven't seen it before but it looks very interesting and something I must read- so thank you and I will add my comments on it, to your thread. Flag to you!

[edit on 5-1-2010 by spacecowgirl]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
great thread....S&F for you

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I thought animism was mankinds first religion albeit a very primitive one.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Most of what you say is allegorical/metaphorical. Taking things too literally you arrive at [SNIP]. They are occult (or) hidden (i.e) truth mixed in with darkness. If you want to know about the rider of the white horse its Muhammed (PBUH), wielding a sword and decapitating THE EVIL ONES. About your quote about wealth arriving to India, could be... but that has nothing to do with religion/spiritualism/God. Human beings are just that human being, there is NO NATIONALISM in religion/truth. Apparently someone is more interested in stories and following some crazy baba rather than reading the holy scriptures

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Why does everyone keep saying that they are a fan of 'god'????????

There is no god.

And, if you think there is try telling that to the people born with birth defects or other people that got a cr4p deal.

There is no god, all seeing and knowing and it's as simple as that.

All the good stuff has been thanks to man and man's desire for knowledge.

Thank god for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleClaw
concerning Daniels prophecie..
Did Daniel say that the countries would never unite? I think Daniels prophecies will fail hard when the one world government gets here unless of coarse the rock that smashed the statue/kingdoms is the nwo, Im sure they think they are anyways.

The prophecy describes the succession of Gentile Kingdoms that will impact on God and His people from Babylon until God's Kingdom rules.

Gold = Babylon
Silver = Medes/Persians
Bronze = Greece
Iron = Rome

The final part of the prophecy concerning the final kingdom...
...is represented by a conclomerate of Iron and Clay.

This is pretty much what we have at present...
...an alliance of Western countries that grew out of the Roman empire (Iron)...
...who have arrangements with weaker powers that are not of Roman origin (Clay)...
...by way of treaty and economic arrangements.

Here it is from Daniel 2:

41 "And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay."

A distinction is made in the prophecy between the feet and the toes...
...although they are made of the same materials...
...there are additional features not always understood by early expositors...
...there are clues here that we are entering or are already in the 'time of the toes'

42 "And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

There are two ways this is understood...
...earlier interpretations have thought the mingling is interracial marriage or union...
...but that 'not cleaving' refers to the retention of national identities.

More recently some have realized that the 'they' is not and is 'other than' 'the seed of men'...
...implying that some lifeform other than the 'seed of men' will mingle with men.

This could be referring to a hybridization or a sharing of power...
...between 'the seed of men' and non-human beings...
...and the 'not cleaving' either means that they don't or can't reproduce with humans...
...or that their power and identity remains divided or separate from the 'seed of men'.

So although this final world power is regarded as a single authority...
...it will remain a conclomerate until it is replaced with God's Kingdom...
...that is coming soon to a planet near you...
...at the very least there will be ten kings represented by the ten toes.

44 "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

This prophecy has been correct for about 2500 years now...
...so there is a good chance it will unfold as predicted.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join