It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have we searched for Atlantis everywhere?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is just a random idea that hit me a few days back..
I can not recall ever hearing that Archaologists or so searched the Rifts underwater..
Is it just me, or did we miss out on possible locations here?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
To the best of my knowladge people have searched for Atlantis according to Plato's wirtings.

It is worth noting that plato wrote about Atlantis a very long time after it was destoryed (about 9000 years) and being a philosopher, I think its possible Atlantis was to be part of a philophosical dialouge by Plato that he never finished as the book Atlantis is in Timaeus and Critias was unfinished.

I like the idea of Atlantis and it is possible that Plato heard about it in old stories so it could have existsed, massive volcanos and earthquakes have been known to destory entire islands or regions so again its possible that in a single day and night it was destroyed.

I dont think anyone has looked everywhere so if it exists maybe one day it will be found.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I dont believe we've looked under that big rock in my garden.
I mean, anything is possible right?

People believing Atlantis is real have not searched everywhere, of course. They just think it is everywhere, until someone actually find it. In which case, someone is bound to be correct.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
NO, of course we haven't.....bottom of the deep ocean (as you mentioned)....Antarctica...North Pole....But I think we've probably already discovered it and just don't know it! (Santorini is my guess)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
To the best of my knowladge people have searched for Atlantis according to Plato's wirtings.

It is worth noting that plato wrote about Atlantis a very long time after it was destoryed (about 9000 years) and being a philosopher, I think its possible Atlantis was to be part of a philophosical dialouge by Plato that he never finished as the book Atlantis is in Timaeus and Critias was unfinished.

I like the idea of Atlantis and it is possible that Plato heard about it in old stories so it could have existsed, massive volcanos and earthquakes have been known to destory entire islands or regions so again its possible that in a single day and night it was destroyed.

I dont think anyone has looked everywhere so if it exists maybe one day it will be found.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by jpmail]

Good point...it is also worth noting that the best the geographical description of the location of Atlantis also comes from Plato - "beyond the Pillars of Hercules," which literally leaves thousands of possibilities of where it might be.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
NO, of course we haven't.....bottom of the deep ocean (as you mentioned)....Antarctica...North Pole....But I think we've probably already discovered it and just don't know it! (Santorini is my guess)

That is a very interesting idea, and seems highly plausible to me.
Is it possible that Plato's Story of Atlantis was ment Metaphorical?
Possibly the bottom of the ocean was just a metaphor for maybe corruption, or greed.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Theres some good evidence pointing to south america as ATLANTIS comes from Mesoamerican and South American words: ATL meaning “water” and ANTA “copper”.

Then theres the mystery of egyptian mummies. How did they get coccaine and tobbaco in their mummified remains? Both of these are only found in south america. Theres is a large chunk of mans history missing and I think its pre dates 1600BC. This when the biggest (or 2nd i cant remember) volcano eruption in mans history.

Man was seafaring between these continents long before we give them credit for and dont forget man has been found to be ship builders as far back as 10000 years ago. So Ship building technology could have been used to sail the vast ocean as they has plenty of time to figure it out. If it wasnt for Thera erupting man wouldnt have lost all that knowledge and maybe thats why we started to write knowledge down so it wouldnt be lost...

www.atlantisrevealed.com...
www.atlantisbolivia.org...
www.straightdope.com... aine-mummies
www.channel4.com... aine-mummies
[edit on 9-3-2010 by loner007]

[edit on 9-3-2010 by loner007]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
Theres some good evidence pointing to south america as ATLANTIS comes from Mesoamerican and South American words: ATL meaning “water” and ANTA “copper”.

Then theres the mystery of egyptian mummies. How did they get coccaine and tobbaco in their mummified remains? Both of these are only found in south america. Theres is a large chunk of mans history missing and I think its pre dates 1600BC. This when the biggest (or 2nd i cant remember) volcano eruption in mans history.

Man was seafaring between these continents long before we give them credit for and dont forget man has been found to be ship builders as far back as 10000 years ago. So Ship building technology could have been used to sail the vast ocean as they has plenty of time to figure it out. If it wasnt for Thera erupting man wouldnt have lost all that knowledge and maybe thats why we started to write knowledge down so it wouldnt be lost...

Ok IF you were right possibly it would explain why no evidence was ever found, but can you back up your claims? Maybe insert some Links to prove what your saying is true..

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
NO, of course we haven't.....(Santorini is my guess)

i think i agree with you, planet earth is so vast and it could be anywhere... it could be buried in the desert or soaked on the deepest ocean. But there are also several factors at play here, they will need a great deal of money to assemble a crew for expeditions, for research, etc. and of course time and effort. Well there is also the possibility that it may not even exist that's why it still haven't been found yet

[edit on 9-3-2010 by lottowinner649]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Very few archaeologists are even considering the possibility that Atlantis is real. None are actively "looking" for it.

This is because there is simply no reason whatsoever to believe that Atlantis ever existed. Hard to scrape up money to look for something that isn't even there to find.

Harte

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I believe the ones who operate in Secret have already found Atlantis, in what is now Antarctica. I submit the following for your consideration and comments:

Britain's Secret War in Antarctica

In 1938, Nazi Germany sent an expedition to Antarctica with a mission to investigate sites for a possible base and to make formal claims in the name of the Third Reich. To prepare them for their mission, they invited the great polar explorer Richard E. Byrd to lecture them on what to expect. The following year, a month after hostilities had commenced in Europe, the Germans returned to Neuschwabenland to finish what had been started, with many suggesting that a base was being constructed.

Nine years later, Richard E. Byrd, who by now had become an Admiral in the United States Navy, was sent to Antarctica with the largest task force ever assembled for a polar mission. In Admiral Byrd’s own words, the mission (code-named Highjump) was "primarily of a military nature".1 Many claim that the task force was sent to eradicate a secret Nazi base in Queen Maud Land, which the Nazis had renamed Neuschwabenland (click image right) and which had never been explored as profoundly as the rest of the Antarctic.

Britain's Secret War in Antarctica

The OMEGA File NAZI BASES IN ANTARCTICA

After all the data was gathered, deep underground construction teams came pouring into the renamed "Neu-Schwabenland". They came on cargo ships, military transport ships, and submarines. The cargo ships coming from South Africa were protected by a host of killer-submarines and military ships. This might explain the intense Nazi war efforts in North and South Africa.
Any ship that even came close to the shipping routes from South Africa to Antarctica were destroyed by German U-boats to protect the secret. After all the goods were brought, the VIPs and scientists started to show up with a compliment of ULTRA, a highly specialized Nazi SS team like our MJ-12. ULTRA has always been in control of Antarctica. ULTRA is the name of a secret alien interface agency in the NSA. Remember that the NSA has connections to both the Nazi S.S. and the Dulce base. According to contactee Alex Collier, the upper level members of the NSA-ULTRA group are cloned replicates or have been so heavily implanted, virtual cyborgs, that
they could be considered as being barely human -- automatons who are remotely controlled by the Greys' group ego or group mind. It is also noteworthy that ULTRA is also the NAME OF the Above Top Secret CIA-NSA-Alien base under the Archuleta plateau and peak northeast of DULCE, New Mexico. This might also explain Valdamar Valerian's insistence that early newspaper clippings just prior to the outbreak of World War II imply that "the Germans" were "all over" New Mexico exploring caves and mines, buying up property, and engaging in all sorts of mysterious activities. Could Antarctica be the real power behind the New World Order? If the Nazi
bases still exist in Antarctica then they would no doubt still have secret contact with the Bavarian cults which sponsored and were an integral part of the Nazi party, like the Bavarian THULE society for instance.

The OMEGA File

Antarctica

This relatively recent theory holds that Antarctica is Atlantis. Those who subscribe to this theory say that Antarctica wasn't always the ice-covered land at the bottom of the world, as it is today. The continent was once a tropical land situated on the Earth's equator, but was shifted to the South Pole due to a slippage of the planet's crust. This theory is described in great detail, with photos and maps, at Atlantis and the Earth's Shifting Crust. One of their main pieces of evidence is an alleged ancient Egyptian map of Atlantis, said to be published in a book by a German Jesuit priest in 1665. The map depicts "Atlantis" between the Americas and Africa (look at a globe from the bottom and Antarctica is indeed situated between South America and Africa). More intriguing, however, is the shape of Atlantis in this supposedly ancient map: it corresponds almost exactly to the shape of the land beneath all the ice of Antarctica - a shape that wasn't known until 20th century satellite imaging!

Antarctica

Related:
U.S. Denies "Spectacular Ruins" in Antarctica Captured on Video

RUINS OF KADATH FOUND IN ANTARCTICA?

So what does these articles tell us? I submit that the Lost Continent of Atlantis is beneath the ice of Antarctica, that the Nazis were the first ones to find things there, with the help of ET beings. I also believe strongly that the New World Order everyone talks about is based there. I believe that ancient artefacts were found there, and perhaps a Stargate was found there, allowing more ET technology to be implemented in the effort to enslave the whole of the world's population. A new Reich. The word, capitalized, means "Empire." May I suggest reading the book written by one of our valued members, Jim Marrs?
THE RISE OF THE FOURTH REICH

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Several of those links are viral promotion for some hack adventure novel. Kind of harms the credence of your post, there...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Very few archaeologists are even considering the possibility that Atlantis is real. None are actively "looking" for it.

This is because there is simply no reason whatsoever to believe that Atlantis ever existed. Hard to scrape up money to look for something that isn't even there to find.

Harte

you are right harte. because of their functional level of knowledge on any related topic, archaeologists would never participate in anything for "atlantis".

fortunately for the planet, the atlantis historical region includes several archaeo-mythological features that are marvels themselves. included in the list are the great temple complex of apollo, the real city of troy, the devils canal and the great vara of yima to name just a few. when these are pointed out to archaeologists they happily tap the public purse and away it goes. it is essential to uncover each of these features plus the big circles to make any of it fly. since these structures are what they are, the chips fall where they will.

geologists are quite different animals however. they fight for the circles. can't win any war against them. can't win a war without them since atlantis is a geological war first of all. putting a new sea on the map is a revolution.

had we looked everywhere? we actually hadn't looked anywhere.

have fun and be well.

top topics

join