It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Before linking to sify.com please take note of this:

Web Of Trust scorecard

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I wouldnt put much faith in WOT, alot of their warning are BS. would be better to just make sure your comp is secure.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I would agree with you fully on that, I was just saying be aware.

It has been my mission to correct WOT wherever possible.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
sraight hit on TOBA !!!!

event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 5.4
Date-Time Wednesday, December 01, 2010 at 00:50:21 UTC
Wednesday, December 01, 2010 at 07:50:21 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 2.622°N, 99.040°E
Depth 160.7 km (99.9 miles)
Region NORTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA
Distances 35 km (25 miles) S of Pematangsiantar, Sumatra, Indonesia
95 km (55 miles) WSW of Tanjungbalai, Sumatra, Indonesia
300 km (185 miles) WSW of KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia
1305 km (810 miles) NW of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 8.7 km (5.4 miles); depth +/- 10 km (6.2 miles)
Parameters NST= 58, Nph= 76, Dmin=15.6 km, Rmss=1.11 sec, Gp= 72°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=5
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0000hsm

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

thats a good idea I gave up on WOT when I updated firefox without the WOT addon I should at least get back on it to make corrections whenever I see them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw this at another post. They did not give a link but would this be related to volcanic activity?

More than 1000 snapper have been found floating off Northland's coast, mystifying Ministry of Fisheries staff. Some of the fish, founding off Ruakaka, 29km southeast of Whangarei, by recreational fisherman on Saturday, were sent to National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (Niwa) for testing, the Northern Advocate reported. MFish district compliance manager for Northland Darren Edwards said the fish were alive but "looked as if they had been stunned".

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I doubt it, there are no active volcano's in or near Northland, the nearest is White Island in the Bay of Plenty or way over Kermadec Ridge.

However something IS going on in the sea

"Mystery as oysters wiped out About half of the farmed oysters due for harvest next year have died mysteriously, prompting urgent testing by aquatic disease experts. In the past few weeks farmers of Pacific oysters around the upper North Island have discovered that up to 80 per cent of their juvenile oysters (spat) have died, with little impact on mature shellfish. Bays from Kawhia, south of Raglan, around Northland and as far east as Ohiwa Harbour, east of Whakatane, have been hit."

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is fantastic!
2km high lava fountains, is quite amazing!
The picture is impressive!

It's like Laki (Grimsvotn 1783 catastrophic lava eruption) with several lava fountains 1km high, it caused drastic volcanic winter in years following.

MAYBE, these powerful Kamchatka volcanoes is what is causing the very cold winters over the northern hemisphere in 2009 and 2010.

Originally posted by PuterMan
Picture this, a jet of lava up to 2.5 Km high!

Powerful jets of incandescent lava rise above the crater of a cinder cone along Kamchatka's Tolbachik south-flank rift zone in late-July 1975. This cinder cone, the first of three large cones formed along the northern part of the rift zone during the early stage of the eruption, began to grow on July 6. At times, powerful lava fountains rose 1-2.5 km above the vent and ash columns reached 10-18 km heights. After July 27, eruptions from the first cone became dominantly effusive. Activity at the first cone ceased on August 9. Photo by Oleg Volynets, 1975 (Institute of Volcanology, Petropavlovsk).

I am putting all the text here because this comes from a picture that is not on the main entry for the volcano and I have no idea how to point at is since it is part of the spotlight series.

Main data for Tolbachik

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The Tungurahua volcano in Equador has erupted: thread started here

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Linkypoos

Major worldwide volcanic eruptions

Decade Volcanoes 1
Decade Volcanoes 2

Merapi Magma Chambers

...addin' these to the blog shortly so thought I post them here as well.

edit on 6/12/2010 by PuterMan because: to correct a link

edit on 6/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What's up with that? A VEI7 volcano? That's certainly doom!

Campi Flegrei VEI7

Earthquakes in the last 12 hours...

2010-12-06 15:58:57 2.3 13 Km Read
2010-12-06 16:26:26 2.6 11 Km Read
2010-12-06 07:45:38 4.8 30 Km Read
2010-12-06 07:45:39 4.8 35.20 Km Read
2010-12-06 07:30:34 5.6 30 Km Read
2010-12-06 07:30:32 5.7 21.00 Km Read

Hopefully it doesn't blow... otherwise... big doom... last eruption 39 000+ years ago.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hey Vitch, that is not good news. Nothing doing on the war front then so you though you would see if you could rumble a few volcanoes?

CF is supposedly a possible on the last info I heard so a swarm (if it is) is not good. Yes it is was biggie and could be once again so thanks for flagging this. A big one there quite apart from the massive devastation because they decided to build a city in a caldera may also affect the unstable seamount the name of which escapes me at present.

Edit: OK, I am confused now. Where are you getting this information?

I can find no quakes in the box 40.78E/14.03N x 40.85E/14.2N

The only current quake is in the 'toe' of Italy that I can see.

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2010-12-08T06:05:33.000Z,39.20000,16.45000,3.1000,7.0000,SOUTHERN ITALY

More Edit OK Box?: The sea mount is Marsili

edit on 8/12/2010 by PuterMan because: Bah box, can't you read?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Does it seem a coincidence that when Iceland stood up to the predatory central banking system they got hit with an eruption. Does HAARP do earthquakes?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Yeah it seems that RSOE screwed that up... no earthquake... Doom canceled! Damn you RSOE!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Never mind, it happens.

Possible doom here though just in case you are disappointed at the lack of doom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Never mind, it happens.

Possible doom here though just in case you are disappointed at the lack of doom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and your right i was disappointed
lol

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A volcano in Kamchatka that hasn't erupted since the 20s (and that in a small way) erupted today.

KIZIMEN VOLCANO (1000-23)
55°08'N, 160°19'E; Elevation 8,151 ft (2,485 m)
CURRENT AVIATION COLOR CODE IS RED
PREVIOUS AVIATION COLOR CODE IS ORANGE

Strong explosive eruption of the volcano occur. Ash explosions up to 10 km (or 32,800 ft) ASL possible at any time. Ongoing activity could affect international and low-flying aircraft.

Strong explosive eruption of the volcano began at 19:57 UTC on December 12. According to visual data from Kozyrevsk, ashfalls occur at present time in the village. Color of ash is grey. Smells of sulfur perceptible in air.

Several new fumaroles were formed at Kizimen volcano in middle of November 2010. Seismic activity of the volcano significant increased from December 09. A bright thermal anomaly with maximum temperature appeared over the volcano from 01:10 UTC on December 10.

History of Kizimen eruptions unknown. We have scanty data about only one eruption in 1928-1929. Probably moderate explosive (or explosive-effusive) eruption was in that time. Tephrachronological data point out several catastrophic eruptions in evolution of this volcano.
www.kscnet.ru...

www.kscnet.ru...

From KVERT
www.kscnet.ru...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Aviation warning (via Google translation)

Volcano Kizimen
Aviation Color Code : RED

At 19:57 UTC there was a strong eruption of the volcano. There is a danger of a catastrophic volcanic eruption. Ash plumes above 10 km asl possible at any time. Aerosol and ash plumes may be a danger for flights on international and local airlines.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am sure Sir Puterman will disagree with me
but,.
I am still gonna go with,
regardless of some data that suggests otherwise,
I am saying that the earth is warming internally and
this is contributing to an increase in activity.

No I wont even bother to pretend to be factual, just a hunch.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No don't get me wrong, I did not disagree with you as such. What I challenged you to do was to prove your point that there is increased activity. It is after all reasonable to ask for your 'sources' in the time honoured of ATS debunking. Now occasionally something can only be defined by 'gut instinct' or a 'hunch'. but the activity of volcanoes can be defined by the number erupting at any given time and the amount of ejecta.

If as an example you could look at the figures and say there were 45 eruptions and 2.3 cu km of ejecta in 2009 and 56 eruptions and 3.5 cu km of ejecta in 2010 then you have, as far as I am concerned, proven your point. That is all I was asking you to do.

I am a little short of time at present but after reading your comment about the increase in activity you perceive I started down the route of doing my own set of figures. This is the proper way of going about this. You do a set, I do a set and then we see if we agree. If we don't then we analyse where the differences lie. At the end of the day we should end up with a definitive answer that we can quote.

Unfortunately Her Majesty the Queen has not seen fit to make me a Knight so regrettably the title Sir is one to which I am not entitled.

edit on 13/12/2010 by PuterMan because: Digital Dyslexia rools KO

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58 >>

join