It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A rolex watch?!?!
In all seriousness, Things really do seem to be picking up lately. It's like you wake up everyday & the 1st thing you do is click on the news wondering what happened next while you were sleeping!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Oh great a volcano watch now too? Do we really need one of these?

Ok the way things are going, we do need a volcano watch.

Sometimes I just have to see what I'm thinking.

While You're thinking about it, we could also use a

Tsunami watch

a rogue wave watch

a sky anomaly watch

A meteorite watch

A comet watch

A rogue planet watch

A rolex watch

Oh, and if any one has some old broken Rolexes lying around the house. Send them my way cause I fix 'em.

This is a good Idea SnF.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by randyvs]

hehehe oooo your making everybody on ats crack up ,
but all in seriousness i thought that we do need a volcano watch thread but if you feel we really NEED A ROLEX WATCH THREAD by all means get it started. i for one lack a rolex watch supply.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I just called it up (47 min after your post) and noticed 5 bright spots. I assmue 4 are gas vents. The other one is an indirect shining from behind the top.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
uncertain - which watch - to post this

www.ess.washington.edu... - last quake yesterday

this is a better view of activity if you didn't click the links contained therein,
www.ess.washington.edu...

and then, there is this volcano.wr.usgs.gov... -

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Anmarie96]

Note to self - be extremely specific at all times in posts -

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok ... I will side with the op in this.. The activity on the planet is actin up. So why not a Volcano thread? I will go out on a limb here and say .. We will see more volcanic activity in the next few years.. So YES this thread is a good Idea... Cheers.... Clink

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Unfortunately you could die waiting for updates on that cam.

Last one was on the 4th at 01:05:03. The one you looked at.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Linking to this post in Quake Watch 2010 as there are potentially several volcanoes involved.

Just thought you might be interested. (Mind you you pretty much all go to that thread anyway
)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't know the anme of the volcano, but a radio program was talking about a volcano that is east of Florida. It's on an island and if it went up a large part of the island might fall into the ocean and cause a tsunami here. I looked at the Verde Islands and Canary Island, but I didn't recognize any of the names. Maybe you can help me.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

I found this and maybe some of the names will jog your memory...it's quite a cool little site. Kick 'em Jenny is my favourite!

www.caribbeanvolcanoes.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

caitlinfae is probably right in suggesting the Caribbean. [love that name as well
]

The only other possibility is the Azores, but that is quite some way out in the Atlantic.(about 3000 miles from Florida)

This link gives the names of them in the Azores. You should save this as John Search has some very good volcano information.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Source for below

Saturday 6th March 2010
Eyjafjoll volcano, Iceland
An earthquake swarm began under Eyjafjoll volcano in January 2010. There was a 40 mm inflation of the volcano. At the beginning of March 2010 over 3000 earthquakes were measured in a 24 hour period, with a maximum at magnitude 3.1. The last eruptions at Eyjafjoll volcano were in 1821-23.
More on Eyjafjoll volcano...
Volcanoes of Iceland...

Just spotted this one in John Search's news.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks for your suggestions. I think I found it, althought it is quiet at present. Cumbre Vieja volcano, La Palma, Canary Islands. It has potential for a mega tsunami.

Didn't Montserrat go off right around the Haiti 7.0. No one thinks they were related. Seems likely to me. Just sayin....

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

You know I just typed this all out

Hi Zachi,

You are thinking of the Canary Islands - the Island is La Palma and the Volcano name is Cumbre Vieja. The Volcano flank is complete instable and would not need much for it to slip into the sea creating a major Tsunami. Any time I see a quake anywhere this area my hair stands on end.

I hope that helps and here's a link www.rense.com...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Anmarie96]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Anmarie96]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yes, thank you. I think it is interesting that in Spanish this volcano is an "old girl" -- "Veija"
It's been 60 years she's been a good ole girl, hope she continues napping.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Undersea Vulcano East Pacific Ridge?

There where some quakes on the border of Pacific and Nazca plates. The Nazca Plate moving might make space for vulcanic activity.

07.03.2010 07:05:25.0 16.03 S 115.33 W 6.3 I found that, but on quake watch 2010 it was lower. and another one bevore durind the night (here in Europe)

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Interesting one to keep a watch on. That is the next patch over from the Azores, and around 4000 miles from Florida. As a comparison, Hawaii is about 6400 miles from Chile and the tsunami was a bit of a non-event really. Being closer this one would possibly have more effect.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I just received this in an e-mail as a response to a question that was asked.

Hi again Grace !

Thank you for your new e-mail and question.

Yes, Mt. St. Helens, with respect to Eruption Pro 10.7's forecasting, is scheduled to possibly erupt in 2010
with 100% probability. To date, it HAS NOT erupted. I know it seems a little confusing but that is because
of the complex mathematics involved when it is calculating forecasts.

Many thanks again Grace !

Respectively,

INTERNATIONAL VOLCANO RESEARCH CENTRE

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

So let me get this straight.

Mt St. Helens is POSSIBLY going to erupt with 100% PROBABILITY and the fact that it has not yet is to do with the complicated mathematics.

Now forgetting about the ones under Mag 1.0 St Helens has had 60 quakes in the last 400 days, the largest of which was Mag 2.9

The cumulative plot for Mount St Helens over that past 365 days looks like this.

This is a straight linear of the magnitude for the past 365 days

Unless this changes dramatically I don't see this as a potential erupter just yet, and anyway Mother Nature flunked Maths. She tends to work more on non-mathematical Chaos theory when it comes to volcanoes!!

Gee, I was not going to say it but that site - International Volcano Research Centre - hurts my eyes. They claim to have a dozen or more 'awards' one of which says that "you have now mastered web design". It is almost, but not quite, ranking top in the "Most Appalling Web Site" awards that we run privately. (Somehow I don't think they would be interested in that one). Rank amateur site that should never have been awarded anything.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Gee, your almost a bad as me - Agreed, but, they do try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join