It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let what you think you "know" get in the way of learning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A good quote i would have to say so myself. Sadly, you do not realize you were doing it until you have gone past it. just like someone switching from MSM to conspiracies. They thought they knew it, and then stood corrected.

One must ask themselves, can we truly correct ourselves? If you can be true to yourself, you can say you were wrong quite a few times when you were positive you were right. It happens to everyone, its not a good nor bad thing. its neutral, just like everything.

When one thinks they have mastered the world, all its secrets and its truths, that is when ignorance kicks in. Truth is a very interesting word, and to attribute it to mans actions is kind of ignorant in itself. Its a contradiction, let me explain.

To say "I know the truth about JFK" is to say i am JFK. Very immature, ignorant, and quite frankly, stupid.

If it needs verifying, don't waste your time on it. this is where we get caught up in pointless arguments and nasty emotions towards one another. everyone thinks they are right. another word to describe it, Ego.

Mind you, this information is not for the "physical" person. or materialistic, its probably something that will get you mad. something i experienced in my last thread, so, if you think that there is no life after death, spare you comment and leave now. This is for us "eternals"
( Sigh, i hate stereo typing, but its for the ones that think differently and need stereo typing to understand different types of people)

The Ego, something we all inevitably have. Some on "the path to enlightenment" have started to notice their ego, and started to combat it. In relation, the bible calls it fighting the devil.

In my last thread, which you could but is not necessary to look at for this, i stated that i had been going through a change in intention and reality. I also stated that the ego is something i am trying to get rid of, but have not completed yet. this is where other people jumped in, asking me if i would sacrifice my life for Kim jon il, or Hitler, and for both i stated yes.

I guess some people don't understand when you feel unconditional love for the world and everything in it, this also means "Bad scary people".

i said i gave all my stuff away, which some people found hard to believe and i do not blame them. In doing so, i was able to find something out that i think should be of great interest to others here on ATS.

Giving can be a need. not a want, a need. something you long to do. the only thing you long to do. the only thing that will bring you pleasure and joy. once again, when i said this people jumped in saying "Whats so wrong with having fun playing video games, getting a good car, and having a hot girlfriend?" basically stating that i was bashing them for not doing the same. they obviously missed my point of nothing is good nor bad.

Then someone said give away my computer and never post on ATS again.

Ouch, for a guy trying to rid of the ego, that hurt

Then i came to realize some people may not like me for what i am doing. In comparison to the bible "the Devil fearing The Spirit of Jesus".

I am not saying the bible is the almighty correct way of looking at things, If anything i would say do not look at it unless you desire to. But its parables are quite interesting once you look at them from a higher state of consciousness.

In conclusion, i think the quote should be "Don't let your ego get in the way of learning". Because in definition, what you know is your ego.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Mind you, this information is not for the "physical" person. or materialistic, its probably something that will get you mad. something i experienced in my last thread

I think you got that reaction because your post had a sanctimonious, self righteous quality; ironic considering the theme of this thread. FFS you seem to compare yourself to Jesus at one point in this thread! (not to mention calling yourself Gandhi in the first place!)

A further irk is that we all know that you don’t really buy into what your saying anymore than we doubters do. For example you derisively state:

I guess some people don't understand when you feel unconditional love for the world and everything in it, this also means "Bad scary people".

But you demonstrably don’t either; it’s all well and good to say you would give up your life even for someone like Hitler but it’s a different thing entirely to actually do it.

Have you enquired about giving up a kidney yet? Part of your liver? Bone marrow perhaps? I tend to doubt it.

The real caring among us are out living in disease ridden slums; poverty stricken countries; comforting people on death row, people who most would call vile but they do it. These people don’t have the time to tell the world about their exploits.

i said i gave all my stuff away, which some people found hard to believe and i do not blame them.

That’s because you haven’t, you gave away what you didn’t want; anyone can do that! You’ve kept all the stuff that you think will keep you satisfied (i.e. your computer). I do the same thing every couple of months, how great am I for giving away all those books I’ve already read and the shirts I no longer wear?

In conclusion, i think the quote should be "Don't let your ego get in the way of learning".

Amazing coming from someone who has just said “I am not saying the bible is the almighty correct way of looking at things … But its parables are quite interesting once you look at them from a higher state of consciousness.

I think you’re too concerned with being seen as good and enlightened than actually being good and enlightened.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I have no care how people look at me, and i do not see myself above the druken hobo.

I am merely expressing myself, and look at the contradiction to your reply in comparison to this thread. you might find it quite paradoxical.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Gandhi

Assumption is the mother of all....(you know the rest). Assume you know nothing and work from there.

Peace

[edit on 4/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Erm so have you looked into organ donation? Are you thumbing through charity booklets looking for a place to go and help out? Have you given any thought to giving up the possessions that actually mean something to you yet?

If not then all I see here are a lot of platitudes, very little substance and a ton of “how enlightened am I?”

top topics

join