It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know who rules the world?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Ok, the people are angry enough.

And the leaders have no understanding.

So, what is stopping the revolution?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Nyrossius Maxim

But, if reality is illusory, then I guess we ( or maybe the Omnipotent One inside us ) is controlling everything.

If I (We) control everything, why can I not seize control and guide my own path if I am the one who trully controls my own destiny?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

Everyone makes choices and reaps the consequences,good or bad. God will deal with everyone individually.

I struggled with that concept of Predestination for so long it made my head spin!

I just think God knew ahead of time what would happen. But I still can't comprehend whether some people are "destined" to believe in Him while others aren't. Because that means some are meant to be "saved" and others are doomed to destruction.

We just can't fully know the mind of God. We're not meant to.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

You say,

Were all just "slaves to the script".

It sounds alot like predetermination"

And to me,there is some comfort in that! I don't feel as though we are "slaves",though I do wonder "Why" sometimes! Why any of this?

Perhaps you feel like you are in control?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

The mystic answer ( i.e. reality is in our minds ) is to meditate and recreate our reality- perception is 90% reality, right?

Of course that answer may not satisfy everyone, and it doesn't always satisfy me. I find that my views go back and forth a lot- from external to internal views of reality: when the frustration of not being in control ( of the external reality) gets to be too much, then I go back to the mystic view of life being illusory. Life is about the experience and not necessarilly the destination.

If that makes any sense

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lamina

Ok, the people are angry enough.

And the leaders have no understanding.

So, what is stopping the revolution?

Checks

The money keeps flowing to those who need it most.

To some it means $1 Billion, to others it means $1 Million, and to others $100.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

...when the frustration of not being in control ( of the external reality) gets to be too much, then I go back to the mystic view of life being illusory.

It really is about control.

Controlling external aspects of reality.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Which leads to my basic disagreement ( no hard feelings, though
) with Christianity: If God is all powerfull and His will always fulfilled, then how can He hold us accountable for what He determined us to do? And, if God truly gave us free will, then anything we choose will still accomplish His will, so, again, how can He punish us for executing His perfect will?

Are we really here simply to serve a God who, in the end, might just throw us in fiery hell? Too many human-like attributes connected with that perception of God, in my opinion.

And if we can never fully understand God's will, should we even try? Are we really just supposed to blindly accept everything allegedly said by God, through human filters? Jesus said seek and you shall find, so I will continue to seek.

Sorry if this has gotten off topic

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hi there sorry I'm gonna be fussy. The question is who rules the human race not the world because no one rules the world other than maybe the sun. Which is funny because the people in control of us humans are sun worshipers, so I heard. I think money rules the human race and soon they may take over the world economy and then were in the poo. I think one or ones at the top like being called 'they', but that is the ultimate secret isn't it who is 'they'.
Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

You say,

Were all just "slaves to the script".

It sounds alot like predetermination"

And to me,there is some comfort in that! I don't feel as though we are "slaves",though I do wonder "Why" sometimes! Why any of this?

Perhaps you feel like you are in control?

Yes,to the extent that I make my own choices in my personal life. (Though I pray for God's guidance. I also believe in "divine intervention" in ways I can't comprehend at the time,but in looking back certainly feels "planned".)

Clearly,these "leaders" have made choices to do the things they do also.

We all serve someone though,in my opinion. I choose to serve the Lord!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

If God is all powerfull and His will always fulfilled, then how can He hold us accountable for what He determined us to do? And, if God truly gave us free will, then anything we choose will still accomplish His will, so, again, how can He punish us for executing His perfect will?

You're not one of those free thinking people who is not under control are you?

Do you fancy yourself as a rebel to your predetermined destiny?

Do you reject authority figures? Perhaps a parental figure such as a mother (Matriarch) or a father (Patriarch) figure?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Oh, no! I've been exposed!

Free thinker? Yup.

Rebel? Guilty, but not just for the sake of rebellion, I just have a hard time accepting ideas like "it's always been that way so deal with it!"

To me, freedom is the highest virtue.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Free thinker? Yup.

Rebel? Guilty, but not just for the sake of rebellion, I just have a hard time accepting ideas like "it's always been that way so deal with it!"

An innovator

A rebel

A free thinker

A non-conformist

Do you not accept Jesus as your savior then?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Believe me,these days,being a "Fundamentalist Christian" IS being a rebel!

And God has always known me to be rebellious,which of course,has brought me trouble in the past!

Now I'm on the side of "Good",and I hope to be useful to God and bring Him glory.

Just wanted to chime in again before I go to bed!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
aliens do. they manipulate the world thru the network of secret societies of which masonry is a part. what sort of aliens is the question.
there are probably half breeds around at the top too.

icke says reptilians.

if you believed most ufo reports, you'd say greys.

if you look at archaeology you might say the elongated head race.

or there might be a few other candidates.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I like the symbolic aspect of Jesus quite a bit. I have serious questions about any literal interpretation, however. Love, charity, service-to-others, tolerance, non-judgement- all good ideas, imo. Did the infinite God walk the earth in a finite human body? Not so sure. Virgin birth, death and bodily resurrection? I'm just not convinced. When the fear of hell was strong ( when I was a child attending church and hearing hell-fire and brimstone sermons ) my faith in that belief system was strong.

Current working hypothesis ( and keep in mind, this is just opinion, so don't expect any references here ): God is infinite energy, or spirit. In order for God ( and I really don't like the label of "God" as it conjures up a very singular perception ) to experience all of infinity, the physical universe was created. " All That Is " knows no limit ( infinite ). "God" exists in every atom of every inch of existence, including that which we have yet to discover. This perfect existence contains a holy balance: creation, destruction, good, evil, abundance, poverty, etc, etc. Since this Source exists outside of time, questions of fate vs. freewill are only relevant to us, trapped in time. Sin, to me, is the illusion that we are separate from "God" and hell is the terror that results from this apparent separation, but we cannot evict "God" from ourselves, much less anything else, so we just need to "remember" our "Source" to find that inner peace.

I hope that doesn't sound New Agey, because I don't really care for that belief system either.

I guess we all have to figure it out for ourselves, but, I believe, as long as we are seeking, then we're on the "right" path.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

When the fear of hell was strong ( when I was a child attending church and hearing hell-fire and brimstone sermons ) my faith in that belief system was strong.

"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

Remember that?

God is the same now as He ever was. It's we people who always go off after something "new and improved".

Be a rebel! Live by faith! (It really infuriates the "intellectuals"!)

G'nite!

[edit on 4-1-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Can anyone honestly answer this question for me?

I'm not even gonna throw any names out there, just to keep it clean.

Ok who's first?

Yes I can. It is the ideas and/or emotions and will, in other words - projections. It has been established long time ago - from Buddha, Jainism, Yoga, ... up to Descartes, Spinoza, ... Castaneda and ... many others.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
"Do you not accept Jesus as your savior then?"

This is my problem with religion right here.

Whats happens if we don't accept Jesus? Are we unworthy now? Despite being good individuals that contribute to the betterment of mankind?

I consider myself a good person willing to help those in need. I don't need some damned book telling I will burn in hell if I don't believe in Jesus. Fear mongering is a tool that is too often used for evil purposes.

Don't get me wrong, I value you as a brother and fellow human but I have to be frank, organized religion is rubbish!

Society needs much more emphasis put on education. Education is the key to mankind's future. People gain a better understanding of themselves when they have a better understanding of the world around them.

The Internet will play a major role for good if mankind is to survive. It is really helping people worldwide become more connected lifting the veil of ignorance. People are educating each other and are uniting in a way they never have before.

We may be in the midst of a revolution as we speak and not even realize it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The seven leaders of the black pope, or the Jesuit order. and it is pretty scary whey you look in to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

at last just been reading these posts and wanted to post this anyways,because i`ve mentioned about the catholic church(roman empire)having infiltrated all levels of society for neary a 100 years now and never got a star.so i would like someone to tell me that i`m wrong.from what i`ve gathered is that the jews ruling the world is just another smokescreen for the jesuits, and that they rule most of the other religions if not all and have put agents in every powerfull position across the globe secretly pulling the strings

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join