It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The next economic perfect storm should start mid-February. "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The title is in quotes because it is a quote and represents the views of the writer at the following source rather than my views, strictly speaking. I DO think more pain is a. and I DO think his predictions could very well prove correct, but I DO NOT like macroeconomic "date-setting," especially in the short term. Nevertheless, the events listed are rather disturbing, his argument is solid if simple, and the red lights are certainly flashing on the dashboard.

First, the source:
investment-blog.net...

To give a brief rundown of what is a brief article anyway, the author lists a number of converging crises. "Each individual event will have no visible effect, but combined will crash the economy," he states. He provides lists of events in the near future that he expects in the following areas: financial, tax-related, banking-related, "health reform effect," and employment. See link for complete list.

Basically, he predicts a quinti-directional trainwreck pileup that could entail the ruin of Fannie and Freddy as its most immediate impact, to be followed by more and deeper general economic doldrums and suffering.

Pour yassself a stiff nightcap if yer a drinkin' kinda person and savor the gloom, folks.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This is about the 4th time today that I have read about the Mid Feb coming crisis.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Nice find, S&F, makes sense too! if anyone wanted to crash the economy in a quite way, that'll be the way indeed.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I watched The Obama Deception and it seems NWO/Bilderberg watchdogs are warning that the bilderbergs plan is to lull us back into a false sense of security with the housing market, get everyone to put what little money they have back in the stock market, then crash it all. Whether you believe that or not, I do hope you have at least stopped adding money to your 401k. I really wish people would be more open minded about all this because I despair to think of all the people who will be ruined or dead because of their own insistence of blatant ignorance. Such a pity. Darwin always wins out, I guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

"Each individual event will have no visible effect, but combined will crash the economy," he states.

What a wacko.

What's with these people?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Thank goodness Daniel the blogger has put it all together.

I am still waiting for the GUARANTEES of the bank holiday that was possibly in August, September...if not then NOVEMBER!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99

Poor Daniel.

He probably has no idea what's really going on.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
How about this for a theory:

Rich people run the world.

What goes up must come down.

There are no guarantees in life.

The house always wins.

Here's some sound advice:

Invest wisely. Save your money. Work hard. Don't take the free lunch.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz
This is about the 4th time today that I have read about the Mid Feb coming crisis.

I've been saying it since last March.

Feb will show the true effects of 2009 .. especially the Christmas Season. If retailers failed to go Black this year, the impact on the economy will be catastrophic.. expect more 750,000+ job losses in single months..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

expect more 750,000+ job losses in single months.

So if no one is working what are they doing?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well I'm just playing Wow and waiting for 2012. What else is there to do

tongue and cheak!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Rockpuck

expect more 750,000+ job losses in single months.

So if no one is working what are they doing?

I don't know, but apparently 36 million Americans, including 1 in 4 children, use food stamps. And in addition, 6 million people are living on nothing but food stamps. I mean NOTHING: no welfare, no cash income, NOTHING.

That latter figure is up 50% in two years nationwide and up as much as 173% in some states.

So, yeah, I guess everything is OK, just think happy thoughts, click your heels and read "The Secret" again and everything will be just fine and dandy.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What a coincidence. R's fave group is gonna meet Feb. 4-6

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99

I am still waiting for the GUARANTEES of the bank holiday that was possibly in August, September...if not then NOVEMBER!

Yes, as noted in the first post, I dislike such "date setting" as well.

And yes, the source is a lowly blogger of no particular repute...but then again, the fact that we are all (at least in our roles on ATS) even-lowlier messageboard posters means that none of us here have any particular repute, either. Furthermore, when have "the experts" ever agreed among each other and/or been majority-correct?

ALL of us have the responsibility to make up our OWN minds. Attack the message, not the messenger, sez I.

Peace,

ST

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
After a year gone by with nothing substantial done from either politcal affiliation to stimulate the economy long-term and remaining on the train-wreck-of-a-course that the nation has been on for a quarter century, it's obvious to me that 2010 will be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The few honest economists such as Peter Morici, Dean Baker, Nouriel Roubini and so on aren't afraid to tell it like it is and where we're going if the general economic and business policy in this country doesn't change - and that's total disaster.

We're literally being kept afloat by government stimulus programs and Federal Reserve printed money. You can't create jobs without consumer demand despite business kicking and screaming that they need more tax breaks to create jobs. Likewise, you can't maintain long-term economic stability without a manufacturing base.

I don't think that people realize how bad conditions in the U.S. will be very soon and it's scary. Most people just want to be optimistic and "hope for the best". That's fine but prayer isn't going to solve our problems or prevent catastrophe. The motto should be "prepare for the worst"

new topics

top topics

join