It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a funny thing happened to me the otherday when i was teaching friends alternative ways to start fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a cop rolled up and saw i had some brillo pads on table and threatened me with a ticket for having drug paraphernalia apparently crack addicts use brillo pads for smoking crack. the way i got out of it i showed the cop what we where doing and how it was something good to take camping he let me go with a warning. things are getting out of hand i am just glad he wasn't there 20 minutes later one of my friends came up smoking a blount.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ouch, sadly i think that blunt thing will get this thread in trouble.

Funnny post though

I've had a few similar experiences. Like when i made a floating device that could be used for "Drug mixing" what ever that means. I was 15 and i just liked making things that floated by themselves.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Reasonable and gracious law enforcement is an image of God. Most cops are decent if you don't treat them like they are jerks right of the bat. The ones that are more concerned with picking on you than making sure everyone is safe, well, they will reap what they sow and probably have a grievous/retarded personal life (I know many cops of good and bad nature). It is best to deal with them as they wish to be treated, which is with great respect. Once that bridge is crossed, the truly jerky cops are usually pretty cool as well. Just be sure and careful to cross that bridge or they might taze you.

And just for those who are still lacking maturity, I am using the word "retarded" above as a literal adverb, not a derogatory inconsideration.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
It is best to deal with them as they wish to be treated, which is with great respect.

Yeah that attitude didn't work out so well for the Jews. Ya know, God's people?
Anyways, I've no "mistaken identity of the object i was using" story to tell, but I have had cops bust into my appt. demanding to see the weed. Lol there was not a pinch of pot in the house it was extremely gratifying.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

So, how about telling us your alternative methods of starting a fire. I always thought you use the very fine brillo for fires and the crack heads use the thick brillo. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, it's sad these days that everything legal can be considered illegal by cops who take things out of context and create their own false perceptions.

Water is the fluid of life and we all need it to survive, but try to take a bottle into a ball game or on the airplane and your suddenly a criminal. What a bunch of BS.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Were you using the brillo and battery trick?

Using the brillo to arc between the battery terminals to make fire. One of my favorites!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Same thing happened to me.. Sorta. I was carrying an empty bottle with me (which I was carrying with me till I found a rubbish bin) and a Cop stopped me and asked if I had any cannabis on me(luckily I didnt). He then accused me of using the bottle to make a bong which I would then use to smoke some illegal herbs. Since he couldnt prove anything I also got off with a warning.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
he let you go with a warning , what warning dont carry brilo pad otherwise some dick cops gonna make an assumption that your a drug user. seriously what was his warning? and why didn't he suspect you were an arsonist. i wouldn't be able to help myself i treat cops like any other human i meet, they get the same respect i give anyone.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would not have accepted a warning for doing nothing wrong-If you accepted a warning,it means you accepted that thge cop thought you were doing something illegal.
You were not,and so should not have recieved any type of warning.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
yes the brillo with the 9 volt trick. other things i use to start fire when camping dryer sheets a fire starter rod and cheap pocket knife. packs of green heat starter gel work good too

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I second that, i really loathe when cops do that, it gets on my nerves and makes me dislike them, a lot

top topics

join