It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

They, The Rothschilds, own ALL of the world's Central Banks, ..... The Bank of England

no they do not own/control the Bank of England, it is www.bankofengland.co.uk...
"As a public organisation, wholly-owned by Government, and with a significant public policy role, the Bank is accountable to Parliament."

the only Central Banks in which they do not control/own are the Central Banks of :

Iran
North Korea
Sudan
Cuba
Libya

Bank of England
Reserve Bank of Australia
etc etc etc.

So you are very wrong

[edit on 6/1/10 by dereks]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As has been pointed out by several posters, some of those 33 arent "conspiracies" Manhattan Project, Operation Paperclip etc. And some of them just arent true...

One example....

Senator Prescott Bush recruiting Smedley Butler to lead a coup in 1933.......Prescott Bush did not get elected to the Senate until 1952.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Critical thinking demands that the most likely explanation is taken as the actual explanation, until evidence to the contrary is found.

But please, go on being irrational. It's fun to watch

OK, use the first definition. Rocket launches don't fail all the time, so yes, it is still a phenomenon, but still an explained one. Nowhere in any definition of "phenomenon" does it mention "unexplainable", which is what your tenuous argument hinges on.

Please, don't stop

Have you looked around ATS lately.
Did they take down the house sized CONSPIRACY signs?
Are you so self centered critiquing scientific journals that you are to ridged
to just let go once in a while?
Indulge yourself in a big juicy slice of doubt.
Are you just devastated every time you find out the earth is always
older than they told you last week?
How the heck did you survive Santa Claus?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Wow! some scary stuff. Thanks for the info.
I think I better get off these threads and stop asking these questions.
Yikes!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
As has been pointed out by several posters, some of those 33 arent "conspiracies" Manhattan Project, Operation Paperclip etc. And some of them just arent true...

One example....

Senator Prescott Bush recruiting Smedley Butler to lead a coup in 1933.......Prescott Bush did not get elected to the Senate until 1952.

Come on now swampy
Do you think he could have been Senator at the time of the writing?
And just plain ole- mien freund Herr Bush at the time?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

nope. next?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

nope. next?

Ok- are you related to or work in the same office as one that would challenge folks that have the goods on you and your masters from a conspiracy angle? Could you and Daveidious be a tag team?
Are you a Marxist? Do you torture animals in secret? Do you like my questions?
Do you Comprende

Terminology
Conspiracy theory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term "conspiracy theory" may be a neutral descriptor for any legitimate or illegitimate claim of civil, criminal or political conspiracy. To conspire means "to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or to use such means to accomplish a lawful end."[6] However, conspiracy theory is also used to indicate a narrative genre that includes a broad selection of (not necessarily related) arguments for the existence of grand conspiracies.[7]

The word "theory" is, in this usage, sometimes considered to be more informal as in "speculation" or "hypothesis" rather than mainstream scientific theory. Also, the term conspiracy is typically used to indicate powerful figures, often of the Establishment, who are believed to be deceiving the population at large, as in political corruption. Although some conspiracies are not actually theories, they are often labeled as such by the general populace.

The first recorded use of the phrase "conspiracy theory" dates from 1909. Originally it was a neutral term but during the political upheaval of the 1960s it acquired its current derogatory sense.[8] It entered the supplement to the Oxford English Dictionary as late as 1997.[9]

The term "conspiracy theory" is frequently used by scholars and in popular culture to identify secret military, banking, or political actions aimed at stealing power, money, or freedom, from "the people". Less illustrious uses refer to folklore and urban legend and a variety of explanatory narratives which are constructed with methodological flaws.[10] The term is also used in a pejorative sense to automatically dismiss claims that are deemed ridiculous, misconceived, paranoid, unfounded, outlandish or irrational. For example, the term "Watergate conspiracy theory" does not refer to the generally accepted version in which several participants actually were convicted of conspiracy, and others pardoned before any charges were filed, but to alternative and additional theories such as claims that that the source(s) of information called "Deep Throat" was a fabrication.[11]

Daniel Pipes, in an early essay "adapted from a study prepared for the CIA", attempted to define which beliefs distinguish 'the conspiracy mentality' from 'more conventional patterns of thought'. He defined them as: appearances deceive; conspiracies drive history; nothing is haphazard; the enemy always gains power, fame, money, and sex.[12]

According to West and Sanders, when talking about conspiracies in the Vietnam era, Pipes includes within the fringe element anyone who entertains the thought that conspiracies played a role in the major political scandals and assassinations that rocked American politics in the Vietnam era. "He sees the paranoid style in almost any critical historical or social-scientific analysis of oppression." [13]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Are you a Marxist? Do you torture animals in secret? Do you like my questions? Do you comprende?

Yes, I comprende. You have a tenous grip on reality. One that slips further everyday.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I think I'll stick to rational thought, so then when I do learn something, I know it's real and not just fevered guesswork.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

What are you talking about? I think I'll stick to rational thought, so then when I do learn something, I know it's real and not just fevered guesswork.

Now your catching on. The science and technology board is for you.
Why you and swampy are here is beyond a conspiracy. You guys just can't relax your brains enough to just think a moment and say with a smile----
"You know that conspiracy angle of yours could be, just may be, a little tiny bit true.
I am just trying to save you the hum drum, tedious day in day outs you must suffer in your endless DENY, DENY, DENY mode.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Anymore I believe NOTHING that comes from ANY govt source of ANY kind. Excellent post my friend lest we all get stupid.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some of these conspiracies are talked about in the book "Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins.
He believes that America taking over other countries resources is more of a human condition of greed and selfishness than an actual conspiracy, and this has led to the Global Empire building that America has been doing for the last 60 years or so... It's not a conspiracy by a small number of people as such, its just greed and selfishness and materialism which has got WAY out of control; the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. It sure does make me sick though, that the people who control us can't see that when we help each other, we help ourselves and everybody else.

Very interesting book and i believe Zeitgeist 2 gets a lot of its info from this guy when they talk about the Corporatocracy! (Banks, Corporations and Governments in bed with each other)

[adverting removed]

[edit on 11-1-2010 by theopensource.tv]

[edit on 11-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Great informative post and web site! - although I was well informed on most all of these - it is a great reference site for introducing the under-educated.

Well Done!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gabereal

really ???????????????

the government claims that drinking drain cleaner is harmfull

will you drink drain cleaner ?

if the government saus its harmfull . it must be safe - correct ?????

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

No, the government is right, drinking drain cleaner is bad. Which by corollary means all the mercury in the government approved inoculations is safe, right?

Pass the Thalidomide.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Doesn't it strike anybody as odd, that precisely 33 conspiracies are said to be true by this site?...33?...the masonic super-number? I smell bs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join