It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfraGard: This bunch is way more fearful than Serco ever thought about being!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For those of you who now know about Serco? Welcome to InfraGard, the national snoop and snoop some more critters who recruit anybody to watch me, you, and your neighbor! How do you like your neighbors now? How well do you know your friends and neighbors?

InfraGard is run by former fbi personell who stay linked with local law enforcement and private business people. Their goals are to have every american watching his or her neighbor, to include having our own kids spying on us! They are as of right now over 34,000 strong!

So, the next time your new neighbor or existing one wants to come over and shoot the breeze for a spell, how are you gonna feel about them now? Do you feel safe letting your kids hang with some of their friends down at the local arcade? Here's the link to their website:www.infragard.net...

And you thought Big Brother was the bad one?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I know. someone on ATS who works for a company thats in Infragard needs to find out more. Hey is ATS a business? skeptic overlord should see if he can join under the guise of watching over us!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
People have known of this organization for a while now, there are major benefits to being a member, no wonder there's 3400 corporations in the club. Not just your average joe can join you have to be endorsed by a corporation, so sorry but little ole johnny is not going to be infraguarding your little kids. Still does not take away from the fact that these guys are no good.

Originally posted by Totalstranger,
Skeptic Overlord should see if he can join under the guise of watching over us!!!

Heh I have my suspicions that your statement might be true if you remove guise from it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

Okay, now you admit to knowing about this organization for a while now? This program was started back in the late 80's, around 87 or so. Now, let's look at what's happened since then, shall we?

WTC Bombing of 93
Okie City in 95
USS Cole Bombing
Branch Davidians Invasion (Waco)
Ruby Ridge Idaho (Randy Weaver Incident)
Pentagon Computers Hacked Multiple Times
9-11

And the above is just a partial list of some of the most infamous travesties to happen to the usa. Now, either the Infragard is impotent in doing anything about the above, or either they're complicit in all of them!

So if the Infragard is letting all of these things happen, wouldn't that make you wonder a bit of just who they "ARE" watching and why?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I was wondering when someone on ATS would finally post about infraguard.

That old saying applies here I think..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
More than 23,000 representatives of private industry are working quietly with the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security. The members of this rapidly growing group, called InfraGard, receive secret warnings of terrorist threats before the public does—and, at least on one occasion, before elected officials. In return, they provide information to the government, which alarms the ACLU. But there may be more to it than that. One business executive, who showed me his InfraGard card, told me they have permission to “shoot to kill” in the event of martial law.
InfraGard is “a child of the FBI,” says Michael Hershman, the chairman of the advisory board of the InfraGard National Members Alliance and CEO of the Fairfax Group, an international consulting firm.

One business owner in the United States tells me that InfraGard members are being advised on how to prepare for a martial law situation—and what their role might be. He showed me his InfraGard card, with his name and e-mail address on the front, along with the InfraGard logo and its slogan, “Partnership for Protection.” On the back of the card were the emergency numbers that Schneck mentioned.

This business owner says he attended a small InfraGard meeting where agents of the FBI and Homeland Security discussed in astonishing detail what InfraGard members may be called upon to do.

“The meeting started off innocuously enough, with the speakers talking about corporate espionage,” he says. “From there, it just progressed. All of a sudden we were knee deep in what was expected of us when martial law is declared. We were expected to share all our resources, but in return we’d be given specific benefits.” These included, he says, the ability to travel in restricted areas and to get people out.
But that’s not all.

“Then they said when—not if—martial law is declared, it was our responsibility to protect our portion of the infrastructure, and if we had to use deadly force to protect it, we couldn’t be prosecuted,” he says.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Infragard is not the sinister organization some think it is.

Several years ago I was approached about the benefit of my corporation becoming a member.

I see it as a good thing to be aware of problems before the general public. To be warned and have time to prepare for danger is beneficial to me.

About three years ago the Federal Government sent material to all registered boat owners asking our help in keeping a watchful eye on our coasts and rivers. Nothing sinister about that either.

It was common for the government to use citizens before and during WW2.
Keeping a watch on the coast is very important and from what I've heard from the old folks it was done by civilians 24/7.

A person that deals with the public would easily spot trends that were not normal. Certain purchases would be suspect also.

Sometimes you just have to play the games for you own good and that of your family.

I may not like my countries currant administration but I still love my country and it's people.

The small part about being able to shoot and kill intruders that intend harm to you or your customers seems very reasonable and normal to me.

Our country is a multi colored world. It is not just black, white and grey.
It's not always right or wrong. There are exceptions.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

The point you're missing here is the fact that the american populous does not need an "organization" to affiliate itself with to be responsible for coming forth with info that keeps us safe do we?

We have the dhs, fbi, cia, infragard, echelon, state police, county deputies, county sheriffs, and local law enforcement, and still we had an incident on another plane over the holidays that even Obama said that they "dropped" the ball on even after they had all the info!

I guess you believe that old antage that the gov't uses to don't ya? You know, "We're here from the gov't, and we're here to help you"?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thewind

I just saw the Jesse Ventura show about Big Brother,they talked about InfraGard. The spokesmen for InfraGard made it sound like it was a harmless neighborhood watch type group,But it sounds like a potential Stasi or Gestapo to Me!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

If our gov't had our best interest at heart, why so many agencies? We have all these alleged entities to protect us, and yet when something happens, all they can do is point fingers at each other and lay blame!

Ya wanna stop terrorism? Execute the terrorists once they are found guilty! Put the fear back in THEM! Ya wanna get rid of murderers? Execute them instead of allowing them to sit on death row for the next 30 or 40 years at taxpayers expense!

Same thing for rapists and peodophiles. Street gangs who do the drive-by shootings? If nobody is gonna rat their buddies out and you have the proper evidence of which gang done the shooting? Execute all of them, no questions asked!

Our judicial system could work properly if they wanted it to!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewind
For those of you who now know about Serco? Welcome to InfraGard, the national snoop and snoop some more critters who recruit anybody to watch me, you, and your neighbor! How do you like your neighbors now? How well do you know your friends and neighbors?

InfraGard is run by former fbi personell who stay linked with local law enforcement and private business people. Their goals are to have every american watching his or her neighbor, to include having our own kids spying on us! They are as of right now over 34,000 strong!

So, the next time your new neighbor or existing one wants to come over and shoot the breeze for a spell, how are you gonna feel about them now? Do you feel safe letting your kids hang with some of their friends down at the local arcade? Here's the link to their website:www.infragard.net...

And you thought Big Brother was the bad one?

You should not worry about the things you cannot control.. make that 34,001 Strong

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by thewind

I just saw the Jesse Ventura show about Big Brother,they talked about InfraGard. The spokesmen for InfraGard made it sound like it was a harmless neighborhood watch type group,But it sounds like a potential Stasi or Gestapo to Me!

Thats because they are harmless. I speak of no lies here.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just another notch in the Fascistic United Nations of North America

Infraguard is evil and needs to be disbanded and never thought of again

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I normally just troll ATS, but I felt that I could help clear this up so I signed up.

Im not a member of infrgard, but I have 2 friends that have been on the board of directors for philly Infragard, and I go to the events a few times a year. Ive been too lazy, or uninterested to gain membership but could very easily, so could you guys.

Infrgard has 2 sides, public and private, which both sides meet together, they just breakup the meeting by a series of lectures.

Public: All it is is information sharing about new threats, Infosec issues, new tech, public federal info, which mostly relates to national critical infrastructure. No one is watching you, or ratting on anyone about anything. Its purely info sharing that anyone can go to, followed by a few hang out sessions in between lectures. I last saw lectures on the smartgrid stuff, some Infosec threats, and the emergency response system embedded into the phone circuits.

Private: This is the side for the members, which have all had background checks, similar to a secret level clearance, just not sponsored by anyone yet processed by the FBI. The lectures here are a bit more targeted, and confidential in nature. Think of the private side like everyone has an NDA not to share what they heard or saw, but they do anyway. So, youll hear about attacks companies have faced, zero day issues, or stuff that they dont want to bleed into the public, yet you still hear about it.

There isnt anything crazy going on, at least in Infragard, but anytime you get a bunch of those types together, who knows what they plan between lectures. I have gotten a ton of good information related to my field from the lectures. Infragard is a good thing. Its just a monthly conference on security issues, nothing more.

Hope this clears it up a bit for you guys.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
... Hey is ATS a business? skeptic overlord should see if he can join under the guise of watching over us!!!

Ever consider that he is already participating?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Related thread:

Turn In Your Friends, Your Neighbors, Your Relatives, Your Children.. Join Infragard Today!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 11/12/2010 @ 08:23 PM

top topics

join