It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd feeling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Alright, I've been around on the site for months now but this is the first thread I've started, so here goes:

For awhile now, I've been getting this odd "sensation". My heart starts beating much faster than normal for no reason I can discern. My hands sort of begin to shake, or perhaps its closer to vibrate. All of my senses suddenly feel extremely heightened, my reactions are all much faster than normal, and I seem to gain some strength too. Parts of it are almost like adrenaline, but it doesn't feel the same at all. The feeling is both horrible and great at the same time. I also feel as if I'm completely in tune with everything around me but also completely out of place at the same time. Sometime when it happens, it's also almost like I can feel something somewhere is wrong. Usually, it persists for no more than a few minutes but can last for 10 minutes or more.

Heh, reading over that it sounds rather like a superhero story
Too bad it doesn't feel like that.

Anyways, am I alone in this? Anyone else also experience this from time to time?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sounds like the effects of inner energetical activities. Do you meditate or practice any other spiritual system?

Do you ever experience other "odd" phenomenas like astral projection, telepathy, or such?

It does sound like accumulated energy, which should be balanced out and properly distributed in your system.

My personal suggestion would be to start with meditations specifically for such a purpose.

And just to be sure, you should check your condition with a doctor - it could be a physical cause behind such sensations as well.

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Your describing what i feel when i have a panic attack. They can show up at any time, for no reason at all, but alot of people get them due to depression/stress, but for me they were an indication that i wasn't physically well.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes it does sound like a panic attack, just without the panic.

Then again, panic attacks are also often the result of the same energy build-up I mentioned above, and proper self-balancing of inner energies can rid oneself of such problems.

Most mental illnesses are due to own inner energy related problems, though of course some are due to physical damage to a persons brain etc.

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yes, I've been checked by doctors but they've come up with nothing. I really don't feel like it's a panic attack. I feel no fear during it, I don't feel upset or anything. Like I said before, it feels both horrible and great at the same time which doesn't sound like a panic attack to me.

IX-777: I've looked into most of those in the past, but never went farther than that. The only other "odd" phenomena I can recall is I sometimes used to sort of see exactly how things were about to play out a few seconds in advance, almost like deja vu, except it was more than that. I could sometimes literally see events in my mind right before they happened in front of me. It was nothing life-changing or anything else (that I could tell at least); It would be things like simply seeing what cars were about to go through an intersection before they actually did, or knowing that I was about to see someone I knew when I turned a corner before I actually did. It stopped a couple years back though; haven't experienced it quite like that since.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
bkaust beat me to it. Sound like my panic attacks. Symptoms are very similar, and most the time I feel no actual "panic" in the true sense of the word. If self-balance would help such things, I would appreciate a point to a "how-to".

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You might consider visiting a doctor again, and having them look at epilepsy. Despite the stereotypical seizures we usually think of as being associated with epilepsy, there are actually a wide range of symptoms that can occur. Further, because of the way the brain is wired, people often have slightly different symptoms from one another, despite similar brain activity during episodes.

For example, here is the list of symptoms for a simple partial seizure from Wikipedia (slightly edited):

- preserved consciousness
- sudden and inexplainable feelings of fear, anger, sadness, happiness or nausea
- experiencing of unusual feelings or sensations
- altered sense of hearing, smelling, tasting, seeing, and tactile perception (sensory illusions and/or hallucinations), or feeling as though the environment is not real or detachment from the environment
- a sense of spatial distortion--things close by may appear to be at a distance.
- déjà vu (familiarity) or jamais vu (infamiliarity)
- labored speech or inability to speak at all
- usually the event is remembered in detail

People with this disorder sometimes also have sleep disturbances, such as sleepwalking or lucid dreaming. If you do, you should really think about seeing a doctor again--perhaps a neurologist.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
the seeing the future thing. its called precognition. i sometimes have dream precognition. and your right it isnt usually life changing for me either. i have looked into it ans supposedly meditation helps. but i dnt know how to meditate

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yup definitely sounds like a panic attack. No fear involved unless you fear that what you are experiencing means something bad is happening to you.
Edit to say that panic attacks happen most often when you are relaxed. Sometimes your body waits until its safe to react in to an event. You may have had a stress day, but your mind knew it had to be on top of its game with you calm and collected. So it waited untill later to release the energy. That's my theory anyways

[edit on 3-1-2010 by calstorm]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by suomichris

For example, here is the list of symptoms for a simple partial seizure from Wikipedia (slightly edited):

- preserved consciousness
- sudden and inexplainable feelings of fear, anger, sadness, happiness or nausea
- experiencing of unusual feelings or sensations
- altered sense of hearing, smelling, tasting, seeing, and tactile perception (sensory illusions and/or hallucinations), or feeling as though the environment is not real or detachment from the environment
- a sense of spatial distortion--things close by may appear to be at a distance.
- déjà vu (familiarity) or jamais vu (infamiliarity)
- labored speech or inability to speak at all
- usually the event is remembered in detail

People with this disorder sometimes also have sleep disturbances, such as sleepwalking or lucid dreaming. If you do, you should really think about seeing a doctor again--perhaps a neurologist.

I couldn't find a description of preserved consciousness anywhere, so perhaps you'd care to elaborate on that one. For the sudden inexplainable feelings, I really don't experience any kind of normal feelings during it. Unusual feelings or sensations: well, yes I suppose you could call it that.
Altered senses: Would heightened senses fall under that? It gives illusions and hallucinations as examples, but I've experience neither. The environment feels very real. Spatial distortion: haven't experienced that one either. Déjà vu: again, don't experience this one.
Labored speech or inability to speak: once more, don't experience this.
Remembered in detail: only detail I remember is what it feels like.

I kinda feel like I'm just denying every explanation offered

I assure you, however. That's not my goal.

Edit: Thanks, chaseninja, for naming that for me. Perhaps I'll look into that more, see if I can get it back.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by warbird03]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
For those interested in how to balance oneself and the inner energy systems, to get rid of such experiences as described and make the energy flow correctly - as this can be related to energy blockages - I highly recommend the book "Energy Work" by Robert Bruce, which can be bought at Amazon.com or his website www.AstralDynamics.com

His Astral Dynamics book is also great for those interested in astral projection.

I have also some various meditations and exercises on my own website that could be of use. Here is one that can be tested, which is created to make the main chakras distribute energy correctly and clear any blockages:
www.pleiadiantalk.com...

I have also created a general guided healing meditation many people have benefitted from, which can be downloaded in mp3 format here:
www.megaupload.com...

Best of luck,
-Maggador

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

I would get checked out at the doc's just to be on the safe side. Might be an undiagnosed medical condition.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
I couldn't find a description of preserved consciousness anywhere, so perhaps you'd care to elaborate on that one.

This just means, I believe, that you don't lose consciousness--that is, you don't black out during a spell.

For the sudden inexplainable feelings, I really don't experience any kind of normal feelings during it. Unusual feelings or sensations: well, yes I suppose you could call it that.

Yeah, I'd say the title of the thread "Odd feeling" would indicate that you have this symptom

Altered senses: Would heightened senses fall under that? It gives illusions and hallucinations as examples, but I've experience neither. The environment feels very real.

You said in your original post "I also feel as if I'm completely in tune with everything around me but also completely out of place at the same time." This, to me, seems very similar to the symptom "feeling as though the environment is not real or detachment from the environment." Especially the last parts, about something being "out of place/detachment."

Déjà vu: again, don't experience this one.

You said yourself that you experienced déjà-vu-like symptoms as a child. Regardless of whether you perceived these as being truly prophetic in nature, or just normal déjà vu, I think you'd probably be said to have this symptom.

Please keep in mind two things with this:

1) For any disease, but especially one involving the brain, there is no magic list of symptoms that says you have the disease or not. This is why doctors are so important--they have the skill and experience to use those symptoms as a guide.

2) When we get to the realm of something like epilepsy, where the entire list of symptoms come from people describing their feelings, which are, by their nature, out of the ordinary, there's bound to be some difference. Again, a doctor is key in being able to synthesize what you are telling them.

I kinda feel like I'm just denying every explanation offered

I assure you, however. That's not my goal.

If I can be completely blunt (sorry if I offend), it does seem a little bit like you're ignoring the obvious, rational explanations (panic attack or epilepsy), but at the same time saying things like "Thanks, chaseninja, for naming that (precognition) for me. Perhaps I'll look into that more, see if I can get it back."

I only drop in to ATS every once in a while, and rarely post here. The only time I do is in situations like this where someone with what is clearly a medical condition is told some nonsense by people who are--well, not knowledgeable about medicine, let's say. If this problem is bothering you enough that you're posting about it on the Internet, it is worth considering that you might need to see a doctor again...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by suomichris

Yes, thank you sumo, I do tend to try to get away from solutions I don't feel are correct, but I do realize you're apparently far more knowledgeable about this than I am. I'll see about getting checked by a doctor again, but they haven't found anything before. Who knows, maybe that's all it is. Isn't epilepsy usually associated with patterns of light or something to that effect? I think I heard that somewhere, but I don't know if it's correct.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You may be experiencing random orgasms throughout the day, i get these.

I've had to change my underwear three times today! dammit

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
Yes, thank you sumo,

Suomi

I do tend to try to get away from solutions I don't feel are correct, but I do realize you're apparently far more knowledgeable about this than I am.

Well, I might well be wrong--you might not have epilepsy, or a panic disorder. But I can tell you one thing for sure: you don't have precognition, nor are your "energies" clogged, because neither of these things exist. If you're going to dismiss possible explanations, you should start with the things that are demonstrably not true, and then consider the things that are left.

I'll see about getting checked by a doctor again, but they haven't found anything before. Who knows, maybe that's all it is.

If you are close to your doctor at all, you might shoot them an email and just say that you asked around on the Internet, and people thought it might be panic attacks or epilepsy, and do they have any thoughts about that.

Isn't epilepsy usually associated with patterns of light or something to that effect? I think I heard that somewhere, but I don't know if it's correct.

It can be, but as with the full body seizures, this tends to be a more stereotypical case. People with epilepsy can have episodes at different times for different reasons.

Best of luck to you, and please do post here if you decide to follow-up with a doctor and let us now how it goes.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patmcc88
You may be experiencing random orgasms throughout the day, i get these.

I've had to change my underwear three times today! dammit

Umm, well I suppose I shouldn't dismiss any theories at this point
but it really doesn't feel the same. At least, I don't think so. Perhaps different circumstances alter my perception of it. I definetly haven't had to change my underweare after it though

top topics

join