It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chasing foreign gods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Do not run until your feet are bare and your throat is dry. But you said, 'It's no use! I love foreign gods, and I must go after them.' (Jeremiah 2:25 NIV)

"They made Him jealous with strange gods; With abominations they provoked Him to anger. (Deuteronomy 32:16)

Thus says the LORD to this people, "Even so they have loved to wander; they have not kept their feet in check. Therefore the LORD does not accept them; now He will remember their iniquity and call their sins to account." (Jeremiah 14:10)

Only acknowledge your guilt--you have rebelled against the LORD your God, you have scattered your favors to foreign gods under every spreading tree, and have not obeyed me,'" declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 3:13)

Do you think chasing after foreign gods/religion will cut you off from God's grace? Do you agree that the above is true? It's worth pondering over. In Islam it it taught that the Qur'an is a continuation of God's revelation to mankind.

Do you think Converting to Islam from Judaism or Christianity will earn God's wrath?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
God does not practice "wrath" or "punishment", not as far as the True God, the Source of All goes at least.

As far as the Lesser Gods go, they have many variations and practice different things.

Religions themselves, including Christianity, are all based on false Lesser Gods and not the True God.

If God is all-forgiving and all-loving, what would there be to fear in either case?

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

i am a christian and i do not fear god i love god and he loves me and i dont think love can come from fear i have prayed to god many times about this because i do get worried that i dont fear him because of what the men(not god)
who run orginized religon say i must fear god but how can i fear some one i love so much

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

I'd say that the concept of God in Judaism and Islam is fairly similar. And as far as Islam goes, the belief is that there is only ONE God, the same God that was worshiped by Abraham and Moses and Jesus and Muhammad. So if you look on it from the Islamic point of view, I'd say there isn't any problem.

As far as Christianity goes, seeing as Jesus outlined the most important commandments as “Love the Lord God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbour as yourself”, I'd say if you are doing that (or at least trying really hard
), as a muslim, you'd be safe.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Islam has more in common with Judaism than Catholicism.

I'll let that speak for itself.

top topics

join