It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is monitoring ATS? (With data)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've picked up on some number on ATS I find rather interesting.

Certain thread are viewed a lot of not replied to much.

For example most threads have about 7-12% the number of replies as they do views. This goes for threads ranging from 50 view up to thousands.

Some however do not generate many responces though.

For Example:

" Anyone ever been invited to join the Illuminati?" at one point had 1786 views, but only 54 replies for a 3% view-post percentage.

This is probably just due to content and ATS member preferences...but I figured someone could grip this new data and blow it out of proprtion.

Have fun and watch the numbers, its kind of interesting.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
As a bon-a-fide lurker I know how it feels first hand to just check out topics without posting.

Lurkers usually either have nothing to add, or have a low self esteem and fear rejection. Either of their ideas or their newbishness. (Yes, its a word now >_

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The view counter unfortunately doesn't have IP detection to block one individual from racking up multiple views on the counter for one thread. Because of this, one single individual could click on one thread multiple times and it will look like many individuals have viewed the thread, when in fact, they have not. Without IP detection, the accuracy of the view counter is in doubt when it comes to knowing how many single individuals have actually viewed the thread.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I dont post too often. Sometimes I feel as if my opinion isnt really needed on a subject but i'm still interested enough into the topic to check out the thread.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
I dont post too often. Sometimes I feel as if my opinion isnt really needed on a subject but i'm still interested enough into the topic to check out the thread.

Thats basically the same principal I follow. Sometimes you'll get flamed for simply posting your opinion. Thats nothing new of course it has always happened and always will.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88

same here.... i read most of the threads here but dont replay nearly as much ia i used too...

one thing iv noticed is ALOT of the posts are reposts but with all the newbs replaying

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Of course every time a person makes a post in a thread you are inclined to read it so 10 people following a thread of 50 replies would click 50X on the thread. Which would be a total of 500 views...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
netchicken makes an excelent point..

and to add to that- the person who created the thread will most likely look at the responses several times.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
" Anyone ever been invited to join the Illuminati?" at one point had 1786 views, but only 54 replies for a 3% view-post percentage.

No doubt certain subjects probably trigger automated data mining, as they are of interest to those doing the mining. I don't know if you were thinking that or not.

I believe the example you used has a differet proportion of replys to reads, because it is an interesting subject, but most of those who know anything about it wont be telling you what they know and the rest don't know enough to have a meaningful reply.

top topics

join