It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. family's dog saves boy from cougar attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How about some good news for a change............

B.C. family's dog saves boy from cougar attack

From source:

A cougar attacked a B.C. family's golden retriever Saturday night after the dog stepped in between the cougar and an 11-year-old boy. Police, who later shot the cougar dead, credited the 18-month-old dog -- Angel -- for saving the boy's life.

Please visit link for full story

When I was very young, my dog used to grab me by the arm and stear me away from the road.....not to mention many other "feats" he did for me over his life. As I grew older, he became my best friend, I was taught things that no human could teach me and I'm a better man because of him.

Sorry for the cougar, I'm sure this is actually a case of man encroaching on it's wild habitat.

These quotes can say it much better than myself about dog loyalty:

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." -- Andrew A. Rooney

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience" -Woodrow Wilson

and one more.....

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Connector]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Whomever starred and flagged this thread, thanks

Guess the rest of the board/world is too busy with paranoia of us VS them to embrace at least a small piece of good and uplifting news

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I grew up in British Columbia, and our family lived in the forest for long periods of time.
We were taught how to respect the animals and the land around us.

In the past hundred years of BC history only 5 people have been taken by these magnificent cats, and we as humans encroached on their territory.

Damn dog, that cat could have had a nice meal, but they tend to back off when confronted.

If a cougar takes a child it would be rare and justified.
The cat was hungry.............

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I had to go look.....

Conflict between cougars and humans is extremely rare. In the past 100 years, a total of five people have been killed by cougar attacks in B.C. (in comparison, bees kill upwards of three Canadians every year). All but one of these fatal cougar attacks occurred on Vancouver Island. During the same period, there were 29 non-fatal attacks in B.C - 20 of which occurred on Vancouver Island. The vast majority of these attacks were on children under the age of 16. Although a cougar attack is highly unlikely, it always pays to be prepared. Information and awareness are your best defenses.

www.britishcolumbia.com...

Let nature take it's course.
The hippo takes more lives than any other mammal. Disney made them cute, but they'll kill you.
Please don't slag on the cougar.

We don't happen to have hippopotamuses in Canada, so I can't really complain.
But "Oh Hell"!!!,
Let the Vancouver Island cats take the meat if they need it. It was people that took the open range away from the cougars in the first place.

I FULLY SUPPORT THE PROTECTION OF ALL NATIVE FLORA & FAUNA OF B.C.

EDIT: I like to edit.....

[edit on 5/1/2010 by anxietydisorder]

new topics

top topics

join