It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We WILL Have A One-World-Govt.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
And I believe it is a good thing.

The problem with creating a single government to rule the entire planet is keeping those in power in check so that it does not come to complete tyranny and the ridiculous idea of complete self-destruction of the human race that many religionists seem so excited about.

However, think about it for a second. The natural progression of a population is to expand and unite under a single rule with many smaller rulers going down and down (as in a pyramid scheme, and also a meaning of the sign on the back of the one dollar bill in your pocket).

So, for example

Family-->Village-->Town-->City-->State-->Country-->Union-->One World Order

But if we have a single rule over the entire planet then we have the ability to hold ALL rulers responsible for their actions. So we then eliminate these "rogue nations" because we are all united. We eliminate third world countries also if we are all using a single currency that is monitored and controlled by those who have the brains to do so. Education, healthcare, entertainment, etc, will all have a limitless reach. For, once we eliminate the threat of war (at least on this planet) and instead become ONE, there will be nothing we cannot do.

And, of course, we will then also have representation in the Galactic Community.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Your right, we probably will have a one-world government but it isn't going to be "kisses & sunshine". Only the youth have such naive ideas. Once you see how the world works you will know that any One-World-Government is doomed to be a Oligarchy. An oligarchy of an elite class, party, or Dictator.

History is a lesson best served cold... It is very cold under 6 feet of dirt.. which millions have already experienced in grand "order" experiments. Millions more would get to experience quickly under such a system.

Those who do not know history or learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

I love optamism, it is a good thing to have.

here is a little thought though, we get the option to vote for a world president, there are contenders from all around the globe,

China or India with populations over 1 billion people win the election and choose communism as the best form of goverment, you of course can protest, but your country only has 700 million people and loses even though everyone in your country voted for your fellow countryman.

do you go with the flow and accept defeat?
what do you do when a one child policy is put in place in western countries and then go one further and decide that only 1 in 5 families can have children?
or if they decide only people who do not have underlying medical conditions can be a part of that 1 in 5 families who reproduce?

a 1 world goverment does sound wonderful, but I like choices.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

Although you're right about the natural progression, at this rate if the world is going for the NWO setup, then wars will likely to be inevitable. China and Russia and Iran will not join in. So.. do you think everyone got the stomach for it? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
img]reply to post by infolurker

I'm sorry infolurker - but you seem very jaded. It may only the youth that holds such neive ideas, but the youth will inherit this world and it will be theirs to do with as they please. Our level of interconnectedness increases in orders of magnitude everyday. It's very exciting to live in the time we live now because our fate as a human race will be decided within the next 2 generations. Can we come together and finally be rid of the chains that tie us to outmoded, ancient paranoia? It is my fervent hope that we can. But I'm just another nobody...let's see what world renowned physicist Michio Kaku has to say about it.

[edit on 1/3/10 by WickedStar]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
img]reply to post by infolurker

I'm sorry infolurker - but you seem very jaded. It may only the youth that holds such neive ideas, but the youth will inherit this world and it will be theirs to do with as they please. Our level of interconnectedness increases in orders of magnitude everyday. It's very exciting to live in the time we live now because our fate as a human race will be decided within the next 2 generations. Can we come together and finally be rid of the chains that tie us to outmoded, ancient paranoia? It is my fervent hope that we can. But I'm just another nobody...let's see what world renowned physicist Michio Kaku has to say about it.

[edit on 1/3/10 by WickedStar]

Ah yes, the "Youth" will inherit the earth... Once they are older & wiser. There is nothing jaded about it. You will understand one day.. That I promise you.

When was the last time you saw a 20 year old General? One must also be at least 35 years of age to be president. There is a reason for that.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sadly, I must disagree with Wickedstar.

The fact is fact that today's youth shall also pass into history and one day find themselves replaced...ask any 60 year old former hippie. And 'interconnectedness' relies on technology alone. Technology that could be disabled over night with the wrong 'one world leader' in place.

This world shall burn to the ground and die screaming before a one-world government is ever established is very likely to be the grim reality. A reality that may in fact give a little credibility to the theory of cyclical civilization.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

Here is a more optimal arrangement of your chart:
IndividualInner CircleNeighborhoodUnionUnion ... UnionOne (or More) World Order(s)

The arrows represent the voluntary direction sovereignty is handed over which can be revoked at any time on any whim.

Your reasoning for a one world order is ridiculous and offensively weak. First of all, government officials are not accountable for anything in today's age. They get away with murder, and worse, and you can sit and watch but not do much more in today's age. Adding one more layer does nothing to change that. In fact, it makes the problem worse.

The bigger government is the less accountable it feels. The bigger the government is, the smaller of a peon you are to be more easily crushed and ignored. The bigger government is, the more easily your personal creativity can be destroyed and replaced with a robotic slave mentality. The bigger government is, the smaller and more insignificant you are and the more you are a slave to the government.

Here is a quote I rather like partly demonstrating why you are so wrong:

"Governments of all sizes are equally corruptable. We also believe that different cultures have different government values. For those reasons, we believe multiple small governments are better than one large one. In this way, those in oppressed places are offered refuge or assistance by less oppressed neighbors, in replacement large empires where there is little or no possible escape from corruption."

I can't believe you have the gall to throw in the word "rouge" and use it to justify the slavery of humanity by a large inhumane monster you call "one world government". But you seem serious. I'm offended by the fact you don't think I don't have a right to "go rouge" who are you to say what is rouge and who are you to say going rouge is a crime? Oh, right, you won't even be involved in the definition of that because you'll be an insignificant speck as part of a one world government.

If you think you can just slap a rouge label on me and subject me to your slavery I may have a few pieces of lead that disagree with you and your twisted values. Gee, people do sometimes assert self-defense... so I'm sorry to report your plan can't work as imagined. Its quite bothersome you think government is so great when its never done a damned thing for you except enslave you.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

We WILL Have A One-World-Govt. And I believe it is a good thing.
So, a one world gov't is a good thing? Okay, you're a christian, and the arabs and other muslims in the middle east hate christians. You have the choice to convert to islam, or be "Be-Headed"! I have this right on video from Micheal Moore's video " Farenheit-9-11". Now, the others globally take a census and come to the conclusion that americans only need 1 child per family. Well, you already have 3 kids and another one is in the oven! The global "Police" come and take your 3 kids and allow you to have your other one you are pregnant with.

Your other kids are taken to the arab states and sold as sex slaves. Now there's the money issues. There are way more muslims than christians, thus we will never elect anybody other than another muslim!

So, if you get caught stealing, they cut your hands off! If ya get caught lying, they cut your tongue out. If ya get caught committing adultery, they outter castrate the women and then stone them to death, and cut off the man's genitals and stone him to death also!

So, when you are hanging there on some kinda cross for doing something that normally wouldn't ammount to anything in a us court of law, are you still thinking that a new world order is really good now? And if ya do, I've gotta Dr Phil question for ya.

As the blood drips, and the stones keep being throwed at you, tell me, HOW'S THAT WORKIN OUT FOR YA NOW?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by Katerna

Seems a natural progression when/if we come together as a species. Instead of these petty illusionary divisions. Not going to come through one dominating ideology though, as history shows. But through tolerance and acceptance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hi All,

I believe it's inevitable that we will.

If we can't do it we will become extinct.
In my opinion advances in technology will
drive us toward it along with other factors.

I don't know enough to articulate the factors that are less than obvious.
I can speculate that our history of using technology to build weapons, and always using the weapons we invent, infers that we are doomed unless we adopt a more peaceful coexistence than we what we now practice.

You could then theorize that without coming together as one we would not
be able to coexist in peace. Therefore it's one world, or no world. Just linear logic based on assumption.

This is all spec and no proof, just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Ziggy

[edit on 4-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So... 9/11 was envoked to get the ball rolling?.....
Now they are building a One World Trade Center in it's place to H.Q the planet?

You cannot make this stuff up.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You know your asking for war to make this even plausible right ?

Democracy index by regime type

Full democracies: 14.4% of world population
Flawed democracies: 35.5% of world population
Hybrid regimes: 15.2% of world population
Authoritarian regime: 34.9% of world population

You have a whole bunch of people to introduce to democracy before you can start talking about one world government .

To make it simple we will ignore Flawed democracies and Hybrid regimes.
(Philippines,Bolivia,Ghana,Iraq, etc fit in these)

30.5% of the world countries are under a authoritarian regime

Do you think your going to just tell these dictators they are now ran by one governing body ?

but I am sure your thought of this and the many other issues with one body of government over-seeing the world.

a330.g.akamai.net...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I too think we will have one world government.

The UFOs seen in the skies can travel at speeds faster than light. I believe this technology can be scaled down to fit into cars. With everyone having a flying car and able to get from one place in this world to another in half an hour, it will turn the world into one big city.

This, more than anything else, is why I think one world government is inevitable.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Agreed with poster above that a lot of changes will need to be made (alignment of governmental philosophies) before a OWG can happen, but I believe it is entirely necessary if we are ever going to be taken seriously, galactically.

Is THIS perhaps what is delaying disclosure? Jesus, we can't even agree amongst one another. How are we possibly supposed to be expected to be taken seriously throughout the cosmos? We are not even a Type I civilization yet. We are infants.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Agreed with poster above that a lot of changes will need to be made (alignment of governmental philosophies) before a OWG can happen, but I believe it is entirely necessary if we are ever going to be taken seriously, galactically.

Is THIS perhaps what is delaying disclosure? Jesus, we can't even agree amongst one another. How are we possibly supposed to be expected to be taken seriously throughout the cosmos? We are not even a Type I civilization yet. We are infants.

Thinking on a scope that encompasses religion, history, and 'conspiracy,' you would seem to be right sir. The return of Jesus would be during the Judgement of mankind, and perhaps our that judicial agreement has already been made by forces beyond our comprehension, supernatural or otherwise.

The cycles of extinction and the flourishing of life in spans of history attest to species preparedness for a coming global disaster. Our Earth is an organism in its own sense, and a dog won't act in accordance to protect its fleas. God, in the Old Testament, damned mankind to till and work the soil until disciplined, a notch below the ruler of all creatures and plants that God intended.

Mankind has unquestionably overstepped it's limitations and shown poor resolve in creating harmonious, civil and humane centers for living and working, a consequence of our own dehumanization.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katerna
And I believe it is a good thing.

The problem with creating a single government to rule the entire planet is keeping those in power in check so that it does not come to complete tyranny and the ridiculous idea of complete self-destruction of the human race that many religionists seem so excited about.

However, think about it for a second. The natural progression of a population is to expand and unite under a single rule with many smaller rulers going down and down (as in a pyramid scheme, and also a meaning of the sign on the back of the one dollar bill in your pocket).

So, for example

Family-->Village-->Town-->City-->State-->Country-->Union-->One World Order

But if we have a single rule over the entire planet then we have the ability to hold ALL rulers responsible for their actions. So we then eliminate these "rogue nations" because we are all united. We eliminate third world countries also if we are all using a single currency that is monitored and controlled by those who have the brains to do so. Education, healthcare, entertainment, etc, will all have a limitless reach. For, once we eliminate the threat of war (at least on this planet) and instead become ONE, there will be nothing we cannot do.

And, of course, we will then also have representation in the Galactic Community.

Rulers have less accountability than they did thousands of years ago. Long ago, the oppressed would revolt in such violence as to overthrow a ruler, bribe guards to assassinate him, or become so fed up as to rally entire nations to revolution. Such things do not happen in this sedentary and stupefied society, and cunning, intelligent men and women of self-profit are able to commit the evils and greed of tyrant kings without drawing attention. We have come to trust politics and business as self-healing, that corruption will die away or be weeded out by virtuous interceptors. Without an informed public that is willing to take rational action, there will be a one-world government ruling because YOU will be naive enough to fall for its benevolent guise.

In truth, it will be bigger, more powerful, and more of the same on a frightening scale, run by the money-holders who put the oligarchs in office. The image of a politician, remember, is not produced by his actual image. It is an advertised product meant to gain the most buyers.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by ProphetsOfTheNewWorld]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I suspect that in time we will have a one-world government. It follows the natural course of societal development. But I also think that the people of the world are not quite ready for this as of yet.

Nevertheless, it appears that the so-called visionaries in charge of the planet are going to try and force a one-world government upon a largely unwilling population, and that is likely to end badly. Forced control from the outside is opposed to natural evolution from the inside.

In order for long-lasting social changes to take place, which could pave the way for a genuine one-world government, where nations live in peace and harmony, there are substantial changes in consciousness and perspective that must take place in the population at large.

New systems of money, economics, and politics must also be put into place. Such changes may be coming, but they will likely be born out of death and destruction on an unprecedented scale.

I see the potential for a global world war in the next few years, which will make the previous world wars look like child's play. Perhaps that will be the war to end all wars. But unless there is a substantial change in human consciousness, history will tend to repeat itself indefinitely.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

this is when you and most of us still see human beings in different races, while we in the vast amount of life forms in this universe is merely ONE of the many kinds of species

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Excellent. Very good points from everyone. I have learned from each of you. I will try to respond to everyone with my arguments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join