It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, Monkey or Both?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

People take things in the Bible out of context. People add or take away from the original words. Translating from Hebrew can't always be done to perfectly. Go back to the Hebrew, read the words in context and you will see that these inconsistencies or contradictions can easily be explained. My bias is showing? I was in your shoes at one time, I have looked at evidence from both sides. You obviously haven't.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
Your bias is showing.

In my former life, as a therapist, i can't tell you how many times i have been put in the position of mediator between quarreling couples. The source of conflict for the bulk could be reduced to a fairly simple dichotomy. One side was coming from a perspective born from a head in the lead of the heart... where as the other had their heart lead by their head. It is very hard to find any common ground between the two. The only relationships that worked were those where each side tried to meet the other half-way. Though due to the nature of the love-based relationships i had to focus the bulk of change that needed to take place... on the head before the heart people. Love is irrational... and is the glue for most relationships.

As for matters of logic such as this topic of inquiry here, the flip side of what i have just covered in the proceeding paragraph holds true.

One perspective is looking a the world as it shows itself to be... the other sees the world through the filter of a story book.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

This story book is showing us things that the world has been, is right now, and how it will end up.

Two instances, God said that the Jews would be exiled from their land, their land would become desolate, no one on Earth would be able to inhabit their land, the first instance, in the second instance, he said the Jews would be scattered through all the Nations of the world. He then goes to say that they would come back to their land, and their land would not be taken from them again.

about 2600 years ago, the Jews were exiled from Israel...For 1800 years, the land saw little to no rain, the land became desolate, and not one nation were able to populate the land, for an extended period of time. The turn of the 20th century, Israel began to see rainfall, 1948 and 1967, two very important dates in Jewish history, there was more rainfall than has been witnessed in over 2 millennium. The Jews began to come back, and haven't forgotten who they are.

Look at History! The Bible is accurate, just because their language is modern day, doesn't mean its a fairy tale. Do you think a man 2000 years ago would know the word for helicopter? No, however, I'm sure he would know how to describe it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 100Grand

Riiight. Sure it is..

So yeah, your bias is showing.

No, the Bible is full of historical inaccuracies. It is a weave of poor historical record, and stories. It is not a history book, and definitely not a science book. Don't you realise people read the bible and decided that they should make Israel because it was written in the bible?

How the hell can you possibly claim it will predict things in the future? You don't know the future, so you are arguing from faith, not fact. Again. Bias.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I think what dave has touched based on is what is called a 'self-fullfilling prophecy'... and if your kin are on this 'trip' ...you are creating for all of us the end of days.

From a very objective source/journalist www.pbs.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Avatar was inevitable,we are modified primates,we could just as easily be modified dolphins or parrots.

Lets get past the obvious already,I grew up on a farm and I killed and ate all the cute little animals we raised ,but there is no way I can see anyone viewing a primate as food considering our obvious connection but we canabalise each other so we are definately jeckyl and hyde.

We will find out that we can easily clone an human but we will end up with a caveman or a primate equivilant if the body is alive.Life and sentience or self awareness are different things.The clone will be alive but not self aware,EVERY TIME.

Nobody want us to know that we are really modified monkeys and a cloning result as explained will prove that there was genetic intervention.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Hmm. I don't know where you got your evidence from for that, but it sounds awfully like your opinion, and your opinion alone

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If you begin to absorb some of the historical and archealogical and current scientific information regarding past earth changes,like the flood,and various old recorded texts ,some religous,like the bible and accept this info crossreferenced with the science of today ,and then it is easy to see where we come from.If you exclude GOD and imaginary religous figures like that you are left with your answer,but until you can exclude DIVINE imaginary ALL POWERFULL dietys from your mindset ,you will never be able to allow your mind or your reality to accept the facts you need to correlate to get in tune with what is CURRENTLY HAPPENING AROUND YOU.

Think about it,god took a rib from adam and cloned or created eve,the bible records it as being so,well did you know that when we first started learning to clone human tissue we found that the best place to take tissue from was THE RIB!!

If you attempt to provide some illogical explanation for the natural melding of historical fact regarding lost knowledge that we have recovered and modern science I will assume you choose to keep your mind closed.

There are simply to many examples of modern science CONFIRMING THE BIBLE AND THE KORAN AND OTHER MAJOR RELIGOUS DOCTRINES TO BE HISTORY BOOKS THAT WERE MANIPULAATED INTO POWERFUL TOOLS OF MANIPULATION.

If modern science confirms information that is distributed THROUGHOUT THE HISTORICAL DOCUMENT then we have a starting point from which we can REVERSE EXTRAPOLATE exactly what other information in these recordings is true and verifiable using our current technology.

Technology is as much archaeology and historical document and cultural research as it is pure science,this is why we are REALLY AND TRULY figuring out mysterys that have never been solved at LIGHTENING SPEED,and it is people JUST LIKE US THAT ARE DISCOVERING THESE THINGS USING THE INCREDIBLE INFORMATION BASE AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET.

My information comes from all around us the same place we all get our input and my abduction experiences helped me maintain what ALREADY WAS an open mind,and a strong desire to learn.

If you find a single grain of verifiable fact you can reverse extrapolate an entire story or history in its absolutely correct format.

One single grain.You should have tried to tell a lie in my house when I was a kid.It is the most mundane changes in behaviour or emotion that signal the need to investigate an issue and if you are able to view the entire painting or person at once with absolutely no BIASES then YOU CANNOT MISS THE OBVIOUS CHANGES and it is childsplay to reverse extrapolate why and from where and when the changes happened,and in the process you will invariably discover all the answers you may not have known you were seeking.

When you have conflicting information or stories it is CHILDSPLAY TO reverse extrapolate who is lieing by finding JUST ONE GRAIN OF VERIFIABLE SIMILARITY IN THE TWO STORIES and then simply relaxing and following the trail that is irreversably present within every fact and action related to the issue in question.

Finding believable information is easy,the FACTS ARE EASY TO SEE IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.

The real question to be asking is,HOW COULD YOU SEE IT ANY OTHER WAY THAN WHAT THE CURRENT INFORMATIONS SHOWS OUR REALITY TO BE??

By incorporating history from ALL SOURCES to overcome the information stranglehold and by understanding how corrupt and manipulated todays mainstream media sources are and have always been,by refusing to let yourself be fooled by illusionary dietys or imaginary concepts like divine gods,words CAN BE INVENTED WITH A PURPOSE YOU KNOW.

Keep an open mind and keep learning and anyone can see the true reality we are living in,cling on to your self -serving and incorrect belief in individual rights that supercede humanities rights and you will never see the light ,religon as it is practiced today is self-serving--anything that offers divine forgiveness over the rights of humanity ie.---you will be forgiven for killing in the name of said imaginary GOD,is self-serving in nature and will prevent a person from maintaining an open mind.

Anyone who refuses to even consider ANY AND ALL INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO THEM has been injured or scarred or manipulated or enslaved in some way.

So you see all religons practiced today that include a divine all powerful diety that can grant divine forgiveness are designed to eliminate the active participaction of their numbered members in the cumulative reality that we are all experiencing here on the planet together,this is why people can sit in church with a full belly and expensive clothes on their arses putting cash into tithe boxes and getting into their luxury sedans to crowd every restaurant and coffee shop within ten miles of their church after worshipping.They drive right by poverty and needyness EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES INCLUDING THEIR TRAVEL TO WORSHIP and they see no reason to stop to lend a hand,THIS IS SICK BEHAVIOUR,exibited by animals or humans that are ill in some way.This behaviour is validated suported and defended to the death by religons.Plain and simple ,these people feel, that their worship to their god is enough to clear their way to heaven to keep their own arses safe and my friends,as we can see,THE BUCK STOPS THERE,and it stops because GOD SAYS SO,RIGHT?????

I get my information from the Learning Channel,from the world around me ,and from within.I even read religous doctrines ,this is why I cant believe what kind of idiots would even think of killing each other over this kind of illusionary B.S.Anyone who can read can see that they are all basicly the same,that there are common threads that can be used to reverse extrapolate a common past and to plan for a common future.

Man,Monkey or Both?Lets ask a Monkey,and if we cant then someone is lieing to us about something,it cant be that hard to learn to talk to a monkey can it?We have charted the human geonome ,havent we ???

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Aaaah so it is just your opinion, devoid of evidence. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yes ,my opinion is evidence of my existance which substanciates an alternative perspective to your own that does not incorporate blind faith into its mandate.I hope that clears up the evidenciary issue.

In fact if you remove faith in an imaginary god which is really a belief in the unknown,you are left with faith in oneself and a belief in the elementally substanciated physical realities you experience daily.Sherlock Holmes will help you figure out your own path of creation long before any god you conjure up can ever show you,because it is simply elementary my dear Watson!!You cannot deny the physically obvious ,EVER,unless you LIE TO ALL OF YOUR PHYSICAL SENSES AND INSTINCTS.

Time will tell whos perspective will ultimately land closer to the reality we will both face in our futures because we both cannot possibly be right unless we meet on middleground and that might not be so easy to do in time ,although it seems we are both trying.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I haven't read that anyone mentioned it in this post, but for the record...

MAN DID NOT COME FROM MONKEYS!!! MAN DID NOT COME FROM APES!!

Man and apes came from a common ancestor. Further down the evolutionary line, monkeys and apes share a common ancestor AFTER human and apes split off from THEIR common ancestor.

Please remember this for future reference, you loose any real mental credibility if you use the whole "human/monkey" thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Man did not completely evolve from primates ,man IS AN ALTERED PRIMATE THAT HAS STOPPED EVOLVING AND IS CURRENTLY DEVOLVING AS THE GLOBAL POPULATION INCREASES.After we were altered we evolved for a short time beyond the primates,thats how we managed to get different types of human occuring in all color shades,if you use a facial recognition program you will find that we somehow interbred amongst our breeds within our species BEFORE WE WERE SEPERATED BY COLOR AND OTHER MINOR EVOLUTIOARY OR DIRECTED CHANGES LIKE EYE SHAPE ECT. but around the time the bilical lifespans started to DECREASE ,---we stopped evolving ,our lifespans began to shorten and we began to devolve from the original altered humans with lifespans of hundreds of years

We are undoubtably hitchhiking on these primates evolutionary path,in fact we stopped them so we could hop on and we took over.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by menjo2000

you loose any real mental credibility if you use the whole "human/monkey" thing.

Dave basically said the same thing earlier on in this thread. I don't understand why you guys are so uptight... as far as i'm concerned and joe-blow of the street this is close enough... to say that it makes someone look stupid for using monkeys instead of apes, comes off very arrogant and shallow. In sum, very few care or even know the difference and knowing for the purpose of this thread is not necessary to understanding the point of the thread... so again who gives a flying monkey's ass... when noting that we came more directly form apes then monkeys, when it makes to relevant difference to this conversation?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

"Close enough" is fine when you don't know better. When you do know better, it is intellectually dishonest to perpetuate such nonsense. We are here to deny ignorance, not to let it slide when convenient to us.

Heck, my 3-year-old nephew can differentiate between monkeys, apes, and humans quite well.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

For all practical purposes making such a big deal out of substituting monkey for ape, when it doesn't make any contribution to the points being made in this thread and is not of any really significant difference to even be worth mentioning is just silly and uptight... and to add the delivery comes off as a bit arrogant. So you guys might want to consider how you guys come off... a tad cavalier... even pompous... if you don't care as much as i care what some boy scout thinks of my intelligence over such a non-issue... then great let us move on to the discussion at hand... without being derailed by such trivia in comparison to the task at hand.

At one point i started using ape instead of monkey, just to get a 'monkey' off my silver-back.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You have stated you know the difference, yet for some reason, you refuse to use the correct terminology. Like if I was to use the term "sandwich" when referring to "apes", I would create a lot of confusion. We are here to deny ignorance. If you confess to knowing the difference between the two terms, then use them correctly. There is no excuse for your strange behaviour.

Apes are not monkeys. You say you know the difference. Show us, and use the terms correctly. Or, alienate people who know the difference, and want to use the terms correctly.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The use of "sandwich" in exchange for "apes" are you kidding?

First came monkeys, then apes then us... if we come from apes and apes come from monkeys... are you following the logic here?

...and now labeling me with 'strange behavior'?

I like you dave... but you have to acknowledge that you are a bit arrogant... and over something so trivial ... you make a monumental case over... that's what i call 'strange behavior'.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Actually he's right; if you're going to discuss a scientific topic, you should follow scientific rigours. Even if your argument is an effort to deny science.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why is this monkey more human than anyother primate? Are you being prejudice?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

We are apes. Sheesh.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join