It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, Monkey or Both?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 100Grand

At some point in our lives we no longer need our parents for emotional and physical support... and at some point, eventually our parents pass a way. It is a natural progression of life that we must all, to some degree or another, come to terms with. If we look at the total scope of our collective history thus far, we can see a similar progression. Once we lite Hiroshima and Nagasaki ablaze, god (or parent) for all practical and metaphorical purposes was officially 'dead'. Now as the gods/parents of our own era/lives we hold the keys to our destiny... the clever evolved monkeys, mean 'apes' (for davesidious) we are.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

Well, sorry to say, that 100 years or so, "our lives" is just the beginning. Once this life is over, it is nothing but eternity. Weather you believe that or not. However, us as humans can't figure EVERYTHING out in that time frame, and God is also eternity, and will never leave those who actually desire to have a relationship with him. You may think that once this life is over, then that is it, but sorry to say, I know for a fact, from your perspective, "faith", that this is just the beginning.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Ok so since we are primates, will the other primates also enjoy an eternal after life? If not, why?

...and as far as creationism is concerned, can you at least admit that it's a sneaky way of luring people away from science and toward the bible instead?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 100Grand
"Except it's not an assumption, but a well supported and widely accepted scientific theory. "

That's what a theory is, an ASSUMPTION.

Well why don't you jump out your window and fly? After all the theory of gravitation is only an assumption

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Well why don't you jump out your window and fly? After all the theory of gravitation is only an assumption

You think the force of Gravity is only a theory, wow... no comment

and I believe that every creature is Gods creation, and has a possibility of being in heaven with just as much right as humans. Also, I'm not turning away from science because of God, Science is actually helping me turn to God, along with a ton of other experiences, and "subjects."

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You think the force of Gravity is only a theory, wow... no comment

Wow, you don't even understand what I'm trying to tell you. Doesn't matter since you don't understand the definition of scientific theory.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You wouldn't be the first person confused by science and turning to religion to make the scary thoughts go away. It's amusing that the scientific method was instrumental in providing the internet, and then you use that same internet to broadcast to the world how the scientific method is bunk and how you know more.

Fantastic.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey guys, it's not fair to gang up on 100Grand like that...
you know he does make a point:

and here's proof that monkeys really can defy gravity:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't believe for a moment man come from monkey...But

In fairness..

If the evolutionist are so fired up, gung-ho, anxious to have Monkey ancestors and be Proud to be a member of that family tree, who am I to stop them?

Hey Evolutionist.. show me your family photo history.. Oh look.. there goes Aunt Jane, swinging from that vine eating a banana.

More on topic.. Interesting pictures of strange looking monkeys you have there.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
You wouldn't be the first person confused by science and turning to religion to make the scary thoughts go away.
Fantastic.

Haha, scared of science? What would posses someone to say something like that? So lets see, A in honors Physics, A in AP Calculus, A in Biology I and II, the list goes on...not that you would care about my high school grades or anything like that...but there isn't anything about science that is scary or hard to comprehend. However, it is VERY inspiring to be changed over night by the word of the Lord. I'm sorry you haven't had the amazing experiences that I have, but I'm not throwing out science. Gravity is proven, you throw something up and it comes back down. People are scared that people, like me, can turn to God because of faith, and try to explain it by saying we are crazy, hallucinating, etc...and put their FAITH in man made theories.

Gravity can be explained by equations. Lets see, g=9.8m/s^2
the Force of gravity Fg = Gm1m2/r^2 nothing impressive.

Then you have people say, oh look we look similar to that creature so we MUST have evolved from that. God can't be real he hasn't done anything in my life, because you haven't searched for him, and to be quite honest, there will NEVER be PROOF for evolution. Of course there is evidence for it, and I was always interested in it, not "scared." We have not witnessed evolution. For evolution to exist, life had to come from "non-life" which can not happen naturally which I've already explained up above.

Show me that there are "transitional" fossils, and then prove that they weren't fabricated, show me how life can come from simple matter, show me that something as complex as a car, and a system that provides for the simplest life form, can naturally form. Show proof that the oldest fossil in record can date as far back as 10,000 years without the amount of uncertainty sky rocketing after a couple thousand.

Are you really going to put your faith in the theories of man which continually change just because your scared that you might not be good enough for an afterlife? I can't make you believe in Jesus, but the ONLY way to heaven, weather you believe it or not, is to accept the gift that Jesus gave to us for free. No matter how bad or good a person is, they have no chance of getting into heaven unless they admit their sin, receive the gift that Jesus gave to us,(dying on the cross and washing away ALL our sins) and let him into our heart. He loves everyone no matter what they have done in their past. Why would someone be willing to give up their life, in the horrific way that he did, because of a lie.

Oh, he was crazy? Well that would mean that hundreds of his followers were crazy too, would they all die for a lie? They knew that Jesus was the son of God, and putting up with torture for a while was worth the amazing place that God had for them in heaven.

If any of you are interest, Jack Van Impe presents is on tonight at 1am central, watch that, come back post why you disagree with him. He has lead over 2 million people to Christ through Biblical Prophecy and I'd LOVE to here you argue against him after his show tonight.
Peace Out

[edit on 24-1-2010 by 100Grand]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Are you really going to put your faith in the theories of man which continually change just because your scared that you might not be good enough for an afterlife? I can't make you believe in Jesus, but the ONLY way to heaven, weather you believe it or not, is to accept the gift that Jesus gave to us for free.

Wrong, you can only gain your ticket into Dimension X by accepting the following proposition : "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger", ...or wait maybe it's Ahura Mazda??

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The theory of evolution promotes the belief that animals have developed or evolved from one species into another over a period of millions of years. To this day, in spite of the accumulation of millions of cataloged fossils and scientific research, there is no concrete evidence to support the claims that creatures have transformed from one "kind" into another. There is overwhelming evidence within the substantial fossil record testifying to the fact that there have been changes within species and there is no reason to believe this will not continue. The crucial factor though, is that there is no evidence either in the fossil record or within the realm of living creatures that such changes take place across species. Variety within a certain species is something we recognize and expect. What evolutionists have been searching for since the days of Charles Darwin is the evidence, especially within the fossil record, that creatures somehow crossed the divide from one kind to another.

"Searching for evidence of God is much like a wave on an ocean searching for evidence that the ocean exist." -Sir John M. Templeton

“All truth goes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.” -Schopenheimer

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
-Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Reader

You are aware of mutations?... if not, google 'circus freaks'.

Couple this with your awareness of there being plenty of data to support the claim that all living organisms change/evolve over time to adapt to challenges present in their environment. If you have out of a billion lives of one species... enough mutations (i.e. at least two) that can be successful reproduced/procreate that serve to increase the survivability of that species, to be deemed a whole new branch in itself... then there you go... a new label for a slightly modified model. Like the step from ape to man. We are still apes, just a newer model with extra bells and whistles.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye

You are aware of mutations?... if not, google 'circus freaks'.

Couple this with your awareness of there being plenty of data to support the claim that all living organisms change/evolve over time to adapt to challenges present in their environment. If you have out of a billion lives of one species... enough mutations (i.e. at least two) that can be successful reproduced/procreate that serve to increase the survivability of that species, to be deemed a whole new branch in itself... then there you go... a new label for a slightly modified model. Like the step from ape to man. We are still apes, just a newer model with extra bells and whistles.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

Have any of these "circus freaks" lead to a new species of man? NO! they have a less survival rate of us. Hmm, mutations in a species causes them to be outcast, not reproduce..etc, what GREAT evidence for evolution. Yes of course we have seen changes IN species, but have we ever seen one species become a completely different species? I don't think we have, ever will, or there ever has been, but if you can show me that would be great!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Yes of course we have seen changes IN species, but have we ever seen one species become a completely different species? I don't think we have, ever will, or there ever has been, but if you can show me that would be great!

That's because no one has lived long enough to observe such a phenomenon. That would be like saying "I don't think anyone has ever seen a valley being formed by a river" or "a mountain being elevated 30 ft by geological actibity", although biological change is much faster than those. Yet every geologist recognises these facts. If you accept that mutations occur and that micro-evolution happens, then macro-evolution is inevitable over long periods of time. But the evidence for evolution doesn't come from direct observation of macro-evolution, that isn't necessary.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

*BZZT!*
Artificial speciation, as witnessed by people. We've also seen speciation occur in nature, too. The London Underground, which didn't exist until the 1800s, contains a species of mosquito not found anywhere else on earth. They evolved there, became their own species, and can no longer breed with other mosquitos.

Your assumption that mutations are bad is showing everyone that you clearly slept through biology class.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

*BZZT!*
Artificial speciation, as witnessed by people. We've also seen speciation occur in nature, too. The London Underground, which didn't exist until the 1800s, contains a species of mosquito not found anywhere else on earth. They evolved there, became their own species, and can no longer breed with other mosquitos.

Your assumption that mutations are bad is showing everyone that you clearly slept through biology class.

Its still a mosquito though...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

*BZZT!*

HAHA, I love the website, very promising. I'm not saying your wrong, but your putting your trust in Wikipedia? C'mon, even I'm not that gullible. Did you know gullible is written on your ceiling?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Aaah so you don't know how an encylopaedia works, and yet you think you know more about biology than biologists. All the sources for those claims are at the bottom of the page.

You fail.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I fail? mmk, so I guess if Pluto was considered a planet in an encyclopedia, lets say 10 years ago, you would view it as fact, and NOW because they say it isn't, due to its properties, you believe that as fact. I never said I knew more than anyone, I'm just saying that you can't live and breathe on their every word. Obviously it changes quite a bit...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by 100Grand]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join