It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, Monkey or Both?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

the true belief is that we came from a possible concoction of alien and ape dna so in essence both theories are correct just likt here was a time when it was unacceptable in most circles we didnt evolve from apes nowadays the alien theory is in that position but infact i believe they are both correct!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by The Blind Eye

No, Down's syndrome is not evidence of a missing link.

We already have perfectly enough evidence to categorically demonstrate, without any dissent, that man is an ape, evolved from the same ancestors as the other great apes.

This discussion is pointless. I don't know what you are trying to achieve, or how scouring the internet for strange-looking people will prove anything.

Apparently we don't have enough evidence, for there are still people out there who are not convinced. Telling me that there is enough evidence, is another way of saying don't bring up down syndrome, gingival enlargement and hypertrichosis or any other variable in our genetic makeup. Why call this 'pointless'? ...when these inquiries obviously have a point... a point in the direction that the lines/labels we make to categorize differences... essentially distances ourselves from the fact that we are all a part of the same family. Saying that i am 'scouring the internet for strange-looking people' is another way of saying that you don't approve of this approach i am taking... possibly because it makes you uncomfortable?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The idea that ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny was discredited, and it would also appear that linking Ape evolution to downs syndrome has little merit. A genetic defect does not mean devolution. A Human fetus has gills like neck slits at one early point in development, but that does not mean that we are fish. The mechanics of DNA are such that certain patterns can arise, but it does not necessarily mean that they are linked. Facial features alone are not enough to make the claim that the genetic defect of Down's syndrome indicated devolution to an ancient ancestor. Apes are quite smart and do not suffer the symptoms of downs syndrome.

My two cents.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

...and your two cents on 'gingival enlargement and hypertrichosis' ? ... the same premise?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The longer I live, the more I feel related to all living things. It is super-fulfilling and comforting.
LOVE that picture of the Samoyed man ! How interesting. Thanks.
This picture, and things like it, are why I fear Google Books and Kindle, and our country's new Library policies. When the pages oxidize, will we have a copy? Will the knowledge carry on? Who will decide?
One Love.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join