It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How and When can you change your avatar and signature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I cant find anything on this, and i've tried, and i thought that since i recently reached this "new level" i could but i checked again and still no options to switch.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Everyone can have an avatar/signature from day one and can change it whenever they please. Post count or member status doesn't matter. Let me know what you need help with.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
um.. where is the edit signature button?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
um.. where is the edit signature button?

If you go to the top of the page and click on "member tools" there's a little drop-down menu ... hit "account settings." At the bottom of that page there's a "signature" box that works exactly as a regular post box.

[edit on 3 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Right here on this page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can find that page by looking at the top menu bar. Click on 'Member tools' then 'ATS Account Settings.'

The avatar slot is there, too. You'll need to host your avatar on the ATS Media site: media.abovetopsecret.com...

For step-by-step instructions, here is a thread to help:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hey just wondering if you could help me out with my avatar... I'd like it to actually fit the width of the space... How wide exactly does it have to be?
Thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Seems like a good time to ask about points to buy stuff in the store, how do you get these points?

thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think points just accumulate over time... the more you posts you make and reply to the more points you get.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think points just accumulate over time... the more you posts you make and reply to the more points you get.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post... Computer blinked out on me.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaPrime

How wide exactly does it have to be?

160 pixels in width. The standard avatar size is 160x320 and the maximum allowed is 160x400.

reply to post by EagleClaw

The best way I knew was to write articles and create artwork for TinWiki but they phased that out I think. There are many ways to still go about it, though.

Participate in ATS/BTS contests, create threads, reply to threads (the slow but steady way), make well researched threads and posts to earn applause, participate in the specialized writer, fighter, or scholar forums, etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

well god that was sooo helpful, that's like a guy going into a meat store and asking for some meat since he can't see it, and the seller replying, "I have meat, do you want some?" WELL DUH!

Here's an ingenius totally original and new thought: how about now that 100 years have past someone put a "your profile" link on the top, and in the profile section, "Your signature" box. So hard.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by danielknight]

new topics

top topics

join