It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life or a childs imagination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hello All,

From a very young age when I was a child (I believe my parents say basically from when i learned to talk fully), I would speak of my "other life" where I lived in the desert with my other family. I spoke about this for years to my parents in great detail, describing the names of my family our pets and things we had done. I don't know when I eventually stopped telling them about it, but it was late enough that I can still recall details about it. Even now if I think about it, I immediately get images of a dog and a dwelling in the desert. No city or town or people other then my family.

My question is do you think this was just me using my imagination and telling stories as a kid, or some remnant of a past, or alternate life? My dad was a psychologist who is also into the I guess more mystic side of life as well, and he seemed to think that it wasn't just his kid lying but something more then that.

I appreciate any feed back or in sight on this, and apologies if this is not the place for this to be posted I had no idea where to put it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and a subject that I'm very interested in.

Do you mind sharing with us how old you are now?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I believe this kind of thing is common.

It is a past life. If you want to delve into the experience you can always meditate on it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well some past live memories could be explained by psychological means; however, there are those specific memories that are so direct and so personal that everything changes and conventional psychological and hard science cannot prove why somethings are "remembered". Here are some cool videos that I think you may enjoy:

VIDEO ONE:

VIDEO 2:

Personally, I do believe in reincarnation. There are somethings that seem so naturally impossibile that to not consider it would be problematic. I would personally write everything down and perhaps try and draw pictures. Try to remember names, go to ancerstory.com or something and try to match somethings up. I would be extremely interested to hear as much info as you are willing to give.

It could be a past life or a false memory; however, the images and basic specifics that you have given seem to rule out the false memory already. Because a false memory only focus's on one type of event and you have already mentioned several specifics. So yes it could be a past life.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
Very interesting thread and a subject that I'm very interested in.

Do you mind sharing with us how old you are now?

Yep, I am 25.

And TML thanks for the videos I will definitely watch them when I am less distracted as my girlfriend is watching tv atm.

As far as more details and names go. What is very certain in my mind is that I lived with my father and his wife. It never seemed like she was my mother, but someone that came along after I was born. One part that made me think it was just a childhood imagination is I had told my parents the dog we had was named Eyeball
I can't remember the other peoples names, but it is something I will ask my parents about next time I talk to them (They live in a different country so it might be awhile). It's a little hard to concentrate here right now, so on my next day off I will take some time to meditate and think about this. Off the top of my head tho it seems like this life was either a very long time ago, or in an alternate world as I remember no electronics, or vehicles or anything like that. I also distinctly remember the dog was a german sheppard. I also remember not caring much for my "fathers" wife.

Also I only have memories from this life where I am young child, around the same age as when I would have talked to my parents about this. As I said I will take some to meditate on this in a couple days.

Thanks for the responses.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

i also have memories of a previous existence. they are my earliest memories. i was either an infant or a toddler. i did not like the evolutionary standard of this planet and recalled travelling in some sort of craft between the stars. i could not remember my "home" planet but new the people did not use money and wore long garments or robes and long hair. as far as i know my childhood was normal until i was 5 and WW2 came to singapore. i still find the evolutionary standard of this planet lacking.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Strange but true I do recall me living in the sands in my past life as well, but not as a Human. All I could remember is digging many tunnels in the sand. I told my mother the story many times but she always laugh at me about it. I'm 25 but will be 26 on the 16.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sounds very much like a pastlife to me. Have you considerd past life regression? It's something I am looking into myself.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

I replied earlier, but got lost somewhere.

What I said is - Yes, the memories of a young child are true before this world corrupts those memories.

I am sure we can all remember saying things we remember and our parents saying it is only imagination.

Always believe what children say (until they get old enough to realise that all the adults are lying, in which case they start lying as well).

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
In my own experience I find that

All past lives belong to all ...(we are all one) ...one collective mass consciousness ..(all thoughts are recorded)

When an individual tunes in to a past life that past life is not necessarily their own personal past life
( though it certainly can feel like it is )

It simply is a story/recording/ of an individual life that has been/or will be ....
(all individuals have a unique signal)

When a person tunes into anothers signal then they can read ..the recording

This is how physics tune into people who are alive and people who have past on (out of this existence)

In other words you are simply tuning in to a signal ...
that used a certain frequency for their individual thought/recording

By the way ....time is an illusion ...
so it is also possible to tune into future lives

(As everything is happening now )

Though what is the point ......best be getting on with the one that is in existence "Now"

The sensory you.....
that is right here......
in this space in time..
living and breathing ....
right now ....

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So i realized one way of looking into this further may be through a friend of mine. She does energy work, reads cards etc. I'm gonna ask her about this next time I see her. You guys think someone who is into that type of stuff would be of use with this subject?

top topics

join