It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Financial Struggles Jeopardize 2010 House Election Bids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The National Republican Congressional Committee, the financial arm for GOP House campaigns, has raised less than a third as much money as its Democratic counterpart and ended 2009 with barely enough money to fully finance a single House race, Politico reported Sunday...
...Despite evidence of solid opportunities in at least 40 districts this year, Republican incumbents have donated well below expectations, GOP strategists told Politico.

In the past three months, only 75 of 177 Republicans transferred money into the committee, banking $2.1 million, according to Politico. The average donation was just $28,000, with only 11 members donating $50,000 or more during that period...

www.foxnews.com...

Well, well, well. Even incumbent Republicans, it seems, are abandoning hope, as far as the party goes. They have such little faith, that they are hording their money, to try to save their own elite behinds. Typical. They only care about themselves and retaining power, for themselves.

I am hoping for 2010 to be the Year of the Independent. Wouldn't it be wonderful if, finally, we had an election with no incumbents retaining their offices? Now that's some real hope and change for ya.

Edit: Forgot the link

[edit on 3-1-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Would be nice if we had quality independent candidates.

Not just some average Joe running.

Would also be nice if party line voters abandon the dems and reps to help get those independent elected.

Wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Would be nice if we had quality independent candidates.

I've run across some potentials, right here on ATS!

Would also be nice if party line voters abandon the dems and reps to help get those independent elected.

I believe it all comes down to education, which I think Americans have gotten quite a bit of, over the past year.

Wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened

Alright now, don't start the rain dance, while I'm clearing the parade route!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Rain dance here

Here is a list of some independent candidates for 2010.

Sure more will jump in soon.

politeaparty.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

join