It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security breach at Newark Airport. Terminal C on lockdown after man went through the wrong side of a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
CNN Breaking news...Is this really news? BFD...so someone went through the wrong side of security...is it news worthy? NOPE!

Obviously a slow news day...at least everywhere but DALLAS. GO COWBOYS!

www.cnn.com...
P.S.: Ever notice that NOTHING worth talking about ever happens on Sat. or Sun.?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Awesome. TSA was really on top of the game, I guess.
Really, how hard is it to keep your eyes on the exit? Geez.
Another TSA fail.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Really, how hard is it to keep your eyes on the exit? Geez.
Another TSA fail.

IF that is what they consider "tight security"....then the whole patriot act has been revealed as a COMPLETE FAILURE!!!!!!!!

EDIT: like it needed any assistance

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I would respond the same...
I was walking up to the terminal checkpoint
when

The government sounded like a
Capitol One Credit Card Commercial...

Whats in your Underwear?

I would look for the closest exit also...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Look on the bright side.
At least no one tried to light their private parts on fire. After that we'd have to leave THEM home when we flew also.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

This is just the start of the MSM getting every ounce of milage out of the under wear racquet.

By the way, in Sydney Australia last night Die Hard 2 was the featured sunday night movie, the one about the airport takover, how coincedential HUH.

They should get Bruce Willis look-a-likes in all airports, that would stop even women wearing underwear.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

Ya got a point! That would be a bummer...

TSA is always one step (or more) behind the game. Some potential "threat" gets by them and THEN they step up... only problem is, the potential threat has already moved on to the next creative stage. It's a joke. We're all left without liquids and no shoes after the fact... old news.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

This is just the start of the MSM getting every ounce of milage out of the under wear racquet.

NTSA resopnse: "Is that a banana in your pocket...or you just happy to bomb me?"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

only problem is, the potential threat has already moved on to the next creative stage. It's a joke. We're all left without liquids and no shoes after the fact... old news.

If this is so obvious to us we've got to ask what is really going on. If they're really concerned about our safety seems first thing to do is make sure what is already in place does in fact work. To impose new restrictions will only open the door for more incompetency and human error. I mean this guy's dad saw it coming maybe he should be in charge of airport security.

I suspect all bathroom activity in flight will be monitored. Cameras over the potty and crew knocking on the door every few minutes is going to cause people digestive distress. Not a pretty picture.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Must be a slow news day.....

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Since last week, Ive seen countless breaking news reports of suspicious packages, cars, vans, people etc!
People freaking out again.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's going to get to the point where air travel is going to be prohibitive for more and more people. I already won't fly. Not because I'm afraid, but because of the hassle. We can't take liquids, etc., have to remove our shoes... People who seem suspicious are pulled aside and searched... It's ridiculous! And the sad part of all this is that this means that the terrorists (fear-mongers or whatever you want to call them) have won. Because what they did made us so afraid as a nation that we have stifled ourselves out of fear. That's the whole idea of terrorism.

I don't know what else could have been done in the story of the OP. They couldn't resume normal operations until they figured out what happened or else searched everyone there. But how they let someone get through the wrong side is insane! That's the whole purpose of security! Someone really messed up.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
WNBC confirms that police have caught man they believe was intruder who caused shutdown of terminal at Newark, N.J., airport on Sunday

new topics

top topics

join