It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday 2012 The End of Days & The Apocolypse Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This documentary is on right now (eastern standard time) it started at 8pm followed by "Apocalypse Island" a 2 hour special "Following an explorer's journey to a Pacific island to prove a theory regarding Mayan predictions regarding the apocalypse and the significance of the date 2012" both documentaries are dated 2012, so they're brand new, they include up to date information as well as info we are all already informed about but I highly recommend you all tune in to see what they are all about.

This isn't fear mongering, this is science and research based which is why I feel a need to alert people to tune into the History Channel to watch these documentaries.

Yes I know there is a lot of bulls*it within a lot of these types of documentaries but after the first 20+ minutes of this first documentary, I am liking the way they put it together so I suggest anyone with interest in 2012, the Mayans, etc. to take a look.

Wanted to add that this whole week on the History Channel is about doomsday scenarios and such (and I believe is all new material, or at least new documentaries). Here is a link to armageddon type videos on the History Channel.

So check out the History Channel now, or check your local listings for future dates of repeats of the episodes.

Here is a link to the History Channel show schedules

Decoding The Past: Doomsday 2012: The End of Days There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday. The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called "The Web-Bot Project" makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future... and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays", but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record. As the year 2012 ticks ever closer we'll speculate if there are any reasons to believe these doomsayers.

Apocalypse Island: Does a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean hold the final clue to the Mayan's apocalyptic predictions concerning 2012? One explorer thinks he's discovered the answers that have eluded man for centuries. Jim Turner stumbled on this remote artifact over a decade ago and has spent the past ten years preparing an expedition to prove that this is the place they foretold that the gods would come to watch the final minutes of civilization as we know it.
(more research is needed on this subject most definitely)

Information taken from here

Hope you all catch these documentaries! I'll try and get links to them once they are uploaded online and add them to this thread later.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

[edit on 1/4/2010 by semperfortis]

[edit on 4-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

Here are the next showings of the Apocalypse Island (I couldn't find any more showing of the Doomsday 2012 The End of Days but it is for sale):

Apocalypse Island: Sunday, January 10 2 am
Apocalypse Island: Saturday, January 09 10 pm

[edit on 4-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The end of the world not until 20,120? Sweet. I can handle that.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I saw the Apocalypse Island show, VERY intriguing. Looks like a giant monument to me. Wish I could find a screen capture our picture to post on here.....call me crazy but I think this guy's theory could have profound meaning. So many ruins, so little time...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The Juan Fernandez Island....It appears the explorer had kept his find secret until the airing of the show.
Juan Fernandez Link

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Apocalypse Island was pretty disappointing. Especially when I had to ask myself why the men didn't just dock to the nearby village on the island, rather than 'risk their lives' by rowing ashore.

Leading up to the great reveal of a 'giant' Mayan sculpture? Too weathered to really be distinguishable as much of anything, sounded a bit too much like pareidolia than anything worthwhile. The most interesting part of the whole two hours was the fact that the Mayans had books.

I didn't catch the other show but I don't expect too much from it. I'll have to do some research on this Venus eclipse idea he had.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You aren't crazy, the theory behind the island in which Jim Turner has revealed may change the view of the Mayan predictions. One thing is for certain, more investigation is needed.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I was absolutely baffled when I saw this. I am about to start school for astronomy and archeology, specifically for the Mayan culture. Upon more research I found James Turner's website on "Apocalypse Island."
Apocalypse Island
It's not very flashy but it has some very interesting diagrams and graphs that show exactly what he's talking about with the transit of venus and the winter solar eclipse. Very cool stuff.
I will definatly be keeping an eye on this, hopefully a more in-depth archeological study will happen soon so we can get to the bottom of this strange happening.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Dank513]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have been doing quite a bit of research over the last few weeks on this subject. I will give you a brief detail of what I have discovered.

James Cook (Captain Cook, arr!) and Charles Darwin travelled to the Galapagos and viewed the previous transit of Venus.

According to my Globe the Galapogos was or still is part of Equador.

There is a small village and airport and even tourism to the Island, however searches lead little in the way of results in the facts we really want to know.

The Islands are directly SOUTH of NEW ORLEANS and lie on the equator, just South of there at 23º27 is where the sun sets in the Trpoic of Cancer on the winter solstice December 21, 2012. The earthquakes Island of Haiti and Chile are in alignemnt to these locations and directly related to at least relative coordinately speaking to the transit of Venus.

The last transit of Venus was back in 2004. There are images available of Venus Crossing in front if the sun.

en.wikipedia.org...

A transit of Venus across the Sun takes place when the planet Venus passes directly between the Sun and Earth, obscuring a small portion of the solar disk. During a transit, Venus can be seen from Earth as a small black disk moving across the face of the Sun. The duration of such transits is usually measured in hours (the transit of 2004 lasted six hours). A transit is similar to a solar eclipse by the Moon, but, although the diameter of Venus is almost 4 times that of the Moon, Venus appears smaller because it is much farther away from Earth. Before the space age, observations of transits of Venus helped scientists use the principle of parallax to calculate the distance between the Sun and the Earth.
Transits of Venus are among the rarest of predictable astronomical phenomena and currently occur in a pattern that repeats every 243 years, with pairs of transits eight years apart separated by long gaps of 121.5 years and 105.5 years. The periodicity is a reflection of the fact that the orbital periods of Earth and Venus are close to 8:13 and 243:395 resonances. Before 2004, the last pair of transits were in December 1874 and December 1882. The first of a pair of transits of Venus in the beginning of the 21st century took place on 8 June 2004 (see Transit of Venus, 2004) and the next will be on 6 June 2012 (see Transit of Venus, 2012). After 2012, the next transits of Venus will be in December 2117 and December 2125.[1][2]
A transit of Venus can be safely observed by taking the same precautions used when observing the partial phases of a solar eclipse. Staring at the brilliant disk of the Sun (the photosphere) with the unprotected eye can quickly cause serious and often permanent eye damage.[3]

Anhow there is a lot more information out there and it is all very directly related with the Dresden Codex and Mayan Calendar. This is one of the most interesting subjects ever.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by 12.21.12]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am watching this right now...it is so fascinating. Came to ATS as always for more information. When the guy was talking about how the eclipse, the transit of Venus, and the other thing (I forgot! Shame on me!) all occurs in 2012, it made me wonder why people keep refuting the date of 2012. Let's dig into this, everybody! Haha.
-FCL

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Apocalypse Island was pretty disappointing. Especially when I had to ask myself why the men didn't just dock to the nearby village on the island, rather than 'risk their lives' by rowing ashore.

Leading up to the great reveal of a 'giant' Mayan sculpture? Too weathered to really be distinguishable as much of anything, sounded a bit too much like pareidolia than anything worthwhile. The most interesting part of the whole two hours was the fact that the Mayans had books.

I didn't catch the other show but I don't expect too much from it. I'll have to do some research on this Venus eclipse idea he had.

I was going to look up this today because I noticed they said sparsely populated not unpopulated. When they were hiking I swore I saw a row of white posts along an edge also.

It sounds like you answered my questions, this island has people on it already. I do however feel that this was probably forced on them for the show and that the base of the story still remains true. I'm interested in seeing more.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's on again and a really interesting show.
These two guys go to an isolated island in the middle of the pacific ocean
In search on a Mayan monument and it's relation to 2012 prophecy.

new topics

top topics

join