It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy killed by bullet 'fired three miles away'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

I know why they named it that.
IMO it is not best to start off with a lie that is proven in your article to be just that

Not so good for credibility .

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
reply to post by Magnivea

I know why they named it that.
IMO it is not best to start off with a lie that is proven in your article to be just that

Not so good for credibility .
Probably not but really think about how many people are actually going to question the story versus the number that will now be anti gun activists or at least blindly accept it as gospel. (Roflcopters, gospel. Get it? 'cause of the church thing? Ahhhh crap I see what I did thar.

[edit on 1/4/10 by Magnivea]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
its a sad and terrible accident should we ban guns for it no. why not because guns are cthe real power of the people. i live in us of a if anybody looked at source its the uk. i haven't heard any mainstrem media making a fuss about this absolute tragedy. same thing happened a few years ago some police men were firing at something a shot went wild and killed a little boy fishing with his granddaddy now are we supposed to take guns from our cops no. why because it was an accident. now don't believe i am against the british i am not i greatly enjoy bbc telivision series like doctor who torchwood and enjoy watching many of your fine actors. but i believe if you had a right to bear arms you would have a significantly less number of people stabbed with samurai swords combat knives kitchen cutlery and beaten to death with clubs and cricket bats.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
THIS ARTICLE IS LYING.

Terminal velocity of any hunting cartridge is not enough to kill anything more than a windshield. even fired directly, it would be hard to get a hunting cartridge to cut through a roof of a building with enough velocity to kill something.

HURTFUL TRUTH

Use your heads people.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

This guy watches Mythbusters, we better take his advise and start using our heads.

Just ignore these past incidents.
www.rcgroups.com...
www.clickorlando.com...
www.endgunviolence.com...[0D44C5F1-C425-4ACA-B209-0D51F4F97474]&DE=[1432083D-22B7-436D-9530-56E63AB5F2B4]
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...

I could go on and on ... but I think I made my point

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm not buying this.

Mythbusters debunked this "myth" long ago by testing various calibers of bullets fired up into the air. The result was that the falling bullet did little to impact the soft ground the fell to, and thus it was concluded that at most it would only cause blunt trauma to a skull.

I've also seen other higher calibers tested like this to very similar results.

So you are meaning to tell me, that despite numerous tests in this area, this particular bullet was able to fall using only gravity, go through a church roof (at least made of wood and more than likely shingles) and penetrate the child's skull after all that?

Sorry, doesn't sound possible in that scenario. MAYBE if there was no roof and the child has a soft skull it could have caused damage, but I don't see it going through his head to the point that they couldn't find out what it was until later.

Smells funny to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proof positive religion will not save you!

The Church (or religion) isn't supposed to "save you".

It saves your "soul".

...and keeps you from questioning authority and trying to better the more miserable aspects of existence.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
I'm not buying this.

Mythbusters debunked this "myth" long ago by testing various calibers of bullets fired up into the air. The result was that the falling bullet did little to impact the soft ground the fell to, and thus it was concluded that at most it would only cause blunt trauma to a skull.

No they didn't. They proved that a bullet shot at exactly or very close to 90 degrees is not lethal. At any other angle the bullets remain stabilized by the initial spin.

The source claims the bullet came from 3 miles away, no bullet fired at 90 degrees is going to travel that distance, heck, this was no small pistol, this was a high caliber round if it indeed traveled that distance.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

So you are meaning to tell me, that despite numerous tests in this area, this particular bullet was able to fall using only gravity, go through a church roof (at least made of wood and more than likely shingles) and penetrate the child's skull after all that?

You fail to include for the Ballistics.

*Also, You are also the only one saying:"only gravity..."

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
... most likely, the shooter was about a half mile away and the gun was tilted at about 30 or 40 degrees ...

I posted about the wrong done when the reporter gave the title to this article

Injury/death a happens from "celebration fire" ^-- up there I pointed to a few examples

[edit on 4-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I couldnt be bothered reading 3 more pages of it was gods fault or the churches fault or even the parents fault but please how did they determine the bullet was shot from 3 miles away?*flame if you must*
Fotsyfots

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
A real tragedy. A bit bizarre and unbelievable too. I don't think it would matter if this happened to a kid at the zoo, at a science expedition or Buddhist temple. Sure there will be people who use stories like this for propaganda purses, or those who want to jump on the "see-how-evil-religion-is" bandwagon. A tragic, freak accident is to blame in this case.

P.S. There are guns that can penetrate body armour with a single bullet. If a bullet fell from a high place, theoretically it could do serious damage if it descended with the point facing downwards. Even if the force behind the bullet is not factored in, a falling piece of sharp metal from a high place can hurt people. Even a 5 cent coin can do some serious harm if it is dropped from high enough...

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat

What a tragedy, only the good die young though.

Proof positive religion will not save you! Did the gun kill the boy or his parents dragging a three year old to church?

Cause and effect.

Another church-related death!

"This is your brain on religion."

Hind sight is 20/20 but clearly the child would have been better served by guitar lessons!

If there is a G-d he definately has one warped sense of humor and is one heck of a sadist!

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. -Voltaire

So . . . lesson learned, don't fire your guns in the air aimlessly.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

But then unless the child was in the eaves of the roof....Allowing for a flatter trajectory with a higher velocity ?

If i'm inside a building and want to see the roof i would be looking more or less straight up.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but how can a bullet fired into the sky end up killing someone when it falls?

Wouldn't the bullet lose its speed when it falls? A minor bump on the head would make sense but piercing roof or someones head don't sound right.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Remember the lou dobbs thing and i said it was some cop firing at homeless people. See how it happens, planks of wood with guns in america, with no concern for humans, and think they are allowed to do anything.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Just the other day a child was killed in a freakish auto accident, siting concerns about the cause of the accident....................................

I believe we should ban guns, cars, tobacco, alcohol, pointy objects and udder dangggerrous objects.

We should all live in padded homes and be required to wear protective suits with oven type mitts and helmets.

Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip............................................/s

I feel bad for the child and parents.

I do not want any controls to save me from myself or others, leave me the frell alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
There is a story from Sweden some 10 years old or something.

A guy was at a shooting range, and fired the last bullet at a 45 degree angle with a swedish version of the AG3 tifle.

some 4.5 KM behind the shooting range, there is a car driving by, with the window down.
The female driver, get's shot in the temperal coretex and dies instantly.

They did the math, so if the girl had driven with the window up, she would have survived.

I'we tried googling the news, but haven been successfull...

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Phoebus]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

What a tragedy, only the good die young though.

Proof positive religion will not save you! Did the gun kill the boy or his parents dragging a three year old to church?

Cause and effect.

Muhammad on a bike, where to start with this

"ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG"- nonsense, many old people who die are "good"

"RELIGION" will not save you- what gibberish, religion does not promise physical immortality, it is because of the inherent fragility of the earthly realm that religion offers to "save you"

And, definitely the gun killed the kid

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

if you really think that guns should be banned to " prevent " occurances like this - whats your opinion on cars ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join