It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy killed by bullet 'fired three miles away'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Let's say that there is a God, then is he a sadist if in the end, nobody really dies? What if the soul representing the toddler chose that fate(for some type of learning experience, though at this point, I can't see what it is)?

The universe is full of vast and infinite possiblities that lend themselves to all kinds of speculation.

Was the child meant to be perhaps at another point in the universe? It's entirely possible.

It's a tragedy either way, and as shameful as it is to just fire a gun up into the air, as a parent I wouldn't drag a three year old out on New Years eve for that very reason.

I don't go outside on New Years eve for that very reason.

In other words I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

What's a three year old who can barely speak getting out of church other than being indoctrinated into ritual and myth?

Children are precious they should be looked after.

Honestly I blame the parents, it's not safe to go out on New Years Eve.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Then what can stop people from shooting p the air to prevent other from being hurt Anyone got some solutions?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wait how about this that will own bulletproof roofs that will stop people from being kiled by stray bullets if the are inside a building

[edit on 3-1-2010 by starwarsisreal]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Then what can stop people from shooting p the air to prevent other from being hurt Anyone got some solutions?

Absolutely not a thing. Most sensible people stay in doors New Years Eve!

If it makes a noise, if it makes a flash, if it explodes people set it off on New Years Eve. The Fourth of July too.

Let me put it to you this way, I can't control or be responsible for everything everyone else in the world does.

I can exercise caution and common sense and control what I do though.

I didn't go out on New Years Eve and I wouldn't have dragged a small child along with me if I had.

News Flash it is entirely possible to pray from the safety of one's own home!

People go to church for ritual and to socialize.

Religion and faith are two different things.

No matter what laws you make people are always going to break them from time to time.

Be your own Master and you don't have to worry about trying to be everyone elses!

Its very simple.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't believe the story, frankly.

How does a falling bullet gather enough energy to penetrate the roof of a building, for one thing? It has no energy, aside from its smallish mass under the force of gravity. The thing would have no more power to penetrate a church roof than would a bit of icy hail of the same mass.

If hail had the force to penetrate solid structures, there would be thousands (if not millions) of hail-related deaths annually of people struck inside protective structures.

For another thing, how the hell do they calculate a distance of "three miles away"??

In order to fall out of the sky and land on a target 3 miles away, a bullet would first have to achieve an altitude of over a mile on an arcing trajectory.

What gun is capable of firing a bullet upwards, against the force of gravity, to an altitude of over a mile? Well, a military anti-aircraft round could reach that high — but not any civilian firearm.

Perhaps a 22 long rifle round could reach that altitude; but are you going to suggest that a tiny little 22 round could penetrate the roof of a building while falling out of the sky?

So, what landed on this kid's head in reality? An anti-aircraft round?? Perhaps an iron/nickel meteor?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/3/2010 by Doc Velocity]

link   

well look I believe we should own firearms. I believe their should be a school for how to use firearms properly like a teacher teaching telling them never to fire on the air. I believe that will reduce all risks of bullets being fired in the air. Plus you comment is way off topic

not off topic, it addressed the point that was being raised about firearms which is the point in question, not religion. i'm not going to get into another 'guns good or bad' argument because they always end up going in the same circles so i'll try another angle;

with a 300m population most of whom brought up being told that to own a gun is normal and a right suddenly telling them 'one second these things might not be safe, here are some criteria you must meet, here is a course you must go on and a test you must take.' isn't going to go down very well and the people telling them this probably won't even be sympathetic to the cause so it will be made no more difficult to own a gun, and if it was made any harder to get one then illegal trading of firearms would just sky rocket because lets face it america has more guns than people. America is so far past any hope of gun control that nothing will have any affect and the first person who speaks out will be shot down straight away. (excuse the pun)

link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

But still people should stop blaming Religion that's totally off topic. I mean it can happen if the kid is walking down the street or at home

It didn't though it happened in a church on a blue moon in a part of Georgia and the South the Devil is known to show up to tune guitars and fiddles!

In the Phillippines bullets went down to homes how do you explain that

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by starwarsisreal

Chop everyone hands off? Glue Kevlar helmets to everyones head?

It's like asking "how can we stop people falling down?" or "how do we stop car accidents?"

We can't. Folks need to accept that no matter how many laws are on the books or how many years of education people have or how much life experience people have accidents and intentional destruction will happen.

The police department is there but they won't come until you've already been assaulted. The fire department is there but your house will still burn down. The military is there but we'll still be attacked.

Accepting this is a very important step toward living truly free. The constant attempts to create abd subsequently maintain this illusion of safety makes slaves of us all.

In short, there is nothing that can be done. And that's okay.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

But still people should stop blaming Religion that's totally off topic. I mean it can happen if the kid is walking down the street or at home

It didn't though it happened in a church on a blue moon in a part of Georgia and the South the Devil is known to show up to tune guitars and fiddles!

In the Phillippines bullets went down to homes how do you explain that

The Phillipines is a very religious nation!

We are definately starting to see a patern here huh?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I read that article. How sad for the family....

link   
Decatur, Georgia has a lot of gang violence.
On the hub of Atl.

Also, it IS very sad for the family who lost their child!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Clearskies]

link   

what's up with you in Religion man. This has nothing to do with relgiion
Athiests can die at their own homes because a bullet fell from their rooftop

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

what's up with you in Religion man. This has nothing to do with relgiion
Athiests can die at their own homes because a bullet fell from their rooftop

Name one!

Clearly this boy died involved in some kind of religious ritual taking place on a blue moon.

The facts speak for themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

The article does say the bullet was most likely fired closer than 3 miles.
A projectile of that size would have little punch left after a 3 mile flight and having to pierce the roof. Guessing AK 47 seems odd.
I have found many spent rounds that landed on the roofs of Richmond VA.
Flatter type roofs. The projectiles were not deformed in any way.
Mostly .25 cal.
Sounds like a hunting accident or an assault on the church by Atheists. Along with all the gang banging and lack of hunter safety requirements it's a wonder this stuff doesn't happen more often.
People that pull the trigger kill. Not guns. Not Churches or the folks that build the churches. Not God or a sacred cow.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well let's make a swap shall we. Let's say in the place of the child it's YOU!
Even if an athiest sitting on the spot at the time would have gotten killed

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well let's make a swap shall we. Let's say in the place of the child it's YOU!
Even if an athiest sitting on the spot at the time would have gotten killed

Where there any athiests in the church at the time that the boy was killed?

You know tiny three year old athiests?

This has all the halmarks of a classic religious sacrifice. A blue moon, New Years Eve, a Church and a small boy dead all add up to one thing in my book!

Black magic.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
A projectile of that size would have little punch left after a 3 mile flight and having to pierce the roof. Guessing AK 47 seems odd.

Exactly my point.

If you'd like to find for yourself a few example of bullets out of the sky, try searching a large parking lot — like, say, at Walmart or down at your local mall. These vast expanses of asphalt act as catcher's mitts for lots of ordnance fired into the local sky.

I've found spent .38 rounds, .357 rounds, and .45 rounds that have fallen out of the blue and landed in asphalt parking lots.

Hardly any deformity at all, maybe a little flattening on one side of the nose. But certainly not enough to penetrate the roof of a building.

For godsake, it almost sounds like the killer round — IF it came out of the sky at all — was FIRED FROM an airborne platform. Say, a shooter firing from a helicopter, straight down at the church.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I totally agree with you "Doc" this is bs.

Its the same scenario as the dropping a penny off the Eiffel Tower with the thoughts it could kill a passer by below........Debunked.

The terminal velocity of such a small object was proven not to have enough energy to kill someone, Let alone going through a roof first.

IMO the only possibility for this to have happened would be for the bullet to have been fired from a position ABOVE the church, As from an aircraft or helicopter.

E2a that a double agreement to your post above too

G-d i'm slow at typing

[edit on 3-1-2010 by ken10]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yo know what pal forget it. This is way over edge especially when you are incorporating relgion to just some kind separate incident that doesn't involve religion

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Tonight's blue moon might not be the auspicious start to a new decade that people hope it is.

The month's second full moon could be the devil taunting humanity -- at least that's what Christians believed during the Middle Ages, said Gregory McNamee, who writes for Encyclopedia Britannica.

Medieval Christians used the moon to identify the correct date for Easter, said McNamee, who's based in Tucson.

Each month was supposed to have just one full moon, so the Christians called a second one "belew" -- Middle English for "false" or "betrayer," McNamee said.

"It was like Satan was trying to trick you so you can't celebrate the real date of Christ's Resurrection," he said.

So The Lord of the Bottomless Pit has something in common with the song that begins "Bom-ma-bom, a-bom-bom-a-bom." The Marcels' "Blue Moon" hit No. 1 in 1961.

Pittsburghlive.com

Oh no the plot thickens!

I mean how much more evidence could you want?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join