It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy killed by bullet 'fired three miles away'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

I tend to agree that quite a few people are missing the points that I am trying to share with them.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t always make them drink.

It’s a labor of love though and sometimes people have a hard time understanding that love has to be tempered with wisdom and compassion. It can’t simply be indulgent but sometimes have to be tough love.

I do my best to humbly try to do that, and learn what I can too from others along the way.

As dear old mom used to say its all fun and games until someone looses an eye and then sorry is never enough.

The funny thing is I am sure there are a lot of regretful people who are personally involved. The person who shot the gun if they know what happened I imagine feels terrible for their actions. The parents likewise probably wish they had stayed home and feel responsible themselves. I know as a parent I sure would. The people who approved and built the cheap roof on that church probably feel rotten too.

All of them will probably learn some very hard but very valuable lessons from it.

It’s a shame more people here on ATS don’t fell the same.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate them very much

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Proto, the message you are sending is the right one, but I do not agree that it applies to this specific situation. The points you raise are valid and important, but they do not apply to this situation. What occurred is really a freak accident that while theoretically could have been prevented, it is irrational to assume the average person needs to be aware of the dangers in relation to the situation.

Parental responsibility is of the utmost importance. You cannot rely on the state to raise your kids, you have to do it yourself! Yep, it makes you wonder why certain people have kids when they do not intend to raise them properly! How are you meant to grow up when you weren't raised?

Sure, you could say that if the parents did not take the child with them, he would not have been harmed. But what if they took him to the supermarket after finishing work? Maybe they wanted to buy him a drink and a chocolate and spend some part of the day with their kid. Minutes later a robbery takes place and the kid is shot. You could argue that it was not an ideal time to take your kid to the supermarket. However, don't you agree blaming the parent in this situation would be irrational?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Now folks chill this i not a religion related problem but a firearm problem. I believe there should be laws banning firearms from being fired up in the air.

Was anyone not attending this church struck by a bullet from a gun fired up in the air?

The religion did in fact build the church in the path of the bullet!

even though i really don't like super-religious people as much as you do, you have to give credit for the chrisitians on this one: judging from when the bullet was shot, the church was there first.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat

What a tragedy, only the good die young though.

Proof positive religion will not save you! Did the gun kill the boy or his parents dragging a three year old to church?

Cause and effect.

Another church-related death!

"This is your brain on religion."

Hind sight is 20/20 but clearly the child would have been better served by guitar lessons!

If there is a G-d he definately has one warped sense of humor and is one heck of a sadist!

I suppose you have no problem with how insipid and moronic your reasoning is? Blaming God or the church that matter for the irresponsible actions of the shooter is typical leftist/atheist stupidity.

Just because bad things happen or the world is unfair in some sense does not preclude the existence of God. In fact it's all the more reason to get right with God before the next stray bullet or stray virus takes you out. (You in the figurative sense, just so you know that I'm not threatening you.)

God has already told us this world is crappy and unfair and won't be cleaned up until the appointed time. Make the best of it before judgment day, because after that it just get's worse for the sinner and unbeliever.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I suppose you have no problem with how insipid and moronic your reasoning is? Blaming God or the church that matter for the irresponsible actions of the shooter is typical leftist/atheist stupidity.

You might want to go spend a little time in Pennsylvanian Dutch County so the Amish can actually familiarize you with the tenants of Christianity my friend.

Many people posting to the thread who in fact claim to be are entirely devoid of any of the social graces their savior tried to impart in them…go figure huh.

Conversely conventional forum wisdom is that such accusations of others arguments are actually and indictment against your own.

Though I suppose this makes the emotionally ruled as opposed to the divinely inspired feel a bit better.

My logic is rock solid, my reasoning is sound.

That so many people choose to attempt to personally libel me for it, instead of it, suggests its value as being such.

Let us revue shall we…

1. The Church was definitely built to substandard building codes structurally and was especially cheaply constructed as a church as most churches go.
2. The parents were definitely negligent in dragging a three year old child out late at night during a record cold snap and cold and flu season on perhaps the most dangerous night of the year to be out.
3. The person who fired the gun knew nothing about SAFETY either.

Logic and common sense do have a tendency to be rejected by the overly emotional, superstitious and those who employ closed circular logic that only deals with partial equations with preselected answers aimed at deniability and a lack of responsibility.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

No my friend I don't. I believe children are precious and the utmost caution and discretion should be used especially in their youngest and most vulnerable years. They aren't Gucci or Luis Vutton accessories. They are fragile forms of life that need extra protection.

It's great to want to have a child its also great to wait until one can be at the place and stage in life both financially and maturity wise where they are prepared to safeguard it.

I don't go out myself New Years eve because of the slight but real potential added danger.

I have never taken my children out on New Years eve either.

Of course its absolutely fair to place a portion of the blame on the parents.

I can assure you that the parents are placing blame on themselves.

Any parent would when harm befalls their child, most children once grown who care for their elderly and infirm parents likewise blame themselves too when harm befalls them as do most pet owners.

Frankly I have a hard time understanding why so few people get this, other than they are likely not parents, or likely just imagining the situation based on hypothetical purely emotional reaction.

No one posting to this thread has any idea what the parents actually think or feal, that is purely speculative.

I do know how I feel as a parent, that I don't have to speculate about. I know how some other parents feel as parents and I don't have to speculate about that either.

The plain truth is that a number of people come on line to these and other forums just to vent other emotions from their own day to day life through a process of transference.

They are relatively powerless to effect change in the things that make them angry in life, so they look for ways that they feel that they can safely vent that anger and frustration.

A good bid of the rudeness and name calling taking place in this thread is simply a by product of that.

The reality is that none or hardly any of them would behave this way towards me in my physical person if they had to deal with the possible physical consequences of that.

That's why they have so much pent up anger and frustration and emotion that comes spilling out on line, because in the real world they don't know how to effectively deal with most of lifes challenges and the things that challenge them.

Of course I am not Christian but I forgive people for this. They are after all only human and humans make mistakes. Just like the parents did in taking the child out, the designer of the church did in building it so cheaply and the person who shot the gun in the air.

Actual Christians would forgive all three, psuedo religious types just wrap themselves in the Bible and religion and G-d to vent and impose.

I actually know the difference between the two.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

even though i really don't like super-religious people as much as you do, you have to give credit for the chrisitians on this one: judging from when the bullet was shot, the church was there first.

This is true, I hand it to them for managing to build their church with a cheap roof right in the path of falling stray bullets on a Holiday that has nothing to do with religion that they filled up to fill up their collection plate anyway!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is Marquel Peters by the way, the little boy that was killed in the church.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cca716a276a.jpg[/atsimg]

He was there for a concert that began at 12:30 AM.

He was not killed instantly and evidently according to News Accounts the fellow parishioners felt he would be alright and actually went on with the concert.

The concert was still going on at 3:30 AM in the morning when his mother called the church to let them know that the boy had died.

Doctors at the Atlanta Children’s Hospital had hoped to be able to operate but were unable too.

I don’t know which of you parents out there take your 3 year old to concerts that begin after midnight and last to dawn but I don’t actually believe it’s a wise idea my self.

By the way I sent a donation to the family earlier today, in care of the Church to the Peters Family

The Address for the Church is 3329 Covington Dr, Decatur GA 30032-2213 and there phone number is 404-286-6126, if anyone wants to call to see how they might help out the family in it’s time of need. The child was actually being raised by a single mother.

Let the Proto bashing resume!

[edit on 5/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
if you want to celebrate and shoot at the same time just use blanks, they make a good amount of noise and wont hurt unless shot directly at the person close by.(20 feet)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Now folks chill this i not a religion related problem but a firearm problem. I believe there should be laws banning firearms from being fired up in the air.

Yeah - we all know that people never break the law and if they even when they do by accident will always turn themselves into the police, especially when they have no way of knowing that the bullet hit someone and no one witnessed them firing the gun.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You parade that boy's photo in your post as though you ever came across at any time in this thread as caring. Yes I saw the church website, and the condolences next to his picture and felt grieved for the loss of an innocent.

You have claimed the church were responsible, claimed ridiculous notions of UK / Rothschild conspiracies, said that the parents were irresponsible and that the church was simply filling its own collection plate - then you go ahead and claim to have made a donation to the parents, through the very church that was built sub-standard and, in your opinion, only opened that night not for celebration but for financial gain, and yet you wish to financially compensate the parents for their loss by giving the church money? I fail to see anything other than the reprehensible act of attempting to redeem or clear oneself of their previous bashing of the innocents in this case by making oneself out to be a good samaritan.

You are clearly anything but. You are in fact potentially the lowest self serving (emotional reaction incoming) agenda pushing piece of sh** I've had the misfortune of meeting on these boards in a very very long time.

You failed time and again to consider the previous post's were simply serving to show you that what you were saying was an offense to the family of the deceased. And yet, like good little followers, some of your more brainwashed allies would applaud your insincerity and thoughtlessness. I know that you need no encouragement to continue your outrageous and outlandish remarks, perhaps just another tot of the juice?

As a parent, I shook my head and tutted through the utter drivel you spouted throughout the night.

As a human being I resented your lack of emotion, and your blaming of others emotion for their sensible posts urging the ridiculousness to stop.

If I were the parent in question and had any inkling of where the money donated to the church had come from, and the remarks made by that individual, I would deliver it right back, most likely with a well deserved smack. You seem to have suggested that one forum member 'commit suicide' over his apparent failure to read your comments properly. Are you seriously suggesting any of us don't see through your facade? You are clearly emotionally challenged and enjoy coaxing and prodding members into an argument by ways of reverting to subject matter relating to that posters country of origin or belief system. Counting your stars and wearing them as badges of pride in a topic where no one should ever hope to seek applause, particularly for downright senseless remarks.

You truly are a nasty piece of work Traveler, regardless of how many times you hide behind your donation to the family - a most selfish act if ever I saw one after the comments you posted.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Pr0t0]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is not an isolated case.

Italian boy shot by falling bullet in Miami New Year celebrations

"Andrea and his parents, from Treviso, Italy, were sitting at an outside restaurant when the 6-year-old complained of chest pains shortly after midnight. When his parents inspected his body, they discovered a bullet entry wound. "

Cheers CCC

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Let us revue shall we…

1. The Church was definitely built to substandard building codes structurally and was especially cheaply constructed as a church as most churches go.
2. The parents were definitely negligent in dragging a three year old child out late at night during a record cold snap and cold and flu season on perhaps the most dangerous night of the year to be out.
3. The person who fired the gun knew nothing about SAFETY either.

1. Oh yeah, all buildings open to public should be bullet proof
  2. So negligent of them, they should know the safe time for children in public is 3.35pm till 3.47pm preceded by dangerous pediphile time and succeeded by drug dealers time.
  3. Well, I guess that excuses him...

I'm being sarcastic, if that wasn't already obvious.

Kinda reminds me of this episode on peoples court, where a womans defence for her dog attacking is that the little girl (Victim) should have known better then to walk her own dog on the PUBLIC path!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Can someone tell me how we are supposed to 100% accident proof our world?
Here's a couple of ideas....
You should not drive a vehicle because of road accidents
You shouldn't go out on the pavement/sidewalk either because cars have been known to mount them and run people over
Crossing a field should be banned because cows might stomp you to death
Don't cook anything because you might get burned
Definitely avoid the use of knves when you cook - you might cut yourself
Don't have a TV because sometimes they catch fire or explode
Oh and beware of going to church in case a bullet comes through the roof...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Proto,
I have read your posts, and commented that you know ashamedly little about firearms, ballistics, weapons, trajectories and velocities.

This lack of understanding is inversely proportional to the volume of words you type about responsibility of various parties in this tragic incident.

I have observed that your grammar is inaccurate. Along with the majority of your observations.

I objectively see you pointing your finger at various and sundry parties.

I propose that you bear that burden first, take responsibility for yourself to learn grammar, and ballistics, physics, math, and other subjects.

Then welcome yourself to comment profusely on this subject.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by countercounterculture

You do realize that your entire response here is WHAT proto was getting you TO!

What he has done was brilliant!

Playing the TOTAL hypocrite was his way of getting you to this realization that life cannot be guaranteed safe!

OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

My friend your version of tact leaves a lot to be desired from where I sit.

Really? I'm not the one who starting apportioning blame to those who are suffering most in this tragedy, that was you.

I have been through your threads. you like to dictate to people based on your own perspective.

Isn't that what you have done since your very first post? My perspective was that of any reasonable person: This was a terrible thing to happen. I did not start making up wild baseless claims, that was you. All I have been trying to do is make you accept the possibility that what you said could be deemed offensive and was perhaps the wrong thing to say. I'm not saying any of your conspiracy ideas are beyond contemplation, just that this thread was not the place for them. Have you ever heard the expression "too soon"?

Though suicide is always an option for some!

You accuse me of dictating to people based on my perspective then proceed to suggest I kill myself for not agreeing with you? It seems that not only are you stubborn & arrogant but you are also a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by countercounterculture

You do realize that your entire response here is WHAT proto was getting you TO!

What he has done was brilliant!

Playing the TOTAL hypocrite was his way of getting you to this realization that life cannot be guaranteed safe!

OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE!

Actually it’s kind of sad if you ask me friend. For all the personal vitriol being shown on this thread not one person has actually done anything personally in regards to this tragedy but me as far as I know.

They all have the time to be critical to be hostile, to defend those actions of being critical and hostile as some how being important and helpful to someone (themselves) but not of them would lift a finger to help those truly affected by the tragedy.

Many of them in fact can not see that they have no earthly concept of goodwill, charity, compassion or wisdom.

They would like to make themselves feel good by making others feel bad. This is how they are trained to react and think, utterly incapable of seeing things beyond that surface layer where they become as much a victim to their own emotion as the child was to a bullet, to an institution, to the whims of that person who brought them into the world enslaved by the institution.

To them its all simply about ego and pride, validating narrow world views and opinions, looking for solutions that are no solution at all and then calling it a day.

Most of them won’t get it. Most of them want to gravitate towards that lowest possible common denominator and drag anyone down that isn’t gravitating towards it also.

As one well intentioned poster put it, it is very much like talking to robots. They aren’t actually able to think outside of their programming loop.

It is as sad as it is perplexing and a frightening sign that the end is truly nigh!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
Proto,
I have read your posts, and commented that you know ashamedly little about firearms, ballistics, weapons, trajectories and velocities.

This lack of understanding is inversely proportional to the volume of words you type about responsibility of various parties in this tragic incident.

I have observed that your grammar is inaccurate. Along with the majority of your observations.

I objectively see you pointing your finger at various and sundry parties.

I propose that you bear that burden first, take responsibility for yourself to learn grammar, and ballistics, physics, math, and other subjects.

Then welcome yourself to comment profusely on this subject.

That's nice that you feel that way.

It still won't change the fact that the church, the boy's parents, and the person who shot the weapon are all partially responsible for the child's death.

Nor does your statement contain any shred of evidence that you know one thing about these things you are stating, since in reality all you are doing is claiming someone else doesn't.

Some people do have a way of exploiting tragedies in peculiar ways that's for sure!

Thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

As a human being I resented your lack of emotion, and your blaming of others emotion for their sensible posts urging the ridiculousness to stop.

So in other words you were completed guided by your emotions?

Hard to believe someone in such a state could determine what is sensible.

Maybe that's why the world is in the state its in, those who confuse the feel good with the logical and practical.

The church, the boys parent, and the person who shot the weapon are all partially responsible.

Logically there is no way they could not all be partially responsible.

Emotion won't overcome the laws of cause and effect friend.

Thanks for posting.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join