It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 30 Date To Early For I.N.C.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
While listening to President Bush's address, I was thinking that the June 30 date that the U.S. gives as the transition date for full Iraqi control, may seem a little to much to handle for the newly formed government. I heard Bush make the comment that he is sure there will be attacks against the coalition before June 30th and attacks against the I.N.C. after June 30th. I was thinking two things, one was that I believe there will be such a barrage of attacks against the members of the I.N.C. that they will ultimately fail and ask support from the U.N. or probably the U.S., my second thing, was Bush made a statement along the lines of 'we will keep our forces in Iraq for however long they are needed. And if more are needed, then more will be sent.' Yet he then says something along the lines of 'we will take out all military presents in Iraq so it will not seem like we have planes for occupation.' Does Bush not realize that he has just contradicted himself in the same speech? Or am I missing something here?

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It is a contradiction. They say the occupation will end on June 30th, but there are plans for troops to stay for at least two years. The U.S might not consider it the same thing, but the Iraqis most likely will.

The contradiction comes when they spin it for domestic consumption.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by kegs]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So why would he contradict himself in the same speech? At least if you're going to contradict yourself, do it in different speeches, geez.

new topics

join