It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions...Are they ever CORRECT?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Text

Hello ATS...

This is my first attemp at a thread so here goes nothing. I have sifted thru the various Threads and have come to the conclusion that People make some outlandish predictions at times based on nothing as far as evidence, just wild speculation. A Recent thread I read over involving October 26th 2009 and how something drastic was going to occur on that date is what got me involved with putting this together. The premise was that it was to be a banking Holiday and that TPTB were to take advantage of this and close access to everyones account which would result in Choas and Revolution...both of these seem to be a recurrent theme on ATS. One thread even followed the whole week of daily events that could have been related to the supposed event on October 26th...the only problem was they were everyday events that occur every day! One poster when nothing significant occurred, said that the event would trigger the beginning of our problems...and I thought that the beginning of our problems occured when Eve ate the Apple so long ago. Another Poster claimed they were going to stay home from work and keep their Kids home from school! This decision based on a Web-Bot prediction! "Sheeple" is a popular term to describe those who disagree with someone on ATS but that is the text book definition of sheeple, blindly following a predection from a Web-Bot. I cannot imagine it would be to hard to program a Web-Bot and have it tell people thed end is nigh and too load all your money into this account and we will save it for you when its all over. Who would go for that? Then why shut yourself in a closet based on a Web-Bot prediction and worse why drag children into the fantasy.

2012 seems to be a topic that is disscussed in great detail on ATS...the end of the world and all that. Too many times in our past people have shouted from the rolof tops about the end of the world. 2012 predictions are based on the Mayan Calendar or the fact that it ends in 2012. My sister in law gave me a calendar for Christmas which features pictures of the family for 2010 and guess what it ends in 2010 December 31. Do I need to make plans for that date as well? Maybe the Mayan guy or gal that was the calendar keeper died and it happened when he was at the year 2012 so they just thats far enough...We will work on it later? Even the Mayans themselves or at least the descendants are tired of this junk.

I have put together a short collection of past predictions here to show that its really not very easy to predict the future...the WX guy has problems predicting if its going to rain tomorrow or not so how can someone claim to predict our future. Lets live our lives as well as we can and what happens happens. I must admit that I like predictions as much as anyone else just don't put much faith in them.

Some Religious claims over the years have not been very accurate as you can see below:

1981 - Hal Lindsey predicts the "Rapture" will occur before the end of the year on December 31st...Unless I was left behind did not happen

1981 - HaL Lindsey also predicted massive earthquakes and nuclear plant meltdowns because of the "Jupiter Effect" some sort of planetary alignment...Okay the earthquakes are a given since they occur everyday all over the world but no nuclear plant meltdowns that I am aware of caused by the "Jupiter Effect" whic sounds like the Planet X theory floated around ATS. links below to a site that list other failed predictions.

www.bible.ca...

Some people actually believe their own predictions others are just outright frauds and here is an example story:

In 1809 a woman called Mary Bateman claimed to have a "Magic Chicken" that laid eggs with end of world messages on them. Crowds flocked to see the next message until she was caught putting an egg up a poor chickens privates that she had already prepared with the next message.

Continued

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Continued from above...

Jehovah's Witness have predicted the "Return" no less than 9 times thru the years..1874...1878...1881...1910...1914...1918...1925...1984...they now claim to be out of the prediction game but I predict they will be back when they find another way to make some money off of their predictions.

Bill Maupin of the Lighthouse Gospel Tract Foundation predicted the "Return" to occur on June 28 1981...When that date past it was changed to August 7 1981...and finally changed to May 14 1988. His predictions all based on the founding State of isreal in 1948.

Some other predictions do not cover Gloom and Doom so much as just the future of our tecnology and again they fail.

1949 the March edition of Popular Mechanics predicted that computers would weigh no more than 1.5 tons...heck of a lap top

In 1943 Thomas watson chairman of IBM is quoted "I think ther is a world market for maybe 5 computers"

In a Western Union internal memo from 1876..."This telephone has too amny shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communications. the device is of no value to us"

1929- "Stocks have reached a permanently high pleateau" Irving Fisher a professor of economics at Yale

1966 - Arthur C Clarke...love his stories...predicted "Flying Houses" by 2001. He envisioned whole neighborhoods flying south for the winter or for just a change of scenery.

This is why I have a hard time accepting predictions based on just the word of someone else. Too many post on ATS offer some wild theory and end with the Words "Just Trust Me". I think events are going to happen each and every year or every day that could lead some one to say I told you so. Lets relax and enjoy the life we have and concentrate on makeing 2010 a good year without looking ahead at another prediction. If its meant to be its meant to be and nothing we do will change it but past track records of predictions do not look good.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

Yes One shocking prediction

Looked into it myself rather extensively

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

HERE'S the source of all the threads on the "person" and his prediction of that time

finance.google.com...

Cheers, it might not be what you meant, but I am still impressed by this one

have fun

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Janky Red]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I could be very ATS here and say that stock market predictions are not really predictions because the Rockerfellas run things and that is how that want it be so they can make some money off of us. i have not finished reading the article but it does look neat.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
never seen an correct prediction myself... and people claiming that Nostradamus got things right are full of #.

my lines are too short...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by Janky Red

I could be very ATS here and say that stock market predictions are not really predictions because the Rockerfellas run things and that is how that want it be so they can make some money off of us. i have not finished reading the article but it does look neat.

Well he got the exact day correct, before the event - therefore his prediction was correct by definition...

Not saying anything else, I enjoyed it regardless if it was not an act of anything metaphysical.

cheers!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by raivo

I have not found one yet either but the above stock market crash date is as close as it gets for now. Nostradamus was quite the story teller...and so are some of the people that have "deciphered" his code thru the years. I still find his stuff intresting.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
When it comes to prophesy there are two sides to the coin. There is the dream (or inspiration) and there is the interpretation of said dream.

Remember the story of Joseph and the Pharaoh. The Pharaoh had the dream of the 7 fat cows being swallowed by the 7 skinny cows. The Pharaoh had he premonition but none of his priests knew how to interpret the dream...but Joseph was wise enough to interpret it properly.

The point is that you can have one talent without having the other (Joseph, according to scripture, could do both).

But the ability to prophesize is real...most people can perform one end or the other...but it's the degree of accuracy that's difficult.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

Then why is it that those who claim to have the power are never able to predict something to happen and it happens according to their dream or whatever. Loads of people have claimed to be great prophets like hal Lindsey but he failed in a big way? Same thing with all the Doom and Gloom found on ATS and the web in general it never happens or at least no one has "Hit" yet.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I can only assume that they're frauds...that they make their living off of their sensationalism...hoping that something comes true that they can point to and claim as a success...or, in the case of the Internet, they're probably a bit wacky...or just out to pull your leg.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I must agree with you...HOAXERS. It seems that is the game plan for profiting off others. If its not some doom and gloom preacher with his hand out, its a 2012 end of earth prediction with links to Amazon for survival equipment. If the 2012 stuff is correct then no amount of survival gear is going to help unless its like faith and gives people peace of mind.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by DJMSN]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If you're interested in prophesy, pick an event, like an upcoming football game, and as you go to sleep think of dreaming about the final score; as you go deeper into sleep, keep that thought in mind...keep a pad and pen near your bed-stand so that if you wake up in the middle of the night, you can write down your dream...but you have to really want/desire the dream...try it a few times and don't get frustrated if nothing happens (sometimes it's very difficult to wake yourself out of a sound sleep to write down your results and believe me, you probably can't rely on your memory in the middle of the night)...anyway, try it...you'll be surprised by the results.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If this is true I will be the richest man in the world before long! LOL I mean imagine the choas in Vegas if a dream could predict the outcome of a football game. And if I am pulling for the Cowboys and my dream shows them winning 42-0 then they win 42-0 right? But what if some guy is pulling for the Eagles and dreams that the score will be 24-0 in favor of the eagles...who's dream wins out mine or his? Same thing for lottery tickets...I know there are people out there who play the same numbers every day and dream even pray that those numbers will come up as the winning numbers so they will be rich. i understand what you are saying that the dream provides the answer not that i can make those numbers come up if I dream about them but still 2 opposing dreams would nullify each other so the last one to dream the correct score is right or what?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There's only one right answer...not opposing dreams...one dream is right and the other is incorrect.

The dream doesn't change or affect the future...the dream shows you the future.

I'm sure this sounds "kooky" but just try it for a while and see how you do...just remember, you have to want it...but you never know, you may be a natural and it will come easy.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

Thats the whole point of this thread...no one knows which dream is correct and since everyone dreams there are a lot of incorrect predictions (Dreams) but lots of people that think their dream is the right one and push that out as the real deal and thats how predictions are not correct. i suggest it just a dream and not real because of just that its a dream. If I was able to dream up prophecy then boy howdy i would be going places. The fact I remember very few dreams and when i do remember only very small parts and most are wierd and confusing much like predictions from ATS. I do recall reading something a long time ago about dreams...First everyone dreams...if you do remeber a dream then you were dreaming it at the very moment you woke up otherwise you would not have remebered it. It is also been stated with authority that people dream only in black and white but I remebered at least a couple of dreams that were in color. Also a recurring dream I had as a child was about flying like Superman...never came about as truth at least not yet. Another very vivid dream I remember was someone broke into our house and shot me...did not happen again at least not yet. and i hope it never does

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Now that's too funny...as a child I used to have dreams about flying like Mighty Mouse (with the red vapor trail and all). Most amusing.

As for the black and white dreams, that's not quite true...lots of people dream in color.

As for remembering your dreams, if you don't have a purpose (i.e. you're trying to figure out the football game score), then what's the point in remembering the dream? In other words, if you have a purpose (figuring out the football game score), and you've set yourself up to think/dream about it, then you will dream about it...capturing the dream is the difficult part...but it can be done...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If I managed to "Capture" the dream as you say there is no way for me to know if it is the real one or the false one until after the event, in this discussion a footbal game. Therefore it cannot be a way to foretell something since i would never know if it was the real one or not and as a predicter I always have that to fall back on when my predictions fail to come about...Oh it was just a false event so predictions cannot be real maybe more like guesses and guesses will not make me rich with money that according to a lot of people I need to spend it before December 2012.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
do predictions ever come correct?

How about *this* one?!

about a year ago, my deceased father came to me, in my dream. he died about 1987. Here in the dream he looked about 40 years old, not 73 when he died. This dream had all of the hallmarks, to me, of a Direct spirit visit.

In life he was interested in weather, a lot. He also was psychic.

the Dream of about a year ago.

"2010 WILL BE *VERY* COLD"!

The tone was serious, a great empathies upon the word "cold"!
[as if all the year will be colder than normal, summer too.]

yes?
warmed up to 39 today in North Florida! Orlando had 37 degrees at 9 AM!
No end in sight, they say.

freestone

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Now thats COOL...yes pun intended. thats a neat story andyour Father was good as I am looking at about 12 degrees in the morning and not looking forward to it! Dreams seem to be the way to go except i still have yet to find my lotto numbers on the TV or dream up a royal flush in Vegas but I'll keep dreaming!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
SOME PREDICTION ARE NOT CORRECT...
BUT THIS PREDICTION IS 101% CORRECT
that our SWAMI RAMDEV is going to rule the world
the indians worship the sun and in every ritual and custom we make swastika which is the symbol of prosperity...which has become a symbol of evil after hitler used it in his evil plans the coming era is of INDIA..
further proof nostradamus says that the country who will rule the world will be surrounded by water on all the three sides...see the map of india and you will see that we are surrounded by water on all three sides
EAST-BAY OF BENGAL,WEST-ARABIAN SEA,SOUTH-LACCADIVIA SEA AND THE INDIAN OCEAN
and forget the EXTREMELY WEAK LEADERSHIP OF OUR COUNTRY...because in the next elections we are going to @#$% congress..
and also HINDUISM is a religion which had been on this earth since the advent of mankind so which religion is the greatest..even a kid can decide..also about baba RAMDEV I WILL JUST SAY GOOGLE "bharat swabhimaan" and also see the photo of baba ramdev zoom it and see his fore head there is a clear sign which nostradamus says about the SECOND christ
HE IS THE TO KALKI AVATAR OF KALYUG
do not go by the appearance he has followers in billions
THERE ARE ONLY THREE RELIGIONS IN THIS WORLD WHICH CAN BE PROCLAIMED THE PATH TO GOD OR THE TRUE RELIGIONS THEY ARE CHRISTANITY,HINDUISM AND BUDDHISM
ALSO ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OF DEVIL AND MUST BE ERADICATED FROM THIS EARTH FOR THE BENEFIT OF MANKIND
JAI HIND!
JAI BHARAT MATA!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join