It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix: More than a Movie, It is Reality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The machine in our heads
"When confronted with the awesome power of civilization whose first representatives are parents, teachers, priests (and, later on, police officers, legislators and bosses) the child faces, psychologically, the same situation as its tribal ancestors, namely, conform to the dictates of civilization or die. The helplessness of childhood makes the threat of bodily harm or loss of love, which is used by the parents and others to enforce civilized morality and civilized education, a traumatic experience. The developing little person becomes afraid to express its own tribal nature. There is much fear that lies at the bottom of becoming a civilized adult.

When the child becomes aware of ideas and impulses that oppose the dictates of civilization, s/he experiences anxiety, which is the signal for danger. It is not the insights and urges themselves that the child fears, but rather the reaction to them on the part of those in charge. Since the child cannot escape from those who control its life, s/he runs away from dangerous thoughts and feelings. In other words, the child institutes repression of its primitive self. Tribal ideas are now isolated, cut off from awareness, and unable to properly influence the future course of events.
The trauma or inescapable terror of civilization is responsible for the derangement of reason. That inner dialogue in the human mind that is the hallmark of self-consciousness has ceased, because the depth-dimension of reflective thought, which is the primitive mind, has been silenced. Modern people no longer hear their own primal voice, and without interaction between new ideas and old ideas, the demands of the individual and the demands of the tribe (and species), there is no deep thinking. On the contrary, when reason is cut off at the roots, it becomes shallow, unable to determine what is of true value in life. "

"We have internalized our masters, which is a well-known psychological response to trauma. When faced with overwhelming terror, the human mind splits, with part of itself modeling itself after the oppressor. This is an act of appeasement: "Look," the mind says in effect, "I am like you, so do not harm me." As a result of the civilizing process, together with this psychological defense mechanism known as "identification with the aggressor", we now hear the alien voices of the various representatives of civilization in our heads. Because of these alien ego-identifications we no longer hear our own tribal/primal voice. In order for deep thinking to commence again in the human mind, it is necessary to break down these internal authorities, overcome the resistances, that prevent tribal ideas from coming to consciousness. The modern problem is not simply that we do not listen to primal ideas, but rather that primal ideas are unable to come to consciousness at all, because of the internal counterforces, or ego-alien identifications, that contradict and overpower them.

These ego-alien identifications, built up over the course of a lifetime, cohere and form a distinct, circumscribed personality, or false self, that represents and enforces the rules and regulations of civilization. This false self is observable in the frozen facial expressions, stereotypic gestures, and unexamined behavioral patterns of the general public. This false self determines much of our everyday lives, so that we are seldom the origin of our actions. We lapse into the false self at the first sign of danger, under stress, or simply because it is the path of least resistance. In this unthinking mode of social role playing, we internally reproduce our own oppression.

Trauma is a necessary part of civilizing someone, because a natural, maturing individual will not otherwise accept the ideals of civilization. These ideals - hierarchy, property, the State, for example - are so contrary to our tribal nature that they must be forcibly thrust into the human mind. This causes the mind to rupture, to divide its territory that is, to surrender a part of itself to the invading enemy. For this reason, the false self is never really integrated into the human mind, but instead occupies the mind, as a foreign body, standing apart from and above normal/healthy mental life."

------------------

The continuum concept
"The strangest and most unrealistic part of our child rearing beliefs is that our antisocial and asocial behavior toward them is supposed to make them into loving social beings. We are unable to recognize that our violence (hitting, which includes spanking), sublimated violence (punishment, which includes isolation and the withdrawal of love and affection], and parental emotional detachment (discipline), all of which are intrinsic to our child rearing methods, become children's model for future relationships. Our children are chiefly influenced in their development by who we are in relation to them, not by who we think we are or who we pretend to be. Children who are reared in our conventional ways (many of which are identical to the ways convicts, prisoners of war, and slaves have been treated throughout history), learn from the way that they are treated by their parents that it is appropriate to harm other people, to be emotionally detached from the pain of others, and that it is perfectly all right to impose one's will on other people. In short they are instructed, by example, how to be a psychopathic personality or at least to behave as one."

-------------

John Taylor Gatto

"The most sensitive children I had each year knew on some level what was really going on. But we choked the treacherous breath out of them until they acknowledged they depended on us for their futures. Hard-core cases were remanded to adjustment agencies where they converted themselves into manageable cynics."

"Barbara Whiteside showed me a poem written by a high school senior in Alton, Illinois, two weeks before he committed suicide:

He drew... the things inside that needed saying.
Beautiful pictures he kept under his pillow.
When he started school he brought them...
To have along like a friend.
It was funny about school, he sat at a square brown desk Like all
the other square brown desks... and his room Was a square brown
room like all the other rooms, tight And close and stiff.

He hated to hold the pencil and chalk, his arms stiff
His feet flat on the floor, stiff, the teacher watching
And watching. She told him to wear a tie like
All the other boys, he said he didn't like them.
She said it didn't matter what he liked. After that the class drew.
He drew all yellow. It was the way he felt about Morning. The
Teacher came and smiled, "What's this?
Why don't you draw something like Ken's drawing?
After that his mother bought him a tie, and he always Drew
airplanes and rocket ships like everyone else.
He was square inside and brown and his hands were stiff.The
things inside that needed saying didn't need it
Anymore, they had stopped pushing... crushed, stiff
Like everything else."

Molding minds

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
WOW
If only there were a way to DE-FLAG Threads... ATS, any help here!?!?

's me up!!!

Seriously unleashed... some of these threads are getting ridiculous!

[edit on 5-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
We will only be saved when God quits horsing around and kills the serpent race and breaks the ability of aliens/interdimensionals from operating on earth. But that would only be half the battle, the other battle is the freewill every human has to make to choose righteousness and godliness, and every human being on this planet will choose God if they knew how evil demons/unclean spirits are. That and being evil goes against human nature. (for the most part)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Maybe you all think it's not possible to bend a spoon? I know it is. I see the symbolism in the Matrix and most have not tapped into what they are capable of. The Matrix is closely aligned with a computer, because it's an extension of us and the thousands of symbols and stimuli we are bombarded with almost every waking moment. Cookies? It's your history!

Zion wasn't freedom, but a hidden back door still plugged into the system. You can see how they still couldn't get too far off the ground, but the light at the end of the tunnel(scene with Neo and Trinity making love)is there intertwined as one. Everything means something in the Matrix.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Hm, this just reminded me of quantum computers that are being developed. They'll be able to process in multiple states at once, sort of like electrons can be multiple states at once. I think these quantum computers will definitely be a big step forward in the computer world and could allow us to create realistic simulations of our own reality.

I think once we're capable of creating simulated realities it would remove any doubt about being in some other beings simulated reality.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaPrime

You're right they do put a lot of stuff out on DVD because they know people will buy it...but do a bit of research first before you add a one liner....find out what a blu-ray disc is and why it is good to have an old film on a blu ray disc... then come back and apologise...

p.s. the matrix on blu ray kicks ass...

paranoia

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Okay, I read your post OP, and now I'm seriously beginning to wonder about the integrity of some of the posters here...

Listen, the Matrix was a movie...a pretty good one (well the first anyway...)...but still ONLY A MOVIE. The only way I'm going to fly is with the grace of God.

I believe myself to be one of the most open minded people around...trying to see things from both sides as often as possible...but this has just gone so far over the top.

This isn't a conspiracy, it's a fantasy. Just like Charlie the Unicorn and the Tooth Fairy, the Matrix is only as real as you believe it to be.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

Read some of the other threads by the OP.... Its all about his flags and stars.... total BS if you tell me, but I'll let you come to your own conclusions..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Excellent thread unleashed, how long did you unplug for? I managed to unplug for about 10 mins maybe (not sure lost concept of time a bit lol). But then the fears came up and I ended up running for my life. While I was unplugged I was at one with everything, I was part of the forest, the forest was part of me and it wanted to support me, I was in communication with the forest, It and I were all one, how could I ever have forgetton this, forgoton my brother the forest
. The animals and birds were all swarming round me obviously attracted by the unbounding love I was emitting. Then the fear crept in, I'm unplugged, the agents must be on me, all of a sudden all the negative fears (from movies and books), about the supression of the unplugged came up. sh*t, 'they' know I'm here, gotta get out of here, *PANIC*. All of a sudden there were choppers everywhere and I convinced myself there were agents in the wood after me.

Looking back I think there really were choppers there, but agents chasing me, I think this was imagination created out of my fear.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who thinks they have 'unplugged' for short periods of time.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

wow this thread cracks me up....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Do you realise that the ideas in this thread are the same as the teachings of Buddah, Jesus, Alchemy, Hermeticism, The ancient Egyption mystery schools, New age philosophy, Kabalism, Wicca, Indiginous beliefs, etc. etc. etc?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by redzi0n]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

@Rockstar - Yes the movie the Matrix is precicely a movie. It is based on the "brain in the vat" philosophy. This philosophy is derived from other historic texts such as the early Gnostics with the "Black Iron Prison" of the Demigurge and "Maya" from anchient Hinduism.

The concept that we exist in a fabricated and intelligently designed reality system, a matrix has it's roots in some of the earlies religions and philosophies far exceeding the Matrix spin where it's a computer world generated by machines.

In cognitive sciences, with leading researchers like Dr. Thomas Cambbell a physicist who has modelled out the very nature of digital reality. One can argue that we are indeed living in a Matrix system, and reality is indeed digital in nature.

It may not be the Matrix Neo lived in, but that metaphor fits in with Reality modelled and created by consciousness. I do enjoy Morpheus's speach with Neo:

"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? "

[edit on 5-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

Nope... cause I stopped reading this thread after the first sentence... and especially after reading some of his other threads... Most important the one about his alien encounters (www.abovetopsecret.com...)... But seriously if anybody wants a good laugh, its a great read! Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

But you just replied to a post past that first thread and statement that you stopped reading it. Something tells me you are still reading the thread. I don't have any evidence to back that claim, but I belive it to be true.

Just remember, belief systems are rampant and the truth will set you free.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

haha great point my friend. As I 100% agree with everything you have said... and yup u did get me I guess, lol. I am reading these posts, so you are right. But that is because your views and others... other than unleashed are untainted in my mind and worth reading... I just felt it necessary to warn others, because a few of his threads throw up HUGH red flags in my mind about the legitimacy of some of his threads.

But this will probably be my last post in this thread... Don't want to derail it anymore, just felt it necessary to bring up those points. Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unleashed68
For Matrix fans, if read carefully and slowly, you will undoubtedly become overwhelmed by the fact, there really is a Matrix, and you are plugged into it right now.

Sometimes Hollywood writers create on the basis of an epiphany. They connect with a concept and they try to bring it to life on camera as entertainment. However, it is the basis of the concept, where it was conjured that is of importance. Like music, a great composition comes from an artist, but where does the artist get the inspiration?

The Matrix, the original movie, not the following two that made it a sequel, was based on religion and new age influence. The movie brings the elements of the computer generation and the Jewish beliefs in a Messiah coming to save Zion together under one. Regardless, there is a secret message that even the writers may have overlooked. You are part of the Matrix, right now.

In the movie, all reality is part of a complex computer simulation. The Matrix is called a system, and the system in the Matrix is really no different than real life, it is about control.

When the actors walk down a street, and Morpheus explains the dangers of the agents, he explains that agents are everyone and yet no one. It is explained that everyone who is not yet unplugged, is potentially an enemy and agent. If we change the movie concept of a physical body being plugged into the simulation of the Matrix, and we describe it as a spirit being attached to a physical body, the movie offers a strong subliminal message.

Let’s change the word pixels in computer terminology and binary code structures as seen in the movie into cells, atoms and molecules. Let’s change the fictional computer concept in the movie into science reality, and there again is a strong subliminal message.

The subliminal message, is that all spirits who are connected to the physical body are part of this system; when as yet, the system is only a simulation of cell structures uniting to form the illusion of the reality we perceive. We are all a materialization within the Matrix of physical reality, and we are all under the control of a system that is enforced by agents.

The agents can be anyone and no one, they can be government officials, cops, social workers, teachers, homeless people, the agent can be you under the right circumstance. Given the right reason and opportunity to oppose another person, or to prosecute them, we are all capable of turning into an agent, one who prosecutes another, under the design of the Matrix. The Matrix is a belief, it is a religion, it is a job, it is a security, it is an illusion. We are all part of the Matrix, and the Matrix is planet Earth.

We are all created from the elements of the Earth, we are confined to the environment of Earth. We fight to protect it, we fight to consume from it, we are all apart of it. Earth is a prison where all fight to achieve dominance, where all fight to protect their own security, the Earth is a Matrix. The Matrix of Earth always has been and still is about control.

The system is not controlled by man or woman, it is collectively controlled by will; the will of every human being to support it’s existence. We rely on the system, we feed the system, we participate in the system, and we are the system, because without us, the system can not exist. We are the very essence of the system, and we are all trapped within the system.

stop talking tripe, is this whole site just wierdos talking dog s***

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
[edit on 5-1-2010 by IandEye]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
NEO sees himself in the mirror and is about to meet his true self for the first time. Being hooked into the Matrix is living in fear and is also giving our power away. It's not a coincidence that he is sleeping at the beginning of the movie in room #11. I really wonder if the Wachowski brothers even understand the symbolism of the Trilogies, since many of the ideas didn't come from them. I haven't found too many people that understand most of the symbolism. I don't take the movies so literally that I believe we are energy for something else, but we are definitely not living to our full potential or using our other senses. No, I don't think we can fly within our flesh bodies, but we are capable of much more.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Go a year without any human contact come back into society and tell me what you see you won't believe your bleeping eyes.

Worse then the matrix, its one big hive mentality taking over.

Conform to our standard, resistance is futile quit resisting ,let go .

[edit on 6-1-2010 by menguard]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Ok sure I understand and also believe in probably a lot of what your taking about... however not particularly interested in taking the time to read much of this thread for various reasons...

But seriously...

[edit on 6-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join