It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix: More than a Movie, It is Reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks unleashed#,
I'm glad you've posted anything about the matrix series.
That 70's crowd had star wars, and we have the matrix.
It's tough, I can't compare the two series because star wars even reaches children, though. New generations, if you will, from all over the globe, like disneyland.
I can't stand science fiction, galactic space movies, or anything fake. I love the matrix. IT is the exception to everything I don't like, thank you.

Yea3h, but what I really want to know about the matrix series is.....
How and why is it available on blue ray, if it wasn't filmed for blue ray?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by 517.101]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They'll release anything on blu ray cause they know people will buy it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 517.101

I would guess that the cameras filmed very high quality images, and the computer graphics can be enhanced after the fact, but the deal with blu-ray is that it can store much more information in less space, so more of the information/detail captured originally can be put onto a single disk

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
For more info in dreams and death, and the relation to the universe,

Dreams and Death: Doorway to the Universe

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unleashed68

Could you answer the question on the basis of morality?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ModestThought

which question?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What do you mean by 'Dog'? God backwards, or some other meaning?

Originally posted by thaknobodi
What is the Matrix plugged into? Soylent green soup cess pool bio juice? Poop in the sewer?

Question for the Matrix: What happens to you if every human in the universe fasted until they could no longer lift an arm to feed themselves?

Answer: Well you'd have billions of dead and dying humans and another day rolls on by.

Question for the Matrix: Who wrote your rules for engagment in spirit?

Answer: Dog.

Whenever one plays xbox, it's like being plugged into a mini-matrix. Take the company Valve for example, one of thier start up images is a guys bald head with a red valve on the back of it. I guess it's Satan's little twist knob and backdoor trojan mind seed gate for all the bored little wingless cherubs sitting at home. Ok i get it, I'm actually the bored matrix agent.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
I think some clarification is needed.

Escape from the Matrix requires unplugging. To unplug, we must remove our spirit from our earth body.

I am convinced that in order to escape the matrix we can do so whilst still in the body (alive) to do this we must forget everything we have ever been told by others to be FACT and then open our minds to all sorts of questions and possibilities and then look for ourselves and decide for ourselves.

A sure fire way to start this process is to turn the tv off and don't read newspapers or watch the news.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I think mankind's inability to understand everything around him and answer the basic questions of life, the universe and everything has led to people believing some pretty goofy things over the years. This being one of them.

Invisible men, the world on a turtle, etc, it's all nothing more than the imagination of man filling in the gaps of what we don't know. Go find a primitive society in some places on the planet and you will find them believing in stuff to explain things the we already know.

"That's not your thunder god crying, that is precipitation and here's how it forms..."

Can't wait till we can explain the rest so we don't have to put up with some of the absurdity man has done in order to explain it himself, lol.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The Matrix is a truly astonishing piece of Art. It really does have it all - action, suspense, WOW-moments, strong character portrayal, an intriguing and powerful storyline. But even besides these qualities, it also has deep philosophical messages and touches upon both tangible and subliminal themes about civilisation, authority and reality.

I never used to like the sequels that much, but upon reflection, I see that to top - let alone equal - the brilliance of the first was impossible. After doing some research about the movies, I have come to appreciate the sequels more than I used to.

I highly recommend the following website to anybody interested in exploring the many explanations, symbols, theories about the trilogy:
Matrix Explained

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
In the bible, it says in the beginning their was the word, and from that word comes creation.

I think we are in a time when we can start to understand what that means.

The word is logic. We see the exact same thing in a video game "virtual worlds". From logic we are able to create virtual worlds. The code itself is nothing but words. If and then statements, loops(time/runtime/framespersecond) and so forth.

That's not to say that we are in a computer exactly, but to say that our world and reality is also the result of logic. We call these things "laws" of the physics, and in all honesty the study is science is an all an attempt at reverse engineering things to understand them.

Look at DNA, which acts like a configuration file of a program. And the cells that are like nanobots that read the DNA to create the organism. Change a configuration of a program, you change how the program behaves/looks. Change a configuration of DNA - same thing.

Of course, 2 parts to reality. That which is observed and experienced, and that which observes and experiences it. Or as Jesus would say, that which is spirit is spirit, and that which is flesh is flesh.

Most people define themselves as the flesh/material, and as a result they don't understand. Thus the importance of "know thyself". What is it that is "you"? Your arm, body, mind? All possessions, what possesses them? In the end, all one can say is "I am that I am". But until one starts to understand and do this, they will never understand what is spirit and what is flesh.

Here's a movie on the philosophy of the matrix. One of the best movies of all time. I btw am a fan of all 3. The last 2 are just ones that go beyond the physical/obvious level and get into where Neo is fighting within himself/against himself. The last 2 have alot of meaning in them. The first one is just about him awakening.

Wakeing up to the system, and then starting to understand it all are 2 different things. He found that he woke up into another system of control. This happens to many people, see it all the time.

Google Video Link

[edit on 1/4/2010 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Early Gnosticism had it's roots in Matrix theory. The Gnostic Christians believed humans are divine souls trapped in a material world called the "black iron prison" created by an imperfect god, the Demiurge.

This belief dates back before the birth of Christ. The perception of reality has always had philosophy that describes a "brain in the vat". Rene Descartes 16th century describes his perceptions as potentially being the influence of a Demon, and Zhuangzi [400 BC] describes his dream about a butterfly dreaming it is a human and vice versa.

The Matrix is "the brain in a vat" solipsism brought to life on the big screen, but the concepts have its roots in even early Platonic philosophy. Modern day physics is also emerging on Matrix theory implying that we do exist in a Holographic Universe or a conscious Universe.

In the Matrix the movie, Neo stands with Morpheus in what is called the "construct" a sort of pre-matrix program where they can conjure up anything they desire, guns, clothing, simulations etc.

Our dreamworld has a construct where we too can conjure up anything we desire to experience. Our dreamworld also has an ability to conjure up dreams that come true. This means, what you dream and wake up with memory happens days, weeks, months later. This is known as Deja Reve, although many of us attribute Deja Vu to this type of experience.

If dreams can come true, then the model of reality based on materialism and physical law is really just a belief system. The model of reality starts to exhibit evidence of idealism rather then materialism as the source of what reality is.

If you have enough Deja reve, you will eventually start to see that the real world we exist in, stems from the dreamworld we also exist in. A convergence of a purely idealistic reality... a dream actualizes into a very real pattern in our physical reality. This convergence is the Matrix as dreams are a conscious phenomena and exist entirely as thoughts and ideas.

Reality as an illusion is also known as Maya by Sikhs and Hindus and implies a dualism between dream and physical reality. Maya is the eastern worlds own Matrix theory.

That said, welcome to the dream we often mistake for the illusion of a physical reality.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Sounds simple, but to achieve this belief requires absolute separation from the physical illusion. That is the border that prevents a human from crossing.

Isn't that what Neo had when he was hooked up in the pod?
Absolute separation from the pysical illussion?
You see with the Matrix you can go in through the out door.
So to speak.

Dark Ghost

The Matrix is a truly astonishing piece of Art. It really does have it all - action, suspense, WOW-moments, strong character portrayal, an intriguing and powerful storyline. But even besides these qualities, it also has deep philosophical messages and touches upon both tangible and subliminal themes about civilisation, authority and reality.

I can't think of one down side to that movie either.
Oh wait, Keanu dude , definetly a down side.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
And nobody sees the obviously:

You are not only in a matrix, but you are also the creator of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is great. I have to agree with you but there is a problem with those who have a different point of view. The problem is you can not show it, the people must see it themselves. This can be done by meditation or by the human body actualy dying in which case one goes back to the spiritual or energy form
. Either way we will all know this at one time or another.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Man I can not thank you enough,star for you and a hundred more if I could for your links.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We don't "see" with our eyes anyway, we "perceive" with our minds based on past experiences, environmental variables and whatever programming we receive throughout life. Our physical bodies are merely vessels of enslavement, and true freedom cannot be acheived while encased in them. However, freedom can be closely simulated given the correct variables in the correct order, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have a question for this ,
If Neo (in the movie) who has been unplugged and plugged again in a training matrix could do some superhuman things, then how can this be done in our "reality"?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Star and flag for you too. Sorry I forgot to do that first.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm glad the OP took away some of the undertones of that film.

I'm very unhappy though that you are trying to create a belief system around it.

Seriously, do you think the Heaven's Gate folk weren't trying to unplug from this Matrix for that passing comet or those who use suicide bombers aren't doing the same thing.

In this life the only thing you get to know for sure is that you are here and you can experience things.

-m0r

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join