It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do reborn Christians regard all "spirits" as demons?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

It's impossible for Man to understand Spirit, for Man is Man. Outside of that it is merely Assumption, Dreams, Delusions, and Confusion. Man alone can not distinguish the difference between a Demon, Spirit, Man has to be taught.

Since everything we learn about life is taught to us by Man, then Man does not know of a Spirit, or a Demon, just that of Man.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

In Enochian and OT lore a demon is a fallen angel. In NT disease and madness is explained as demon possessions. In modern Solomonic texts, the people of Tyre and Sidon were the demons who built the Temple under Solomon's chief architect and master stone mason Hiram Abiff, king of Tyre, who in Freemasonic lore was killed by three men using the tools of his trade as murder weapons.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
they are to small minded to grasp the truth that all spirits are bad...yet isnt the holy ghost part of the trinity? so whats the differnce between spirits and the holy ghost?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The spirits are released when the hybrids died, not allowed to goto to heaven or hell as they are part of both yet neither ? Wow, I guess you can call them Anchor babies,LOL

Sorry could not resits.

Ive seen a demon once and looked VERY similar to what people say are greys.
The feeling of pure evil emanated from it, in a way I can not verbally explain.
It was not fear, it was evil that just was. Came rite though my living room wall.
( This was a haunted house I lived in many years ago in Oregon. )

I have also seen two other spirits in that house that I felt no evil from what so ever when they materialized and even felt relaxed when they were around strangely enough. Were they daemons as well? No idea, but I did not get an evil feeling from them at all. One was an Indian older guy and the other was a younger white girl.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i think its because..according to the bible when a human dies..he is either in heaven, sheol or hell..
He cant be in the "spirit world''
Only demons roam the outside, far below the heavens.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
About the nephilim thing, I never saw it as an angelic being having the ability to reproduce, it doesn't add up, they are spiritual beings they have no need for that (I guess) so to me what I understood it as, is that the angels before they fell, manipulated the dna in some humans, and then took those humans and had them reproduce with the women, and produced the nephilim etc. That makes more sense to me.

As far as spirits and whatnot go, there is the Holy Spirit, we Christians like that Spirit haha. But another question to ask, is why do you care for "good" spirits and all of that, Jesus alone is enough.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Wow, here's a thread that's a blast from the past!

I guess I was asking because if one has a flash of a dead loved one, or gets a familiar voice on EVP, then should one immediately regard that as being demonic?

What if it isn't demonic, but really a sincere spirit trying to communicate something?

Then I wonder where these teachings come from, and if a lot of those authors, like Rebecca Brown (and similar Jack T. Chick sources) haven't been exposed as charlatans, who pretty much thumb-sucked their once very authoritative spiritual malarkey.

I know that privately many Christians who felt they experienced ghosts and spirits are very skeptical on all spirits being demons, although they won't challenge the sect leaders in public.

More recently it seems the focus has shifted almost entirely from spiritualism to aliens, who are now the new "demons from hell" and lucrative spin on the New Age industry.

But not so long ago the standard teaching in local pentecostal churches was also that near death experiences weren't real because man is appointed to die only once.
But today it's been enthusiastically embraced, and there are tons of NDE stories about heaven or hell on YouTube.

That's another Christian spin on something that started outside the evangelical mainstream, and most of these stories would have been regarded as blasphemous in the early 1990s.
NDE's was for New Agers.
So these teachings do change, and suspiciously reflect what sells at the time in the wider supernatural market.

edit on 28-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join