It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do reborn Christians regard all "spirits" as demons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In the accepted Old Testament Saul encounters the dead via the "Witch of Endor". Some verses are more specific: Job 4:15, "Then a spirit passed my face; and the hair of my flesh stood up".
How, why or where does anyone get the message in the Bible that all spirits are "demons"?
Somebody please explain why significant amounts of people believe in aliens and spirits, but only as "demons"?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
New Testament demons are believed by some to be the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim, a half angel-human hybrid born of a sexual union between a fallen angel and a human female.

Being half-angel/half human, upon their death they can neither ascend to heaven nor descend to hell but are trapped in a limbo region between.

These are the demons of the "dead relative coming back to let us know he/she is ok" genre.

Demons know everything about a dead person because they have been around since the time of Noah's flood and simply follow a person (or persons) throughout their life.

Once the person has died, the demon is "homeless". It leaves; or it finds another human host (another family member perhaps). It can manifest its presence physically using mediums, channelers, poltergeist or other "haunted" activity, etc.

It typically can manifest as the person it hosted in that person's life.

Fallen angels are part of Satan's ilk and their plan for humanity has never changed: kill, steal, destroy, deceive.

Part of that deception involves creating and exploiting the "ET" phenomenology. In that context, demons, who are still under their control in the dark spiritual hierarchy of things, can be summoned to help "play out the game" so to speak.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by thisnamenotinuse]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisnamenotinuse

Thanks for info, but somebody who believes this, where is the evidence in the Bible?
Not to be rude, but how can you begin a "New Testament" argument from the Nephilim in Genesis? Isn't that a contradiction?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well, the word demon has many many meanings to religious and spiritual people. it does not necessarily mean "Bad", it could just mean not physical.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Evidence is a study in itself, but you can start by reading Genesis 6:4.

Other evidences are that demons of the new Testament always manifested and came out of "people" in the presence of Jesus or at His command (or those of his apostles).

Now ask yourself this question: why didn't the NT demons manifest their true nature BEFORE they were exposed? Answer: because demons inhabit human hosts and prefer to do so anonymously.

Another question: if a human host is possessed by a demon, where did that demon come from? The only answer I have found in Scripture is that the Genesis 6:4 verse hybrids (giants and other monsters) perished in the flood of Noah. Suddenly "demons" are only known to those involved in witchraft or necromancy (calling the dead). And suddenly they appear in full view when Jesus or his apostles are working. Seems too coincidental to believe any other interpretation for my logic.

There are many websites that detail more about these things.

Here is one of them: www.sozzledboot.com...

Just look around the rest of the same forum for more info.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Well, the word demon has many many meanings to religious and spiritual people. it does not necessarily mean "Bad", it could just mean not physical.

To me "demons" mean bad, bad, bad.
I enjoyed the post, because it's the first time I heard of demons not being wicked and evil.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Would you rather have a "bad" demon living with you or a "good demon born outside the will and purposes of God".

Wrong is wrong, whether it be good or bad!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisnamenotinuse
Evidence is a study in itself, but you can start by reading Genesis 6:4.

Other evidences are that demons of the new Testament always manifested and came out of "people" in the presence of Jesus or at His command (or those of his apostles).

Now ask yourself this question: why didn't the NT demons manifest their true nature BEFORE they were exposed? Answer: because demons inhabit human hosts and prefer to do so anonymously.

Another question: if a human host is possessed by a demon, where did that demon come from? The only answer I have found in Scripture is that the Genesis 6:4 verse hybrids (giants and other monsters) perished in the flood of Noah. Suddenly "demons" are only known to those involved in witchraft or necromancy (calling the dead). And suddenly they appear in full view when Jesus or his apostles are working. Seems too coincidental to believe any other interpretation for my logic.

There are many websites that detail more about these things.

Here is one of them: www.sozzledboot.com...

Just look around the rest of the same forum for more info.

I cannot agree - the hybrids in Genesis were physical beings. Demons are non-material and cannot interbreed with us.
I believe in many spirits, but only a few are demons or the "Jinn" that was never embodied. But maybe Im wrong?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Now ask yourself this question: why didn't the NT demons manifest their true nature BEFORE they were exposed? Answer:

Because they are imaginary ?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I cannot agree - the hybrids in Genesis were physical beings.

No doubt you have the physical evidence then ?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Bible tells us to test the spirits. This is what I would do before I would be at all interested in what a spirit has to say to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Would you rather have a "bad" demon living with you or a "good demon born outside the will and purposes of God".

Please explain more, you seem to regard all "demons" as evil and wrong. Not only that, but you probably regard all "spirit contact" as "demonic contact" despite the Holy Bible.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

If testing a spirit had, say 5 criteria, would the apostles be wholly good and pass by today's standards of goodness?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I cannot agree - the hybrids in Genesis were physical beings. Demons are non-material and cannot interbreed with us.
I believe in many spirits, but only a few are demons or the "Jinn" that was never embodied. But maybe Im wrong?

Just to clarify in case I made an error in my post, the hybrids were indeed physical. I never mentioned that demons ever interbred with humans. However, I did say that fallen angels once interbred with females.

The Nephilim are the physical result of a female mating with a fallen angel in human form. The Bible is full of angels appearing as "fully equipped" human males in a human physical form - they could walk, talk, eat, sleep, fight, be touched, etc, all things such as we do while in their physical state. Technically they aught to be able to have sex as well. The Bible forbids the act of sex between angels or between angels and humankind. That does not mean they can't do it if they rebelled (which some angels did). Jesus said in Heaven the angels neither marry nor are given in marriage. Would you even say that to a creation that had no sexual organs? But I digress.

So much for crossing the angelic-physical-genetic barrier.

Now upon the physical death of a Nephilim, a spirit is released and because of its "dual citizenship" is bound to the earth. The name given to that spirit is "demon".

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Physical and evidence? What is that?
Maybe you have the physical evidence for 6 million dead in the holocaust, or 1 million in the bombing of Iraq? Maybe the 3 000 dead on 9/11.
What is this "physical evidence"?
I will never say or deny those atrocities didn't happen.
But physical evidence this or that, the slogan itself means nothing.
Yes I do have physical evidence for inter-species existance. People (mammals) have a reptillian centre in their brain and are sometimes born with REPTILE tails. Is that not material evidence?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by novacs4me

If testing a spirit had, say 5 criteria, would the apostles be wholly good and pass by today's standards of goodness?

Jesus repeatedly cautioned against sorting into 'good' and 'not good'. The Pharisees tried real hard to be 'good', and he had no use for them, because they held their 'goodness' as their rank over the rest of the people. No, it is clear that the spirits are to be tested by asking them who Jesus is. To deny Him His kingship is to fail the test. He is Lord of all.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Somebody please explain why significant amounts of people believe in aliens and spirits, but only as "demons"?

Because some religious people are afraid of the unknown. So, they seem okay with labelling something as they don't know anything about as a "demon".
Quite pathetic.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Please explain more, you seem to regard all "demons" as evil and wrong. Not only that, but you probably regard all "spirit contact" as "demonic contact" despite the Holy Bible.

Demons are "by very definition" demonic. They are evil and wrong by nature. That is why they have been given the name "demon". If they were not demonic in nature they would have been given another name that did not have the same meaning as the term "demon" does.

Any unlawful spirit contact of the dead is forbidden by God (it's called necromancy - read Leviticus). Saul contacted a "witch" (also forbidden by God) to summon the "dead" (already established as being forbidden by God). In what context then is that "spirit" which appeared to Saul (and which hijacked the name of Samual) a "good" thing, seeing as both contacting a witch and contacting a dead spirit were forbidden by God?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So in other words, according to this faith one cannot contact the dead or other intelligences - whatever one gets is demonic?
So where are the dead, and the other nature, alien spirits?
I think I get the point, but not the logic?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

By the way, I saw a program on the Westboro Baptist Sect.
They began their public demonstrations with "God hates Fags", and then went on to the Jews and Catholics. Now they picket the funerals of US soldiers and call it "worshipping the dead". Is it necromancy and worshipping the dead, or where do mainstream Christians draw the line?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join