It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread Panic.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I often think if there are Alien lifeforms out there why can't we know and why are they hidding it all from us?
There most likey IS other life other than THIS earth but we will never know(for now) if there is or not for the simple reason of the panic it will cause all across the earth.
I understand this but it would be a releaf in away that we know instead of being kept in the dark.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Mostly, the general population isn't ready to *know* it yet...Only the relatively few open-minded people that live could accept it as fact & not go bonkers with conflicting religious beliefs.

...This is one of the reasons that I disdain religious fanatics...Too narrow-minded & willingly wearing blinders to the actual reality around them...And willing to commit violent acts against anything they can't accept, even if it's fact.

...People are soooo Stooopid! That's why I'm glad that I gave up being a people a long time ago...I'm much more at peace with me than I ever have been before that time.

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I can't see why religious people would have such a hard time with this, even fundementalists.

After all God created the heavens and earth etc, etc. 'Oh by the way chaps there are a few other types out there, yes I made them as well.'

What's the problem with that?

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well said Roadghost. I mean, couldn't you just imagine thinking that the english version of the bible was the only one available? What if we had ENTIRELY DIFFERENT VERSIONS of the same principles? The theologians as well as the Church would be kept VERY busy!

You'd have to start conditioning the general public through the churches and media, to accept the idea. We've been doing it in the media for years now, thank goodness.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadghost What's the problem with that?

Fundies are, by nature, intolerent of new ideas...They'd want to "convert" the aliens, many of them using violence to do so.
Can we say, "Holy Crusade"? How about, "Jihad"? I knew you could...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It will greatly affect religion....

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
and turning some religions on their ears... First and foremost, is the establishment of what their agenda is, are there others out there? If there are others, what is their relationship with them, etc. There's likely to be tremendous economic impacts, that can't even be fathomed at this point. The more research I've done on it, the more I find out about times they were going to go public, only to then hush it back up again. Perhaps this trickling effect of information is the best way. Then again, what if it's an awful secret that's being hidden...the aliens aren't benign, but in fact, quite sinister, and we're only keeping them in check... As a government, if this were the case, would you want your citizens to know this? Something to think about...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If the aliens were actually hostile we wouldn't stand much of a chance against interstellar levels of technology anyway, government revealing the fact or not. At any rate, it would be in the government's best interest to alert the public of hostile aliens so that the world would stand its best chance of survival anyway. Without public support, do you think a primarily Earth-based military *alone* would be sufficient to wipe out an interstellar-based military?

Figure the odds...

Earth would stand a better chance of survival with sheer overwhelming *numbers* with such a technological difference. Mainly because of the effort of aliens to ship troops here would cut down on the *numbers* of troops they could send.

Have you seen the results of a war between an Earth "superpower" against any "third-world" country? And this is only considering the difference of a few decades difference in techological advancement. Think of the odds that humanity would face when confronted with a technology that's (figuratively) light years ahead of its own.

[Edited on 28-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
define for me an Alien?

what is the big deal of ""beleif"" or ""worship""(if i may use that expression)of such Aliens..........

is there satisfaction with the beleif of some sort of Alien life form......
What exactly does an Alien do for YOU?

MidnightDStroyer

posted on 27-2-2003 at 05:43 PM

quote:

Fundies are, by nature, intolerent of new ideas...They'd want to "convert" the aliens, many of them using violence to do so. end of quote///////////

Are you sure that the ""Aliens"" are not here to ""convert"" many people that await some great big out there show>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and then what???

what does ""aliens"" really teach you ?? ?
OR "what have they taught you???
Is there a reason for them to be here /or are they SHY about revealing themselves to CROWDS??

[Edited on 28-2-2003 by helen]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
*It will greatly affect religion....*

Hopefully it will greatly redefine religion for the better but I fear M'DStroyer has a point there is no reasoning with those who've lost the ability and the fundies will plunge us all into an intergalactic holy war. When we next come to we're working as slaves in the crystal mines of Thargoid!

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There is pretty good research evidence out there, that the situation may be one of this nature:

The aliens superior technology no longer holds as true, with the exception of interstellar travel, and that we have weapons that are capable of at least ensuring that a stalemate situation persists...

Of course, this is all extremely speculative, but the possibilty is there...lets face it, this whole discussion is built on "what-ifs"....

arc

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wonder if half the reason for keeping any knowledge of alien existance hushed up is the hysteria and mass suicide that followed the broadcast of War of the Worlds on radio earlier on last century?

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
justification before... Indeed, it is a good illustration of how many might react, especially if we have no idea about their motives before the encounter. This is what makes knowing those motives so important.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
But, how can you know their motives unless they expose themselves? But then It'd be too late.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I meant that, if the government is keeping the secret, then a primary goal they would have, prior to going public, would be to educate us on the alien agenda. Had this agenda been a benign one, you would think we'd have seen more depictions of this in the media, leading up to the announcement. However, because this hasn't been the case, then it seems to leave only two alternatives:

1) There aren't any aliens.

OR

2) Their motives are not benign....:md:

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
...Or perhaps even harvesting some common element or substance that they can't find easily anywhere else they've looked...And they wan't to avoid a lot of hassle while collecting their samples.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
if the universe is infinate as they say, then it is 100% certain that there is other life out there, think about it.

its an impossibility for the universe to be infinate and us to be the only life, so if the universe is infinate like i belive it is, then other life exsists, weather we will ever come in contact is a different issue as they could be so far away we could never meet

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm thinking along the line of the Vulcan IDIC philosophy. IDIC (Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations).

[Edited on 1-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
if the universe is infinate as they say, then it is 100% certain that there is other life out there, think about it.

its an impossibility for the universe to be infinate and us to be the only life, so if the universe is infinate like i belive it is, then other life exsists, weather we will ever come in contact is a different issue as they could be so far away we could never meet

I agree about other life, but what exactly is that Other life ???
History tells us that people have always beleived that some form of ""Alien"" have always been in existence but the "Alien" that existed in the past only differs in ""Appearance"" changing physical shape and form to suit our century........

So if "Alien" has only changed in appearance to suit todays people,what or why are they here for???

There are many questions for people out there that have seen or been in contact with so called ""Aliens""

Why was the world created??? ...........

people have changed only because of the way society wants us to be or become........we are influenced by the media, movies, and the world in general.........

""Widespread Panic"">>>>>>I think so.........

[Edited on 2-3-2003 by helen]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A widespread panic would most likely occur if it was indeed uncovered... But I figure if the aliens are truely advanced then they should know this and know how to avoid getting uncovered...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join