It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hire a private army?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hear theories that the US Government may use private armies to police with in the borders of the USA to get around the constitution.

So if a city is suddenly occupied by these armed contractors, can the city use its own money to hire a competing army to drive the one hired by the Federal Government out?

Seems like there may be the opportunity for cities or even states to hire protection from unconstitutional events.
Then again it could lead to a civil war if not properly controlled.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think that is possible. Even more of a possiblity is that private corporations will hire them to protect their infrastructures during natural catastrophes or civil unrest (just like during katrina).

The reasons why they are using these mercenaries is precisely what you say: to dodge any laws that might restrict their activites. I can;t wait for the billboards - "need someone disappeared? Call Xe today and payback that cheating spouse!"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes, actually it's not illegal for the state or just any rich man to hire an army. The illegal part is making your army harm something that isn't yours. This is no big deal in the fact that an army would do the government no good being they control this city in there state. Is there any worries in the area that you live that you or your neighborhood may be overtaken by a hostile government?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If that should ever come to pass, you should check out FM-21-150 "Combatives".

www.google.com...

It is a meat-and-potatoes guide to effective movement.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Pretty scary, in my opinion.
The Government wouldn't hesitate to look the other way once they're ordered to fire at anyone for going against their agenda.

new topics

top topics

join