It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Digital Sculpture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbbaee65a007.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4aefd119ccdf.jpg[/atsimg]

Digital sculpture hand sculpted and textured in Autodesk Mudbox and Rendered in 3d max.

Wayne...

[edit on 3/1/2010 by the secret web]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Awesome, Flag for you, seems like an alien with wisdom

Nice, very nice

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Had to do it... I used your alien face to transpose over Obama's face..... makes him look really really old..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d59ffd0be68.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

great work!! you are a clever artist !

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Had to do it... I used your alien face to transpose over Obama's face..... makes him look really really old..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d59ffd0be68.jpg[/atsimg]

Damn thats some serious burns that obamas got causing those wrinnkles lol. Glad you like it.... got to admit its becomig a fav of mine

Wayne...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by the secret web

great work!! you are a clever artist !

Thanks....

Wayne...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hey, have you got other artwork like this? Keep posting them, you're not getting enough coverage!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
hey great stuff
never tried my hand at 3d software before, but i would be willing to learn. Im good with anatomy and such, so it would only be a matter of learning the software.

any idea which one is the best? zbrush? 3ds max?

anyway point me in the right direction, you def know what your doing

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry for being late in replying I'm away fomr home at the moment working for cartoon network for a month, stuck in a hotel with a weak 1 bar wifi signal that goes to zero if a car so much as drives anywhere near my hotel lol.

Hey, have you got other artwork like this? Keep posting them, you're not getting enough coverage!!!!

Oh I have loads of the bloody things.... I post a few here and there and one my site as I have time.

Originally posted by The Cloak
hey great stuff
never tried my hand at 3d software before, but i would be willing to learn. Im good with anatomy and such, so it would only be a matter of learning the software.

any idea which one is the best? zbrush? 3ds max?

anyway point me in the right direction, you def know what your doing

I use Mudbox in combination with 3d max, although it realy depends on what a person feels comfortable with. (Although you'll hear all sorts of comments proclimaing one app or another better than anything else lol... no different to mac v's pc arguments lol.) I have a load of tutorials on one of my sites (www.mudboxhub.com) that are free and cover a lot of ground if your interested.

Wayne...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Do you do requests?

I have a picture of a what some say is a real 'sirius A' being.... and I wanted to try make it 3D but I am trying mudbox and i'm 'FAILING'....

Just the head would be awesome if you could try... or if you can't, then guidance on how to do it in mudbox (2010 trial version) would be great...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df14e4711340.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here's my second attempt, i don't know how to add textures though?? having problems with that... Or eyeballs, how do I add eyeballs?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3341f89a4da6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
well i tried my hand at mudbox and came up with a pretty basic 3d renders in about 30 mins....nothing special just messing around....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cc8180d6038.jpg[/atsimg]

only thing i see lacking is the apparent inability of mudbox to copy objects...gonna go give zbrush a try, i know each has its strong points.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Do you do requests?

I have a picture of a what some say is a real 'sirius A' being.... and I wanted to try make it 3D but I am trying mudbox and i'm 'FAILING'....

Sorry I dont do requests mainly due to lack of time. The majority time is taken up doing 3d professionally (currently I'm working for cartoon network a triple A games title ..although can't say what, and a models for a tv advert..if I do my job correctly, then you'll not even notice its a 3d model when the ad is aired.), and whats left I split between stuff for me to relax and my wife and kids.

Wayne...

[edit on 18/1/2010 by the secret web]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by the secret web

Do you do requests?

Sorry I dont do requests mainly due to lack of time. The majority time is taken up doing 3d professionally (currently I'm working for cartoon network a triple A games title ..although can't say what, and a models for a tv advert..if I do my job correctly, then you'll not even notice its a 3d model when the ad is aired.), and whats left I split between stuff for me to relax and my wife and kids.

Wayne...

[edit on 18/1/2010 by the secret web]

Sure not a problem

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
open a new file and make your eyeball on a sphere, then import it into the current mesh.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

open a new file and make your eyeball on a sphere, then import it into the current mesh.

Ok will try that, thanks for the tip

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i would say give zbrush a try, a little steeper learning curve but once your over it and learn the basics its far better.

also if you want to compile stuff i recommend getting 3dsmax or a similar program.

also check out cgtalk, just google it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

i would say give zbrush a try, a little steeper learning curve but once your over it and learn the basics its far better.

I'm not getting into this one....lol. Common misconception. zbrush alows you to paint just two map types (bump and color) mud allows you to paint far more than I can list here and lets you use far higher polygon counts. (I wrote the longest book ever written on zbrush so I speak from a point of experience.) But use what makes sense to you is always my advice, not what anyone tells you is best, as to be honest everyone has a vested interest one way or another.

Wayne...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
only shortfall i can see with mudbox is the absence of zspheres type plug, if one is out there please let me know cause i would love to use mudbox more
i agree it better at what it does imo, however it lacks certain things. I love the Photoshop integration in mud, it was made to work with PS and i love that.

Ive had issues importing .obj's to mudbox for some reason, especially from zbrush.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

only shortfall i can see with mudbox is the absence of zspheres type plug, if one is out there please let me know cause i would love to use mudbox more
i agree it better at what it does imo, however it lacks certain things. I love the Photoshop integration in mud, it was made to work with PS and i love that.

Ive had issues importing .obj's to mudbox for some reason, especially from zbrush.

To be honest its intended as a professional production house production tool so its assumed the user has at the very least rudimetary polygon modeling skills. But it is something a few people have asked for.

Wayne...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join