It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Planet , A Discovery Channel Special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Mankind’s greatest adventure may only be decades away. Unmanned space probes equipped with AI will soon be sent to search for life on planets beyond our solar system. But what happens if we do find it?
The show uses sophisticated computer-generated imagery, which is interspersed with interviews from Stephen Hawking, George Lucas, Michio Kaku, and Jack Horner.
It premiered on May 14, 2005.

Alien Planet Web Site

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I saw this!
i totally cried when the robot died.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I remember watching this too when it first came out. I liked the Bladder Horns the best, but thought that the Eosapieans where kinda dumb.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
damn it! I was expecting to find Scientists FOUND alien planet. lol. damn it.. I saw this. oh well
still good that is.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The entire documentary is based on artist Wayne D. Barlowe's story/artbook "Expedition". Check it out. WAY better than the show.

~G

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah see what you mean , some pretty cool art work and future desktop wallpapers I think

Thanks for the info Gaudeamus

For anyone who may be interested here is Wayne D. Barlowe's Expedition website Expedition

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The planet "Pandora" from "Avatar" is totally possible. I even saw an article about that on Yahoo! a week ago. Ahh yes. Here's the direct link for you all:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Avatar's Moon Pandora Could Be Real, Planet-Hunters Say

In the new blockbuster Avatar, humans visit the habitable -- and inhabited -- alien moon called Pandora. Life-bearing moons like Pandora or the Star Wars forest moon of Endor are a staple of science fiction. With NASA's Kepler mission showing the potential to detect Earth-sized objects, habitable moons may soon become science fact.

We haven't found any exomoons yet, but I believe it's totally possible for (some of) them to be habitable. Why not?

Kepler is going to really blow things away with finding stuff. I can't wait. There was even an article today that they found a batch of 5 exoplanets (more Hot-Jupiters with fast rotation periods).

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Good documentary, although it was far too "earth-based" for me. I think our definition of life is bound to chains for now, but out there are things you could never have imagined, and our definition of intelligence is equally rooted in misconception, just look how we treat whales, monkeys, fellow humans etc....

When we find other complex lifeforms on some remote planet, we will be baffled by the sheer complexity and otherworldiness of those very beings. It will blow our minds and put our origin into question.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Take this up with YouTube, although you're fighting a losing battle. Once these are removed 20 other copies are uploaded to take it's place within minutes starting the complaint cycle over again. It's called shotgun uploading.

Even more hilarious is the fact that since people like yourself have slammed the torrent communities over the years, it's drove a lot of people such as myself over to "paid download" services like Megaupload where we don't just download a couple documentaries here and there, we download literally 10's of gigabytes worth of documentaries within a week.

This is a great documentary BTW, I highly suggest people interested in the subject take a look at it, it's quite fascinating.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

People like myself? You mean people who support not stealing?

Nice work admitting you're a thief in an open forum, and you're proud of it.

This place is a joke, obviously. I'm done with it. Reported this forum to Discovery.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by rocksarerocks]

new topics

top topics

join